Amazon Tavern

We went and did our monthly shopping.Our young friends at the Y,have been telling us we have to try Panda Express.
So we went there for lunch.
The Orange Chicken was good.I tried some of Connie's ,I had the Mushroom Chicken.
While Connie was finishing,I was looking over the dishes,the cook said the Shanghai Angus Steak was his favorite.I said,I'll have to try it next time.He said try it now,and gave me a sample.It was really good!
All in all pretty good.

We went and did our monthly shopping.Our young friends at the Y,have been telling us we have to try Panda Express.
So we went there for lunch.
The Orange Chicken was good.I tried some of Connie's ,I had the Mushroom Chicken.
While Connie was finishing,I was looking over the dishes,the cook said the Shanghai Angus Steak was his favorite.I said,I'll have to try it next time.He said try it now,and gave me a sample.It was really good!
All in all pretty good.

Not too greasy or spicy?

Sure do miss that Chinese place we always went to back in the Lou. Every time we go down there we make it a task to eat there at least once. The wait staff and owners still remember us even though we've been gone almost three years now.

No we decided on shrimp and scallops. They came out fantastic.

I bet!! How did you do them?

It was horribly hot and humid here yesterday. We don't have a/c in the main part of the house, only in the finished part of the basement. So cooking was kind of unpleasant but I managed. We had baked beans, festive corn, deviled eggs, burgers, pink lemonade, ice cream and strawberries. And the neighbors brought salsa, chips, cheese, wine, and bread. We ended up dining downstairs. After supper it started to cool off a little outside so we sat out there and smashed skeeters and listened to the thunderstorms coming closer and closer. We got a good amount of rain plus a spectacular natural fireworks show too! Glad you guys had a good day as well.

I bet!! How did you do them?

It was horribly hot and humid here yesterday. We don't have a/c in the main part of the house, only in the finished part of the basement. So cooking was kind of unpleasant but I managed. We had baked beans, festive corn, deviled eggs, burgers, pink lemonade, ice cream and strawberries. And the neighbors brought salsa, chips, cheese, wine, and bread. We ended up dining downstairs. After supper it started to cool off a little outside so we sat out there and smashed skeeters and listened to the thunderstorms coming closer and closer. We got a good amount of rain plus a spectacular natural fireworks show too! Glad you guys had a good day as well.

Marinated the shrimp and scallops in Italian dressing cooked on grill med heat 5 min. served with salad new potatoes off grill and baked beans. Good eats.

It was hot but low humidity plus I have a floor fan on the patio that helps plus blows the heat away from the front of the grill.

Marinated the shrimp and scallops in Italian dressing cooked on grill med heat 5 min. served with salad new potatoes off grill and baked beans. Good eats.

It was hot but low humidity plus I have a floor fan on the patio that helps plus blows the heat away from the front of the grill.

Tasty -- AND healthy both! Sure wish we could get scallops here. They do have them once in a great while at the seafood counter, but they're dinky little things that look like they'd fall right through the grill basket. Any time you want to send us some, I'll swap you for some northwoods pinecones. lol

Tasty -- AND healthy both! Sure wish we could get scallops here. They do have them once in a great while at the seafood counter, but they're dinky little things that look like they'd fall right through the grill basket. Any time you want to send us some, I'll swap you for some northwoods pinecones. lol

Be careful if you find the big scallops. Some places sell the big scallops but they are really stingray wing plugs. look and almost taste the same but the plugs are a lot cheaper.

Be careful if you find the big scallops. Some places sell the big scallops but they are really stingray wing plugs. look and almost taste the same but the plugs are a lot cheaper.

Oh weird! Aren't stingrays a cartilaginous fish? How could you even chew that?

Was at a friend's place in Bangsaray the other day, this was our meal fresh from the Gulf of Thailand. The poor critters were alive an hour before, but their sacrifice for the greater good was much appreciated.

IMG_20190704_165359329.jpg

I love shrimp and scallops and so does my mother! I took her to a small drive in that serves the best haddock, shrimp and scallops as the "seafood combo" in my Cobra. She said she had a wonderful time, I told her we'd be doing it again.

I love shrimp and scallops and so does my mother! I took her to a small drive in that serves the best haddock, shrimp and scallops as the "seafood combo" in my Cobra. She said she had a wonderful time, I told her we'd be doing it again.

Nothing like a mothers love to ride in a noisy uncomfortable Ford just for her son. The next time rent a limo. Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed yourself, I would love to be able to take my mom out to dinner. Enjoy her company while you can.

Look, a hero!

"A cockatoo has been filmed tearing anti-nesting spikes from a shopping centre, freeing up the ledge for other birds in the Australian city of Katoomba.

"In a video posted on social media, titled ‘F*** the police”, the sulphur-crested cockatoo is seen patiently ripping out sections of metal spikes and dropping them on the pavement outside the Town Centre Arcade on Katoomba Street.

"One Twitter user who lives nearby in Wentworth Falls, New South Wales, said the bird had once tried to steal his shopping and that it "cons tourists out of their snacks".

"He is a liar and a thief," he added."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...es-bird-nesting-shopping-centre-a8989666.html

Weird weather yesterday and today here. Much cooler, which is a great relief. But the sky is opaque with smoke from fires in Canada, almost like an overcast day. In the afternoon it turned orange and yellow and by 7pm it was like dusk.

Weird weather yesterday and today here. Much cooler, which is a great relief. But the sky is opaque with smoke from fires in Canada, almost like an overcast day. In the afternoon it turned orange and yellow and by 7pm it was like dusk.

We're getting some relief in temperature,but still pretty humid!Ohio the humidity capital of the world!

We're getting some relief in temperature,but still pretty humid!Ohio the humidity capital of the world!

We had a super nice weekend, despite the hazy smoky skies. It kept the temps down to the 60s for highs. Good outdoors and good sleeping weather too. It's going to get hot again later in the week though. Mr. Owl ordered us a portable a/c unit for the master bedroom. So far we haven't had too many hot, humid days. But then summer's just getting started!

Hey Aimee, if you have clear skies take a look to the north tonight. We currently have a minor geomag storm underway! I might try to get some pics, but we still have a lot of smoke haze from Canada.

Back