Amazon Tavern

Drinks are on the house!

Hey, LiG, tell us more about the keto diet thingie?
Well I do lazy keto, if anything. More like low-carb. Some who do keto are militant like and take it all very seriously, the macros, keto-purity. Keto is a lot of trouble. You have to calculate how much fat, protein and carbs per day.

Well I do lazy keto, if anything. More like low-carb. Some who do keto are militant like and take it all very seriously, the macros, keto-purity. Keto is a lot of trouble. You have to calculate how much fat, protein and carbs per day.

It sounds rugged for sure. One guy told me the other day that you can still eat carbs on the keto diet, as long as they contain a good amount of fiber. Supposedly you get to subtract the grams of fiber from the total grams of carbs.

It seems to make more sense to just eat a balanced diet and focus on high-quality proteins and carbs-with-fiber like raw veggies and whole grains.

It sounds rugged for sure. One guy told me the other day that you can still eat carbs on the keto diet, as long as they contain a good amount of fiber. Supposedly you get to subtract the grams of fiber from the total grams of carbs.
Yes, that's called "net carbs" but I think it's best to go with the regular number of carbs.

They say you can have some berries and things in small amounts but it is generally frowned upon.

It seems to make more sense to just eat a balanced diet and focus on high-quality proteins and carbs-with-fiber like raw veggies and whole grains.
I stay away from carbs in general and stick with chicken/fish and vegetables/salad. Although my weakness is mixed nuts/peanut butter.

Yes, that's called "net carbs" but I think it's best to go with the regular number of carbs.

They say you can have some berries and things in small amounts but it is generally frowned upon.

I stay away from carbs in general and stick with chicken/fish and vegetables/salad. Although my weakness is mixed nuts/peanut butter.

Oh yes. Salty things. Nuts are actually super good for you in moderation. Omega 3s and anti-oxidants and so forth. I get a trail mix that has nuts, dried cranberries and raisin, and pepitas. It's not salted but still tastes good.

Oh yes. Salty things. Nuts are actually super good for you in moderation. Omega 3s and anti-oxidants and so forth. I get a trail mix that has nuts, dried cranberries and raisin, and pepitas. It's not salted but still tastes good.
I get a mix with almonds, cashews, pecans, brazil and hazelnuts.

Connie loves trail mix!But she adds a bag of M&M's

I didn't know it's possible for a bird to live that long. Wow. That's great.

It's incredible. One time we rescued a cockatoo from a local pet store. (We being a group of parrot rescuers.) I found him on the floor in a tiny cage in the back of the store, covered with a towel. No toys, just him on a bare perch. Asked the store lady about him. She said that he had belonged to an elderly lady who had apparently had him for years and years. She had to go into a nursing home, and the family had no idea what to do with the poor bird, so they brought him to the store wrapped in a towel and dumped him off. She wanted $800 for him. (!!!) I talked her down to $500 and the group raised the ransom to get him out of there. He went to a person in Colorado who flew to STL to pick him up. We had taken him to the vet who said he couldn't begin to guess his age, but he had an import band on his leg so he was a wild-caught bird dating from before 1988, when importation was banned. He lived a few happy years with Bonnie, and then passed away.

Back