Amazon Tavern

OMG that is sad. The poor bird was hoarding some of it because he was food-insecure from his previous home. I'm not a violent person, but people who mistreat animals... it's better left unsaid. :mad:

I know how you feel. Stories like that put me in a rage like little else can. I think every single person who has ever been adopted by a critter from a sad home knows the feeling. And we all wish that ppl would educate themselves before bringing home a new companion. Esp. if said companion is loud, messy, extremely intelligent and emotional, and lives a very long time.

Well, that's pretty cool -- they stash food! Thanks for the info.

The food-caching reminds me of a kind of sad parrot rescue story. One lady on a bird group I belong to adopted a macaw who had come from a neglectful home. Apparently being fed was optional to the original owner. She was happy that he wasn't picky and ate everything she offered him. Then she discovered that he was hiding some of his food under his wings.

Wow, that is sad, never heard anything like that or knew they could do that........

Birds are very smart, smarter than most other animals & some ppl........

We hit 105 yesterday, some places 107-some of my plants took a hit.:(

Today is beautiful... Nice cool morning breezes & only 80's .:)

Prob going to go paddle around a small local river & take some picts of whatever shows up..

We hit 105 yesterday, some places 107-some of my plants took a hit.:(

Today is beautiful... Nice cool morning breezes & only 80's .:)

Prob going to go paddle around a small local river & take some picts of whatever shows up..

I had no idea it got that hot there. Is that typical?

Goldenrod is blooming here. The fireweed blossoms are approaching the tops of their stalks. The insects are singing their end-of-the-good-times songs in the grass and meadow. And another sign that fall is on the way, my daughter spent today with her helper getting her classroom set up. School starts there in less than three weeks!

o5iArgE.jpg

Goldenrod is blooming here. The fireweed blossoms are approaching the tops of their stalks. The insects are singing their end-of-the-good-times songs in the grass and meadow. And another sign that fall is on the way, my daughter spent today with her helper getting her classroom set up. School starts there in less than three weeks!

o5iArgE.jpg
What a great classroom. She’s spent a lot of money on her room. Thank her, I truly appreciate teachers.

o5iArgE.jpg

Cool, what grade?? looks like a nice & neat classroom..

What a great classroom. She’s spent a lot of money on her room. Thank her, I truly appreciate teachers.

I will! You're right, she's spent a lot of her own money.... you can't see all the toys and activity stations she's set up in this pic. The windows are really nice and give the room, which is huge, a nice open light feel. It makes me nervous though because the parking lot is on the street right by the door into her room. She keeps the door locked but still.... all those windows. And too many crazies with guns. I try not to think about it.

I will! You're right, she's spent a lot of her own money.... you can't see all the toys and activity stations she's set up in this pic. The windows are really nice and give the room, which is huge, a nice open light feel. It makes me nervous though because the parking lot is on the street right by the door into her room. She keeps the door locked but still.... all those windows. And too many crazies with guns. I try not to think about it.
Bless your heart, it’s really unfortunate the thought has to cross your mind, isn’t it.

Back