Amazon Tavern

Yuck! I don't know if Boones is still around or not.

You know they say kids have a better sense of taste than adults but if you look @ the crap they like/eat how can this be true??

While some foods tasted better, especially sweets, we ate junk & drank it as well.:rofl2:

You know they say kids have a better sense of taste than adults but if you look @ the crap they like/eat how can this be true??

While some foods tasted better, especially sweets, we ate junk & drank it as well.:rofl2:

I have a grandson that pretty much lived on chicken nuggets for a while.

No, they have lacking palates. It isn't till you get older that you develop your bitter sense of taste. Brussel Sprouts are amazing but you can't convince a kid very often.

I have a grandson that pretty much lived on chicken nuggets for a while.

yea, they go through those phases........

My kids ate tons of top ramen & cereal-4 kids we went through 6-7 gallons of milk a week 3 girls & 1 boy..

By the time he was around 16 he would come home & eat a couple bowls of cereal while his box of Mac N Cheese was cooking & after having that he might eat a can of chili- which we could buy by the cases when it was on sale.....:)

When I look back at some of the crap that my kids thought were good, I just shake my head. I know as a child I was extremely picky about food.

yea, they go through those phases........

My kids ate tons of top ramen & cereal-4 kids we went through 6-7 gallons of milk a week 3 girls & 1 boy..

By the time he was around 16 he would come home & eat a couple bowls of cereal while his box of Mac N Cheese was cooking & after having that he might eat a can of chili- which we could buy by the cases when it was on sale.....:)

It's amazing that they survived to adulthood, isn't it? I used to keep a dry erase board in the kitchen when my youngest two were still at home. We would write down stuff as we ran low, and they could also write down any special requests for stuff I should pick up at the store for them. Second-to-youngest was and still is a diverse gourmet who loves a big variety of things, including veggies. The youngest though.... not so much. Her requests were cheese pizza, chicken nuggets (she wouldn't eat my home-made ones!), some yucky drink called Yoohoo or Yahoo or something, and a particular brand of toilet paper. We used to enrage her by telling her she wouldn't need so much special TP if she didn't consume that other crap. lol She went through a vegan stage for about a year. But she dislikes most veggies so I'm not really sure how she survived. It's a miracle of youth, I guess. lol

It's amazing that they survived to adulthood, isn't it? I used to keep a dry erase board in the kitchen when my youngest two were still at home. We would write down stuff as we ran low, and they could also write down any special requests for stuff I should pick up at the store for them. Second-to-youngest was and still is a diverse gourmet who loves a big variety of things, including veggies. The youngest though.... not so much. Her requests were cheese pizza, chicken nuggets (she wouldn't eat my home-made ones!), some yucky drink called Yoohoo or Yahoo or something, and a particular brand of toilet paper. We used to enrage her by telling her she wouldn't need so much special TP if she didn't consume that other crap. lol She went through a vegan stage for about a year. But she dislikes most veggies so I'm not really sure how she survived. It's a miracle of youth, I guess. lol
Awwwww, the joys of parenthood.....lol

They had that yahoo whatever when I lived in the south-they told me how good it was & it looked like choc milk....... I spat it out first sip... Choc water is what it was.

One thing I loved doing was introducing them to new foods, which wasn't always easy & sometimes took some manipulation & coaxing....

Sometimes it was a mistake, like introducing them to shrimp, crab etc... They would hardly leave a morsel..lol

I went through a frying phase (deep fat frier) & they liked fried okra... I told them they're not suppose to like it..... THey laughed & ate it all...:(

Sometimes it was a mistake, like introducing them to shrimp, crab etc... They would hardly leave a morsel..lol

I went through a frying phase (deep fat frier) & they liked fried okra... I told them they're not suppose to like it..... THey laughed & ate it all...:(

LOL @ shrimp, crab. We should write a parent manual. Never, ever introduce expensive foods to your kids or else!

Did yours have ingenious ways to disposed of disliked foods when you/mom weren't looking? Mine had two methods.... roll them under the basement door, which was in the kitchen. We would keep the kitty downstairs at meal times because she would beg for food. So sneaky kids would roll their peas, carrots, etc. under the door, where she would eat them. Except that sometimes she didn't get them all. My younger son's method was to put unwanted stuff in his pocket, then poke a hole in his bedroom screen and push the stuff out for the dog to find in the morning.

LOL @ shrimp, crab. We should write a parent manual. Never, ever introduce expensive foods to your kids or else!

Did yours have ingenious ways to disposed of disliked foods when you/mom weren't looking? Mine had two methods.... roll them under the basement door, which was in the kitchen. We would keep the kitty downstairs at meal times because she would beg for food. So sneaky kids would roll their peas, carrots, etc. under the door, where she would eat them. Except that sometimes she didn't get them all. My younger son's method was to put unwanted stuff in his pocket, then poke a hole in his bedroom screen and push the stuff out for the dog to find in the morning.

We were lucky my,Dad was a food broker,so he always brought home lots of samples like lobster tails,filet mignon,cases of canned spaghetti,ravioli,stuff like that.

We were lucky my,Dad was a food broker,so he always brought home lots of samples like lobster tails,filet mignon,cases of canned spaghetti,ravioli,stuff like that.

How sweet! My dad was a chemist for Monsanto so he brought home AstroTurf, Round-Up, and other icky things. lol

My kids never did that~~~~~ or did they :thinking: lol I'll have to ask..

lol, when is the last time you had a can of spaghetti????

I bought some for my grandkids & my grandson would not touch it (he had it before & hated the mushy texture & I tried it & I couldn't blame him)...

My granddaughter was barely two, & she gobbled it down as it was sweet..

Awesome, case of filet Mignon...........:)

lol, when is the last time you had a can of spaghetti????

I bought some for my grandkids & my grandson would not touch it (he had it before & hated the mushy texture & I tried it & I couldn't blame him)...

My granddaughter was barely two, & she gobbled it down as it was sweet..

Awesome, case of filet Mignon...........:)

I use to cut up hot dogs,then pour the spaghetti on top and cook it slow to get the sauce cooked into the hot dogs

Back