Amazon Tavern

I use to cut up hot dogs,then pour the spaghetti on top and cook it slow to get the sauce cooked into the hot dogs

You porb ate fried baloney then to...:) lol

We never put it in a pan, only microwave... Less dishes to wash.....

My kids loved those Spaghetti-Os and canned ravioli and other Puke-in-a-Can stuff when they were old enough to have their own money to buy stuff they wanted. I wouldn't buy it for them before then. Mean old mom. lol

We wouldn't buy pasty pasta in a can either... We told the kids just have left over spaghetti...:)

I would make it sometimes w/ a can of chili & even a can of corn sometimes for something a bit different.....

No, oddly, it looked like ordinary ring baloney.

I think pickled baloney might have been considered a real treat while my father was growing up during the Great Depression.

Yes, prob then..

I was partially raised by grandparents who went through the depression in Canada.. Thus the fried baloney.. My parents did as well & no food went to waste..

Yes, prob then..
I was partially raised by grandparents who went through the depression in Canada.. Thus the fried baloney.. My parents did as well & no food went to waste..

Oh no, never. My mom said that they ate a lot of organ meats, if they had meat at all, in the Depression. Same with my dad's family. He loved the stuff; she loathed it.

Did you parents pass away when you were young, Bill?

Hey, it's life, I wish things could have been different but that isn't the case. My life has certainly been awesome/blessed by most standards & have awesome children & grandchildren.:)

You haven't let that tragedy affect the rest of your life. I enjoy your positive attitude and optimistic spirit very much.

Back