Amazon Tavern

It was on the sidewalk of our rental, near the gardens. We did see another one that big that was yellow -- must be your banana slug? They're not toxic or anything, are they?

The water in the other photo is the small boat harbor in Sitka Sound, so ocean water.

Not toxic, but can be very sticky if you happen to step on it..

Slugs, snails can't deal w/ salt, thats why I was asking..

Kids here dump salt on them to kill them in the back yard

Is that a fancy emergency toilet paper roll dispenser??? lol

You paddle & have peddles?

LOL. No, it's a retractable clothesline which, per a youtube video, I pulled out most of the line and replaced it with 550 paracord, the orange line running to the anchor in the second photo.

Carbon-fiber paddles. Peddles would be nice but too much weight.

A 3-5 footer is nothing. They'll run unless cornered or attacked. Even up to 10 feet most won't attack an adult although they've been known to take dogs right off an owner's leash or toddlers wading in the water.

Wow, I didn't know cottonmouths climbed trees. Copperheads are the most common around here, but we have our share of water moccasins/cottonmouths and rattlesnakes.

Mr. Owl's sister and family moved down to Houma, LA a couple of years ago. Their house sits on a large pond/shallow lake. It has at least one resident gator that looks to be 8-10 ft long from the pics she's posted. I asked her once if they named him yet and she said no, they were still trying to think of something good. I suggested calling him "Oh SHIT." lol

Snakes are cool and don't scare me. Gators -- yikes!

Not toxic, but can be very sticky if you happen to step on it..

Slugs, snails can't deal w/ salt, thats why I was asking..

Kids here dump salt on them to kill them in the back yard

DhDz7Ma.jpg

LOL. No, it's a retractable clothesline which, per a youtube video, I pulled out most of the line and replaced it with 550 paracord, the orange line running to the anchor in the second photo.

Carbon-fiber paddles. Peddles would be nice but too much weight.

LOL...

I have two carb paddles but always go back to my 30 year old fiberglass... Heavier but :dunno:

Yes, they are nice paddles..

Where you fishing @?? how long you been paddling??

Mostly Lake Texoma, Texas side, but also the cleaner reservoirs in the DFW area such as Eagle Mountain Lake and Lake Ray Hubbard.

Over 10 years. My ex introduced me and I enjoy it. I love sailing and taught her, but kayaking is easier, cheaper and easier to store. I have a 13' sailboat but plan to sell it this spring since I rarely use it.

Mostly Lake Texoma, Texas side, but also the cleaner reservoirs in the DFW area such as Eagle Mountain Lake and Lake Ray Hubbard.

Over 10 years. My ex introduced me and I enjoy it. I love sailing and taught her, but kayaking is easier, cheaper and easier to store. I have a 13' sailboat but plan to sell it this spring since I rarely use it.

Yea, I have an old van I just keep it in, in the garage...

I have been thinking of getting a paddle board as well, but nothing will replace my kayak..

Yea, I have an old van I just keep it in, in the garage...

I have been thinking of getting a paddle board as well, but nothing will replace my kayak..

Have you ever sailed? There are sailboats, such as a Sunfish, that are about the same size as a paddle board. Obviously a sailboat needs more open water.

Have you ever sailed? There are sailboats, such as a Sunfish, that are about the same size as a paddle board. Obviously a sailboat needs more open water.

Yes, I have seen them, I use to have a windSurf as well.........

When I go out now, most of the time I am taking picts as well but sometimes we'll do 10-12 miles..

Good evening or is it still the crack of noon...??

Was disappointed the other thread was closed...

Whatever children that were acting badly should just be removed but I guess @ some point you just gotta drop the hammer...........

A good fat healthy FUCK YOU to those immatures that brought it about......

Good evening or is it still the crack of noon...??

Was disappointed the other thread was closed...

Whatever children that were acting badly should just be removed but I guess @ some point you just gotta drop the hammer...........

A good fat healthy FUCK YOU to those immatures that brought it about......

Hey, I resemble that remark. lol

Yeah, too bad. But I'm not going to let someone sit there and made nasty comments about me, because it's yet another thumb-sucking safe house where she thinks I won't respond in kind. I see EE made her another TSSH where she can dish all she wants but I can't respond because I'm thread-banned. He made me one too. I declined. I don't need to hide behind someone else like Toxic does. That's what chickenshits do.

Grumpy has just created Tops General Store,proving once again as we already knew
He is Top's bitch his balls hanging from her rearview mirror!I wonder what his vet buddies would think that he has become a twat!
A gutless wonder!
His supposed friends Top and RB started shit on his General Store.But when Owl and Mason
Responded,he closed up,and crawls back to Top!
I warned Owl not to trust the cocksucker!
That he was playing her!

Back