Amazon Tavern

Do not shuffle your feet across the rug when the humidity is 25%, and then kiss your husband.

Oh, you were talking hypothetically? lol

lol........ It must be lower than 25%.. I think it needs to be a lot lower on synthetic or wool carpet..

When we bought our first house it was extremely cold-for us & didn't get above freezing for over a week-new carpet the kids would turn off the lights & slide-sparks coming off their feet.. I told them don't hug me, I was like a zap magnet...lol

This group is changing course to a group specializing in saying good morning and posting emojis!

An attack on TOXIC TOP despite your own OP. LOL
At the old Amazon,besides all the fighting ,back stabbing,mass reporting,sock wars.
We had one thread that everyone agreed,was an oasis.No fighting was allowed and everyone followed the keep civil rules.
That is what this thread is for.
I suspect it will fail miserably,but here goes!

lol........ It must be lower than 25%.. I think it needs to be a lot lower on synthetic or wool carpet..

When we bought our first house it was extremely cold-for us & didn't get above freezing for over a week-new carpet the kids would turn off the lights & slide-sparks coming off their feet.. I told them don't hug me, I was like a zap magnet...lol

Many things can build up a static charge. Helicopter blades tips at night light up if the conditions are right (desert is good), same for St. Elmo's Fire in airplanes. The book "Moby Dick" had a scene about St. Elmo's fire. In winter in North Texas, I'll get a shock opening the grocery store milk refrigerator wearing boots and on a linoleum floor.

Nice... All the places close by are closed & I hurt my elbow-swelled up like a softball but I just got the ok earlier today & trying to get a couple ppl to head out Friday.. SOuth of me they are not locking down & we can go out in the delta.. :)

Ouch! What are you doing for the elbow in the meantime?

Nothing I didn't already know!

Do you know this joke?

NSFW
I once asked Mason's mother, "What goes in dry, comes out wet, the longer it's in, the better it gets and when it comes out, it's limp and sags?" She said, "A teabag you nasty, nasty man!"

God, she was sooo funny! Teabagging
t15111.gif

Nice... All the places close by are closed & I hurt my elbow-swelled up like a softball but I just got the ok earlier today & trying to get a couple ppl to head out Friday.. SOuth of me they are not locking down & we can go out in the delta.. :)

Gack! What happened to it??

Many things can build up a static charge. Helicopter blades tips at night light up if the conditions are right (desert is good), same for St. Elmo's Fire in airplanes. The book "Moby Dick" had a scene about St. Elmo's fire. In winter in North Texas, I'll get a shock opening the grocery store milk refrigerator wearing boots and on a linoleum floor.

Yea, I get shocked in the store as well.. Static build up in the metal carts then ZAP...

Clay soil is also a result of the same forces....... I can turn a shovel upside down & the clay stick.. There is a very strong bond holding the tiny particles tightly together....

That's nice. How long are your kayaks?

ETA: I mean, you know, your boats. If that's okay to ask. lol

Both my fishing kayak and two-seat kayak are about 13 feet long, about 28 inches wide and under 60 lbs each. Each light enough to throw up on a car rack or in a pick-up truck.

Do you kayak?

That's nice. How long are your kayaks?

ETA: I mean, you know, your boats. If that's okay to ask. lol

Both my fishing kayak and two-seat kayak are about 13 feet long, about 28 inches wide and under 60 lbs each. Each light enough to throw up on a car rack or in a pick-up truck.

Do you kayak?

Was doing 800 ml of ibuprofen x 3, cut down to 800 X 2 a day rest of week & lots of icing

That works as long as you have no ill effects with it. I'm on Naproxen 500mg X2/day every day. It helps!

Any word on when your doctor offices would open? All of ours are open in rural and suburban Texas, but they make patients wait outside until their temperature is check, a limited count of how many are inside, masks are required and all the staff are gloved/masked up.

Was doing 800 ml of ibuprofen x 3, cut down to 800 X 2 a day rest of week & lots of icing

That works as long as you have no ill effects with it. I'm on Naproxen 500mg X2/day every day. It helps!

Any word on when your doctor offices would open? All of ours are open in rural and suburban Texas, but they make patients wait outside until their temperature is check, a limited count of how many are inside, masks are required and all the staff are gloved/masked up. My wife will have knee replacement surgery in a few weeks. They said she'd be given a COVID test upon entry.

Back