Amazon Tavern

Hitchcock was great with psychological thrillers.
Strangers on the Train,Marnie,Psycho(was the mother a teacher?)

I used to read Alfred Hitchcock books when I was a kid. Yes, Psycho! There was another story, "Sorry wrong number" which scared the shit out of me.

But I like all kinds of movies. Hard to find a really good one these days. The last one I saw which was pretty good was "The Upside".

Just saw a trailer for a summer movie I want to see, The Art of Racing in the Race -- the star is a Golden Retriever, of course. :D

That's hilarious!

He knew me too well.

You guys would have really liked him. He did not suffer an idiot to live unscathed. This place would have been a target-rich environment for him. lol His humor was sometimes sharp, usually self-deprecating, and occasionally would make ppl gape in shock -- especially his doctors. He had an implanted ACD -- automatic cardiac defibrillator. One of the lead wires had to be replaced surgically a year after it was installed. He told his EP doc that if she keeps messing up, pretty soon his chest would look like a bar code. lol But she got his humor, and was the only one of his physicians to call me after his passing and tell me how sorry she was.

I used to read Alfred Hitchcock books when I was a kid. Yes, Psycho! There was another story, "Sorry wrong number" which scared the shit out of me.

But I like all kinds of movies. Hard to find a really good one these days. The last one I saw which was pretty good was "The Upside".

Just saw a trailer for a summer movie I want to see, The Art of Racing in the Race -- the star is a Golden Retriever, of course. :D

That Shirley Jackson story about the Sorry Wrong Number? That thing was scary as hell!!!

He knew me too well.

You guys would have really liked him. He did not suffer an idiot to live unscathed. This place would have been a target-rich environment for him. lol His humor was sometimes sharp, usually self-deprecating, and occasionally would make ppl gape in shock -- especially his doctors. He had an implanted ACD -- automatic cardiac defibrillator. One of the lead wires had to be replaced surgically a year after it was installed. He told his EP doc that if she keeps messing up, pretty soon his chest would look like a bar code. lol But she got his humor, and was the only one of his physicians to call me after his passing and tell me how sorry she was.
Sounds like he was a real comedian. So sorry for your loss.....

Sounds like he was a real comedian. So sorry for your loss.....

Aw thanks, girl. He asked me to marry him knowing that he was "on an accelerated agenda," as he put it. He had severe heart disease and was disabled because of it. We went into it with our eyes open. I don't regret a thing and would do it all over again if life came with a rewind button. He taught me to be strong and to carry on. And that led to eventually meeting and marrying Mr. Owl, who also makes my heart sing. :~)

OMG NO!!! Mr. Owl saw it at the movie theater, last year I think. He had to go alone. He's much braver than I am.
I fell asleep. There are some Stephen King movies that don’t translate well to film. “It” was one of those.

So you probably haven’t seen my favorite, “Killer Klowns from Outer Space”.

I saw the movie,Sorry Wrong Number with Barbara Stanwyck!

I fell asleep. There are some Stephen King movies that don’t translate well to film. “It” was one of those.

So you probably haven’t seen my favorite, “Killer Klowns from Outer Space”.

LMAO -- NO! Although I recall that it's supposed to be a campy sci-fi thing and not really scary? Mr. Owl has seen it, but he's absorbed in reading some mathematical stuff right now so I will not disturb him.

My favorite King book is by far "The Stand." Have you read it? Seen the movie version?

Aw thanks, girl. He asked me to marry him knowing that he was "on an accelerated agenda," as he put it. He had severe heart disease and was disabled because of it. We went into it with our eyes open. I don't regret a thing and would do it all over again if life came with a rewind button. He taught me to be strong and to carry on. And that led to eventually meeting and marrying Mr. Owl, who also makes my heart sing. :~)
What a blessing to meet not one, but two, soul mates!

Mason, this is a great thread -- thanks for starting it! Nice to see that ppl from both sides can get along and talk about mutual interests! Too bad you had to ban a few but that's what it takes to make civilization possible, eh? Hence the need for prisons. lol

Back