Amazon Tavern

Wow, what an amazing place! Is the waterfall near you too? There is nothing more peaceful than looking out over a body of water. Do you have a boat? Do people fish and swim in the lake? That's really beautiful. Very nice.

Thanks! The entire U.P. is covered with waterfalls! Some take an arduous hike to reach but many are within the walking range of regular ppl. We do not have a boat but we do have sea kayaks and have explored the coastline in them. Fishing is a big sport thing here but if you want to fish in Gichigamiing you need a boat capable of getting away out from the shore. Some folks swim in the Lake but even in August it's very, very cold.

Is it "Ma"? I want to see that!!

Yeah. That was it. My granddaughter and her Mom said they wanted to go see it Friday night, so we went. It was a little slow for the first half. I don't want to spoil it for you, but this black girl in a mostly white school is sexually humiliated. 30 years go by, and she ingratiates herself with the children (who are now High Schoolers) of those who humiliated her.
Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers) is in it.

Yeah. That was it. My granddaughter and her Mom said they wanted to go see it Friday night, so we went. It was a little slow for the first half. I don't want to spoil it for you, but this black girl in a mostly white school is sexually humiliated. 30 years go by, and she ingratiates herself with the children (who are now High Schoolers) of those who humiliated her.
Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers) is in it.
Damn, why did you tell me that!?

Was it any good?

Thanks! The entire U.P. is covered with waterfalls! Some take an arduous hike to reach but many are within the walking range of regular ppl. We do not have a boat but we do have sea kayaks and have explored the coastline in them. Fishing is a big sport thing here but if you want to fish in Gichigamiing you need a boat capable of getting away out from the shore. Some folks swim in the Lake but even in August it's very, very cold.
What does U.P. stand for? I assume you are in walking distance of the Lake. That is cool....does anyone fish from the shore?

Damn, why did you tell me that!?

Was it any good?

I just wanted to give you the basic premise. I won't give away the twists, turns, gore, terror, that a bullied girl may exact on her former classmates and their children, or ... The Ending!

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Keep in mind I've seen quite a few 'scary' movies, so it takes a bit to put a chill up Jack's back.

Have you seen 'Get Out'? I'd give that a 10. Funny AND scary. It's probably out on DVD.

I just wanted to give you the basic premise. I won't give away the twists, turns, gore, terror, that a bullied girl may exact on her former classmates and their children, or ... The Ending!

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Keep in mind I've seen quite a few 'scary' movies, so it takes a bit to put a chill up Jack's back.

Have you seen 'Get Out'? I'd give that a 10. Funny AND scary. It's probably out on DVD.
Awesome! Yes, I saw "Get Out" a long time ago -- great one, very freaky.

Can't wait to see this one.

Did you see a movie called "Frailty" many years ago?

Have you seen Ladies of Leisure?

What does U.P. stand for? I assume you are in walking distance of the Lake. That is cool....does anyone fish from the shore?

U.P. = Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The Lake is about half a mile away but it's down a series of steep drop-offs. You could probably get down that way but getting back up would be a problem. I've never seen anyone fish from shore. It's pretty shallow there.

Awesome! Yes, I saw "Get Out" a long time ago -- great one, very freaky.

Can't wait to see this one.

Did you see a movie called "Frailty" many years ago?

No. My granddaughter (11) seems to like the 'scary' movies. I like taking her to Movies and sitting there eating popcorn and drinking cokes. But, she just got some braces (and her hair is now purple) and she can't eat popcorn anymore, so ... ?

Yes, Lake Superior. If you click on my JPP profile I have a link to a photo album.

My opinion is that there is real magic in lakes.
And the Great Lakes particularly. They are mind-blowing!

On my bucket list: Lake Baikal in southern Siberia.

“A lake is a landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.”

― Henry David Thoreau, Walden Pond

Last edited:
Amazon-A-Logo.jpg

My opinion is that there is real magic in lakes.
And the Great Lakes particularly. They are mind-blowing!

On my bucket list: Lake Baikal in southern Siberia.

Wouldn't that be awesome? There is something about large bodies of water, as well as running brooks over rocks. Maybe because we're 70% water ourselves?

Wouldn't that be awesome? There is something about large bodies of water, as well as running brooks over rocks. Maybe because we're 70% water ourselves?

Too right you are.

I think we all may have some primordial memory or instinct embedded in our DNA about being embraced by water - having evolved from the ocean in the primeval past.

Back