Amazon Tavern

I never knew Barbara Stanwyck was such a vamp. :)

Most didn't,she had a terrible child hood,mother hit by a bus at three,father disappeared three weeks later.
Her older sister paid families to let her sleep on their couches till 14.
At 14 Barbara was on her own,with a 8 th grade education!
She had a few regular jobs.
At 15 was in show business as a chorus girl!

Most didn't,she had a terrible child hood,mother hit by a bus at three,father disappeared three weeks later.
Her older sister paid families to let her sleep on their couches till 14.
At 14 Barbara was on her own,with a 8 th grade education!
She had a few regular jobs.
At 15 was in show business as a chorus girl!

You made me go look her up on wiki.
"A botched abortion at the age of 15 had resulted in complications which left Stanwyck unable to have children, according to her biographer."
"Stanwyck had a romantic affair with actor Robert Wagner, whom she met on the set of Titanic (1953). Wagner, who was 22, and Stanwyck, who was 45 at the beginning of the relationship, had a four-year romance, which is described in Wagner's memoir Pieces of My Heart (2008).[56] Stanwyck ended the relationship.[57] In the 1950s, Stanwyck reportedly also had a one-night stand with the much younger Farley Granger, which he wrote about in his autobiography Include Me Out: My Life from Goldwyn to Broadway (2007)."

Mason! Teen abortions? 45yo Stanwyck with 22yo Robert Wagner!!!
Where are the JPP Christians on this? This is shocking ... SHOCKING! I hope Cypress and Phantasmal find out you're promoting some kind of debauchery here. (clutching head in both hands) I hope they Report you to the Moderators and ... and ... you are forced to rename this place 'Mason's House of Whores'! (I can NOT believe you are trying to undermine American Womanhood by promoting Barbara Stanwyck films!?!)

You made me go look her up on wiki.
"A botched abortion at the age of 15 had resulted in complications which left Stanwyck unable to have children, according to her biographer."
"Stanwyck had a romantic affair with actor Robert Wagner, whom she met on the set of Titanic (1953). Wagner, who was 22, and Stanwyck, who was 45 at the beginning of the relationship, had a four-year romance, which is described in Wagner's memoir Pieces of My Heart (2008).[56] Stanwyck ended the relationship.[57] In the 1950s, Stanwyck reportedly also had a one-night stand with the much younger Farley Granger, which he wrote about in his autobiography Include Me Out: My Life from Goldwyn to Broadway (2007)."

Mason! Teen abortions? 45yo Stanwyck with 22yo Robert Wagner!!!
Where are the JPP Christians on this? This is shocking ... SHOCKING! I hope Cypress and Phantasmal find out you're promoting some kind of debauchery here. (clutching head in both hands) I hope they Report you to the Moderators and ... and ... you are forced to rename this place 'Mason's House of Whores'! (I can NOT believe you are trying to undermine American Womanhood by promoting Barbara Stanwyck films!?!)

Barbara also played wholesome ladies!
Like in Double Indemnity,The Strange Love of Martha Ivers,and Walk on the Wild Side!

Too right you are.

I think we all may have some primordial memory or instinct embedded in our DNA about being embraced by water - having evolved from the ocean in the primeval past.

I bet the Christian ritual of baptism has deep pagan roots for that reason, eh?

U.P. = Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The Lake is about half a mile away but it's down a series of steep drop-offs. You could probably get down that way but getting back up would be a problem. I've never seen anyone fish from shore. It's pretty shallow there.
Looks like a fascinating, picturesque place. Do people have docks on it?

Looks like a fascinating, picturesque place. Do people have docks on it?

No, the storms/waves are far too intense and would tear them apart. We do have the ore dock at the upper harbor in town, built of steel.

GYVOsf1.jpg

I don't think so

Apparently it does have pagan origins.

"Pre-Christian Religions
The practice of baptism in pagan religions seems to have been based on a belief in the purifying properties of water. In ancient Babylon, according to the Tablets of Maklu, water was important as a spiritual cleansing agent in the cult of Enke, lord of Eridu. In Egypt, the Book of Going Forth by Day contains a treatise on the baptism of newborn children, which is performed to purify them of blemishes acquired in the womb. Water, especially the Nile's cold water, which was believed to have regenerative powers, is used to baptize the dead in a ritual based on the Osiris myth. Egyptian cults also developed the idea of regeneration through water. The bath preceding initiation into the cult of Isis seems to have been more than a simple ritual purification; it was probably intended to represent symbolically the initiate's death to the life of this world by recalling Osiris' drowning in the Nile."

http://www.bible.ca/ef/topical-baptism-a-prechristian-history.htm

No, the storms/waves are far too intense and would tear them apart. We do have the ore dock at the upper harbor in town, built of steel.
I've never seen the Great lakes so I'm associating them with the 'lakes' I've seen down here. This one seems more like the ocean than any lake I'm familiar with. Very beautiful though.

I've never seen the Great lakes so I'm associating them with the 'lakes' I've seen down here. This one seems more like the ocean than any lake I'm familiar with. Very beautiful though.

They *are* somewhat like the ocean in that you can't see across to the other side, there are islands, sometimes huge waves, beaches (and beach erosion), shipwrecks, etc. No tides though.

Back