Amazon Tavern

So what happened? Obviously you survived. lol

Got stuck in a tree in a real bad spot..

A friend brought a guy that had only kayaked a few times & we had a real tight turn w/ all the flow, & you need to be in a lane to make it, anyway that fool was blocking it & afraid to move, I was to his left & couldn't hit the lane & was pushed outside into a forked tree...

Anyway I climbed out no problem but had to dive in the river & grab another kayak to be pulled out as the current was way to strong to swim against @ that oxbow in the river..

Got stuck in a tree in a real bad spot..

A friend brought a guy that had only kayaked a few times & we had a real tight turn w/ all the flow, & you need to be in a lane to make it, anyway that fool was blocking it & afraid to move, I was to his left & couldn't hit the lane & was pushed outside into a forked tree...

Anyway I climbed out no problem but had to dive in the river & grab another kayak to be pulled out as the current was way to strong to swim against @ that oxbow in the river..

Damn, adrenaline time! Glad you guys made it out okay. Was the rest of your trip okay? Swift stream kayaking is something else for sure. You've never been tempted to try it again?

Hello. My name is Owl, and I am a bead-a-holic. lol

Seriously, I have the equivalent of an average-sized bead store upstairs, all nicely organized and labeled. lol Most of it was bought on-line! I hear you about on-line shopping.

Did you ever have the UPS guy come and hand you a package and think to yourself "Oh lord, WTF did I order this time?" :laugh:
Crafty, huh?

Yes, got an email today saying I'll have a delivery and had to stop and remember what I'd ordered.

On vacation I got to eat what I want, since I dieted a bit beforehand. I needed the carbs to get up as early as 6:00, to get on the road again. That, and caffeine were needed. The best part was the truffled sheep's cheese. I'm just sad they confiscated my exotic Soursop fruit at the border. Should have eaten it instead of some of the baked goods.
To me, sugar is poison. I'm a low-carb, keto, cauliflower queen. Once I got sugar out of my system, never wanted that addiction again. It keeps the cycle of hunger going. I feel so much better being off that stuff. I do miss fruit, though.

Damn, adrenaline time! Glad you guys made it out okay. Was the rest of your trip okay? Swift stream kayaking is something else for sure. You've never been tempted to try it again?

I went ok, got my kayak back etc.. It was cold though (for us, high of 61, water prob upper 30's)....

My friend asked me how I was feeling (to see if I was in shock or anything) & I yelled I'm pissed, he got a slight smile on his face & pushed the kayak out so I could dive over to it..

To me, sugar is poison. I'm a low-carb, keto, cauliflower queen. Once I got sugar out of my system, never wanted that addiction again. It keeps the cycle of hunger going. I feel so much better being off that stuff. I do miss fruit, though.

Low carb is great, but I think people need some good grains, and fruits. Many still fit under the keto guidelines. It's the processed sugars, and carbs that are good to get rid of, or limit though. I went for about 3 weeks, on basically a no carb diet, to get rid of candida, and never want to do that again. I did keep to low carb for awhile after though. My current predicament doesn't give me much choice in eating. I have to worry about fat the most. I eat a good bit of fat, without some filler grains, and I'll have what I will call choleretic issues.

Low carb is great, but I think people need some good grains, and fruits. Many still fit under the keto guidelines. It's the processed sugars, and carbs that are good to get rid of, or limit though. I went for about 3 weeks, on basically a no carb diet, to get rid of candida, and never want to do that again. I did keep to low carb for awhile after though. My current predicament doesn't give me much choice in eating. I have to worry about fat the most. I eat a good bit of fat, without some filler grains, and I'll have what I will call choleretic issues.

Did the no-carb diet make you sick? No energy? What happened?

Hello. My name is Owl, and I am a bead-a-holic. lol

Seriously, I have the equivalent of an average-sized bead store upstairs, all nicely organized and labeled. lol Most of it was bought on-line! I hear you about on-line shopping.

Did you ever have the UPS guy come and hand you a package and think to yourself "Oh lord, WTF did I order this time?" :laugh:

Shopping is my drug of choice lol. Anytime, any place. And re: your last sentence, it happened today. I found a package in the mailbox and that's exactly what I thought!

They'll have to pry the credit card out of my cold, dead hands. :laugh:

It's tough but once you're adapted to it, it's great.

Shopping is my drug of choice lol. Anytime, any place. And re: your last sentence, it happened today. I found a package in the mailbox and that's exactly what I thought!

They'll have to pry the credit card out of my cold, dead hands. :laugh:
Nothing like getting a package or walking out of a store with something new in the bag. It's like a rush. :D

Nothing like getting a package or walking out of a store with something new in the bag. It's like a rush. :D

It really is. Yet when I look in the closet I see lots of hanging tags on stuff I didn't even get around to wearing yet. That includes shoes and purses too.

I go on the perfume sites and order lots of samples to see what's appealing. And JTV allows you the flex pay plan so I have a permanent installment due from them.

And let's not even talk about books. :D

It really is. Yet when I look in the closet I see lots of hanging tags on stuff I didn't even get around to wearing yet. That includes shoes and purses too.

I go on the perfume sites and order lots of samples to see what's appealing. And JTV allows you the flex pay plan so I have a permanent installment due from them.

And let's not even talk about books. :D

Oh dear... books. That and beads. I'm not much for clothes or shoes or purses. Books and beads. Just bought a new bookcase last week; the others are full. Novels, field guides, crafts, beadwork, philosophy, languages, science, history, programming, cookbooks, textbooks, notebooks. And that's not counting all the e-books we both have. Or all the books we donated before we moved. Yep, addiction!

Oh dear... books. That and beads. I'm not much for clothes or shoes or purses. Books and beads. Just bought a new bookcase last week; the others are full. Novels, field guides, crafts, beadwork, philosophy, languages, science, history, programming, cookbooks, textbooks, notebooks. And that's not counting all the e-books we both have. Or all the books we donated before we moved. Yep, addiction!
I parted with books when we moved, it was very difficult, but necessary.

True, but it often ends up with having too much stuff. My Mom has nick nacks galore, and is really wanting to get rid of stuff. She has a library worth of cookbooks, inundating the laundry room. As for me, I have too much Star Wars stuff.

Candida over growth was the worse medical problem,I ever had!
Made cancer and a heart attack,seem like a walk in the park!
They gave me two rounds of Diflucan!
FYI candida hates garlic!

Back