Amazon Tavern

Glad you are very happy.:) Most ppl are not. I would open my window now but it's 95 out there, later it will be in mid 50's-break out the comforter.:)

I have turned on my air maybe 3 or 4 times.. Usually hottest part of the day I escape, working, but 81, 82 inside is doable this time of year, np... I try to stay acclimated..

Thank you very much! Oh, wow! I would be surprised if we got near 90°F at any time this year. I took my son to his appointment today, and it was 75°F in town. We reached home, and the temperature was already down to 67°F! Being near the ocean has tempered the extremes fairly well!

Oh, my gosh, yes! My electric bill is much lower and I don't have to pay for heat here. It's a fairly new place, so it's really well-insulated, too.

I'm so glad. I remember a time when our electric bill was $250/month and I had to choose between letting it go into arrears, or feeding the kids.

Glad you are very happy.:) Most ppl are not. I would open my window now but it's 95 out there, later it will be in mid 50's-break out the comforter.:)

I have turned on my air maybe 3 or 4 times.. Usually hottest part of the day I escape, working, but 81, 82 inside is doable this time of year, np... I try to stay acclimated..

Is it fairly dry there? Aimee and I both live in areas with a moist (ugh hate that word lol) maritime climate. It got up to 75F here today, was cloudy, but the dewpoint was also 75 and I had to go take a cool shower and sit under the ceiling fan for a while. 80F on a dry day is okay, but not on a humid one!

Thank you very much! Oh, wow! I would be surprised if we got near 90°F at any time this year. I took my son to his appointment today, and it was 75°F in town. We reached home, and the temperature was already down to 67°F! Being near the ocean has tempered the extremes fairly well!

Ah, don't you love that!? Nature's swamp cooler.

Is it fairly dry there? Aimee and I both live in areas with a moist (ugh hate that word lol) maritime climate. It got up to 75F here today, was cloudy, but the dewpoint was also 75 and I had to go take a cool shower and sit under the ceiling fan for a while. 80F on a dry day is okay, but not on a humid one!

I don't understand that dewpoint stuff!

Wow, w/ humidity ppl are prb dying there @ 90..

I'm going hiking on Thurs & hopefully friday & some elevation up to about 10,000ft & there will still be lots of snow & nice & cool breeze-nice change..

Oddly our water temps are cold year round but it seems colder there, eventhough the gulf stream is just off the coast..

Yes, very dry... I am close to the delta so it is usually 15-25% but further inland in is like a desert, like 10% so 90, especially w/ a breeze is easily doable..

I don't understand that dewpoint stuff!

It's a better measure than the humidity reading of how uncomfortable the air feels to us. From Wikipedia:

"The dew point is the temperature to which air must be cooled to become saturated with water vapor. When further cooled, the airborne water vapor will condense to form liquid water (dew). ... A higher dew point means there will be more moisture in the air."

Plus the higher the dew point and air temp, the more likely it is that you'll get rain/storms.

Oddly our water temps are cold year round but it seems colder there, eventhough the gulf stream is just off the coast..

It's the Swamp Cooler Effect, eh? Last week Superior was hanging in the upper 30s/lower 40s for water temps. "Superior sings, in the rooms of her ice-water mansion..." By September she'll be up to the upper 50s/lower 60s. I hope you enjoy your hiking! California is such an incredible state.

It's the Swamp Cooler Effect, eh? Last week Superior was hanging in the upper 30s/lower 40s for water temps. "Superior sings, in the rooms of her ice-water mansion..." By September she'll be up to the upper 50s/lower 60s. I hope you enjoy your hiking! California is such an incredible state.

Well if you like outdoors it is better when it's cooler... You can always adjust, jacket, rain gear etc....... Most of the lower foothill trails are vacant in the afternoons, even on the weekends..

Hiking around w/ full sun, hot, dry, dusty isn't as fun as it might seem..lol I haven't been out for over a month so I would die on some of those hot canyon trails now as I haven't been acclimating..

I would love to boat/kayak up there & check it out...... On the list!!! :)

Lake Superior is such a cool name for a lake. It just sounds so important or something. lol

Back