Amazon Tavern

Oh, good! I am glad to hear it! Yes, we're getting up there, aren't we? The time is just flying right by. They weren't kidding at all! Matt was just a toddler when I had started posting on Amazon. Hard to believe that he's a teenager now!

I believe you were on Amazon before me, but not too long before. I recall when you lived in your old place, among other things.

Doing pretty good, thank you. And how are you doing?
Officially in 8th. grade! We're getting old, aren't we?
My parents always told me, the older you get, the faster
the time goes. They weren't kidding, were they?

Isn't that kind of depressing? lol When you were a kid, the next Christmas seemed 100 years away. Now it's like "Oh crap, it's almost that time again."

Isn't that kind of depressing? lol When you were a kid, the next Christmas seemed 100 years away. Now it's like "Oh crap, it's almost that time again."

And when I was in my late teens and early 20's, a 45 yr. old woman was really old! Now they're pretty hot!

And when I was in my late teens and early 20's, a 45 yr. old woman was really old! Now they're pretty hot!

LMAO. Then there's that startling moment when you notice a group of old ppl sitting at a table in a restaurant, and realize that they're the same age you are.

LMAO. Then there's that startling moment when you notice a group of old ppl sitting at a table in a restaurant, and realize that they're the same age you are.

The GF and I were talking about that last week when we went to a small but really nice restaurant that the local retirees like. I told her I feel young again...not!

The GF and I were talking about that last week when we went to a small but really nice restaurant that the local retirees like. I told her I feel young again...not!

Just don't sit around talking about all your ailments, aches, and pains and who all died last week. That's when you know you're *really* old. lol

Just don't sit around talking about all your ailments, aches, and pains and who all died last week. That's when you know you're *really* old. lol

My mother is 92 and is depressed because all her longtime friends are either dead or in a nursing home.

My mother is 92 and is depressed because all her longtime friends are either dead or in a nursing home.

Aw, bless her heart. My dad passed when he was 85. He told me that the hardest thing about getting old was losing everyone you knew from your own youth.... family, friends, coworkers, entertainers, celebrities, etc.

LOL! Yes. That house wasn't insulated very well. There were some winters where I couldn't keep that house warmer than 55°F. The slum lords didn't take very good care of that place. We're in a much better place now!

Wow, I like my house cold in winter, of course that isn't cold by your standards.. Sleeping in w/ a comforter is awesome in the cold but not if you have to go to work & shower etc in it..

I imagine you get use to the cold, but that is way beyond... Paying to heat & can only crack 55....:whoa::whoa:

Wow, I like my house cold in winter, of course that isn't cold by your standards.. Sleeping in w/ a comforter is awesome in the cold but not if you have to go to work & shower etc in it..

I imagine you get use to the cold, but that is way beyond... Paying to heat & can only crack 55....:whoa::whoa:

I am the same way. I like the house to be chilly, but not so that anything near the walls freezes. LOL! My house now is usually at 65°F during the winter. I like sleeping in a cool house. The windows are wide open right now so that the afternoon breeze can come in. We've also made it this far without air conditioning!

I was never so happy to find the place we are in now. I was so afraid that my son would get sick being that cold all the time.

I am the same way. I like the house to be chilly, but not so that anything near the walls freezes. LOL! My house now is usually at 65°F during the winter. I like sleeping in a cool house. The windows are wide open right now so that the afternoon breeze can come in. We've also made it this far without air conditioning!

I was never so happy to find the place we are in now. I was so afraid that my son would get sick being that cold all the time.

I'm glad you don't have to live in that one place anymore either. Are you saving on your utility bills?

Glad you are very happy.:) Most ppl are not. I would open my window now but it's 95 out there, later it will be in mid 50's-break out the comforter.:)

I have turned on my air maybe 3 or 4 times.. Usually hottest part of the day I escape, working, but 81, 82 inside is doable this time of year, np... I try to stay acclimated..

Glad you are very happy.:) Most ppl are not. I would open my window now but it's 95 out there, later it will be in mid 50's-break out the comforter.:)

I have turned on my air maybe 3 or 4 times.. Usually hottest part of the day I escape, working, but 81, 82 inside is doable this time of year, np... I try to stay acclimated..

We haven't had to turn on the AC yet!Humidity is starting to come around which is the curse of Ohio

Back