APP - America is fat

One of the funniest scenes in Ghost Hunters is when they were driving into Estes and saw the Elk on people's lawns and were asking, "Who do they belong to? Why aren't there any fences?"...

LMAO... never seen the show, but that is funny... I am guessing the ghost hunters aren't from around the mountain west?

You would love Alaska! I was also in northern Cali and they seem to do a good deal of cycling there. Wine country would be beautiful to travel through!
I'm sure it would. Though riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall is as spectacular as it gets. The tail of the dragon would be a great ride too if the damned motorcycle weenies would get out of your way in descents. The nice thing about riding in the midwest, particularly Ohio is that every tertiary backwoods road is paved so you can get out of traffic and enjoy riding on descent roads. One with berms where you can get away from traffic and enjoy the ride. There's a lot to be said for that.

It is amazing out there... if you come back, go up to Estes Park and drive up to the visitor center of Rocky Mountain National Park. Also absolutely beautiful there... and one of my favorite bike rides. About 5000 ft of climbing over 20 miles. You don't go very fast, but with the scenery, you really don't want to.

You want to do some serious bike riding and view some spectacular scenery, head out to the Western Slope and ride the Colorado National Monument. Just don't ride too close to the edge. And when you get to the top, make sure you get off and take a peek over the edge of Cold Shivers Point.

You want to do some serious bike riding and view some spectacular scenery, head out to the Western Slope and ride the Colorado National Monument. Just don't ride too close to the edge. And when you get to the top, make sure you get off and take a peek over the edge of Cold Shivers Point.
One of the coolest well-traveled motorcycle rides is I-70 leaving Grand Junction. Spectacular views.

Been all over the Western part of the state thanks to Ride the Rockies, but never made it to the Grand Junction area specifically. Might just have to make it a point to do so next year.

Look into Ride the Rockies. The route changes every year, so find one you like and sign up. You have to have your group picked in the lottery in order to participate, but I have the secret to that.... the ride breakdown is about 75% guys 25% women. Put a woman in your group and you always get 'picked'.

It is usually a 6 or 7 day ride covering about 400-450 miles. Totally awesome experience. The mountain town residents provide awesome support.
I've always wanted to do a ride like that or GOBA or RAGBRAI. You should come out here and do TOSRV. Ever been in a 500 rider pace line? LOL It's an easy ride by enthusiast standards about a 3 to 5 on a scale of 1 -10 with 10 being the hardest but the comraderie and the pace lines are awesome.

You guys are getting my travel bug up. I'd love to hike Denali.

Everyone says watch out for the bears... while that is true... also watch out for those crazy ass moose. We were hiking a trail and had to stop for about an hour as a friggin moose stood blocking the trail while its kid was playin near by. Thing was friggin HUGE.

Been all over the Western part of the state thanks to Ride the Rockies, but never made it to the Grand Junction area specifically. Might just have to make it a point to do so next year.

If you've ever seen the movie American Flyers, they filmed a portion of the race in that movie on the Monument. You've got switchback after switchback. You climb probably 2500-3000 ft in a mile or two, towering sandstone canyons.

If you've ever seen the movie American Flyers, they filmed a portion of the race in that movie on the Monument. You've got switchback after switchback. You climb probably 2500-3000 ft in a mile or two, towering sandstone canyons.
Another great motorcycle ride...

ok stop talking about it.... you are making me want to do it this year rather than next.... and I don't have any spare weekend left this summer/fall :D

Back