APP - America is fat

Why, Bush gets credit where credit is due. This is nice to know. I think it is a good thing.
Family bike trips are a great thing!
They can cause erosion of trails, trampling of native plants, and disturbance of other park users, such as hikers, birders and horseback riders. I can only conclude that you are an evil Republican, and probably drive a large SUV and want uninsured Americans to die while corporate fat cats get rich.

They can cause erosion of trails, trampling of native plants, and disturbance of other park users, such as hikers, birders and horseback riders. I can only conclude that you are an evil Republican, and probably drive a large SUV and want uninsured Americans to die while corporate fat cats get rich.
No, just poor uninsured Americans. I mean, geez. Get it right. And I don't care if fat cats get rich, so long as I do. Now shut up and ride your bike.

You have at last discovered my alter ego!

Colorado killed me! I did manage to make it to Verde Mesa to see the cliff dwellings. I was so proud of myself.

Just thought I would add that little bit of froggie info!

It is amazing out there... if you come back, go up to Estes Park and drive up to the visitor center of Rocky Mountain National Park. Also absolutely beautiful there... and one of my favorite bike rides. About 5000 ft of climbing over 20 miles. You don't go very fast, but with the scenery, you really don't want to.

Climbing used to be my strong suit. I was also a fairly desent trime trialist by amature standards. I could do a 40K TT in around an hour but it's been 10 years since I raced. I'm working on it though. The commuting to work has been helping me a lot.

Thats a pretty good clip... roughly 26 mph or so???

and here you acted all '28 is fast'... friggin tryin to shark me.

It is amazing out there... if you come back, go up to Estes Park and drive up to the visitor center of Rocky Mountain National Park. Also absolutely beautiful there... and one of my favorite bike rides. About 5000 ft of climbing over 20 miles. You don't go very fast, but with the scenery, you really don't want to.

I am not sure I could bike out there. I would keep wreckiing from rubbernecking at the scenery. Kinda like why I kept falling down on some of the FL beaches.

I'd love to go to CO or UT or NM and do some riding. My cycling buddies who've gone out west have raved about them. Gorgeous scenery combined with truely technical riding.

Look into Ride the Rockies. The route changes every year, so find one you like and sign up. You have to have your group picked in the lottery in order to participate, but I have the secret to that.... the ride breakdown is about 75% guys 25% women. Put a woman in your group and you always get 'picked'.

It is usually a 6 or 7 day ride covering about 400-450 miles. Totally awesome experience. The mountain town residents provide awesome support.

I have been to Estes, it is like an emerald in the mountains!

You would love Alaska! I was also in northern Cali and they seem to do a good deal of cycling there. Wine country would be beautiful to travel through!

Alaska is awesome. We took the train up to Denali and also the other train down to Seward. Unbelievable. Highly recommend people visit AK... unless you hate nature... cause then it just wouldn't matter.

Alaska is awesome. We took the train up to Denali and also the other train down to Seward. Unbelievable. Highly recommend people visit AK... unless you hate nature... cause then it just wouldn't matter.

You are right, they don't come here for the shopping or entertainment!

We have the Beach Boys and CCR coming for the State Fair!

I liked the Gunnison area of Colorado very well.
And the road back thru the mountains to Cripple creek from Gunnison was great.

One of the funniest scenes in Ghost Hunters is when they were driving into Estes and saw the Elk on people's lawns and were asking, "Who do they belong to? Why aren't there any fences?"...

Yes, we drove and it was awhile ago, but I remember the lake!!!!

I was just on Grand Lake this weekend. 75 and sunny went to MASSIVE thunderstorm and hail and then back to 75 and sunny in the span of about an hour. Naturally we were about the farthest from the docks that we could be when the hail storm hit. Nothing like being on a pontoon boat in the middle of a hail storm. FUN TIMES!!! :)

I liked the Gunnison area of Colorado very well.
And the road back thru the mountains to Cripple creek from Gunnison was great.

We drove from Durango to Gunnison, beautiful, but not a trip I would want to make in the winter! Son use to go boarding and it would scare me knowing he was driving those roads!

Back