And were off!

Boise state will NOT be in the NC game. Are you kidding me, VT is no 10? Tyrod Taylor is not Mike Vic Junior. He's not even a good QB.
As for UNC, they were ranked higher than LSU. I didn't hear about any offensive players missing and we killed their offense with our first team D. LSU will be higher than 21 in both polls when they come out.

Boise state will NOT be in the NC game. Are you kidding me, VT is no 10? Tyrod Taylor is not Mike Vic Junior. He's not even a good QB.
As for UNC, they were ranked higher than LSU. I didn't hear about any offensive players missing and we killed their offense with our first team D. LSU will be higher than 21 in both polls when they come out.

If Boise finishes the season undefeated, they will be in the big game. The only way they won't is if Bama and OSU run the tables undefeated.

I was impressed with the agressive defense in the first half. Some big bruisers on their D line.

What bothers me is that these guys play a two game season, and will probably play for the NC. Bama beat VT (with more talent) last year in a much more convincing way, but we still hear all that "You got lucky last year" bullshit.

I would love to see Bama play Boise for the NC.
Who wouldn't you want to see Bama play for the NC? LOL

Ehhh..I kind of saw it like the Purdue/ND game. Two mediocre teams playing each other. :pke:

I'm not buying the BS boise is selling. VT several more losses will prove too little help in boise's pathetic strength of schedule number at seasons end.
I was impressed by the Irish showing a tad of speed on D.

I'd rather see an udefeated Bama osu match-up then have boise in it.
I'd like to see that too. As good as I think the Bucks will be this year I think the Big 10 is just to tough this year to have realistic expectations of them going undefeated. I'm more focused on us winning a 6th Big 10 championship in a row and setting the conference record. If we do that and land in the NCG, sweet, if not, it will still be sweet.

And Boise State won what was essentially a VT home game. VT is now done in their hunt for the National Championship and Boise State has proven they can be a top ten team on the road. Had the game been in Boise VT would not have been as close. BSU has Wyoming next week and Oregon State at home. If they win those two, they go undefeated again.

And yet none of you that talk smack about BSU have teams with the balls to agree to play BSU in Boise, NOT ONE. You all talk shit about how great your teams looked this weekend, and with the exception of LSU NONE of your teams played a team that had a chance to beat them. NOT ONE.

OSU looked great.... against MARSHALL
But so did Miami..... AGAINST FAMU?
Florida won but just barely against one of the weakest teams in the MAC.... No weeper... no surprise

Penn State surprised everyone by starting a true Freshman at QB and came up smelling like roses.

Alabama certainly missed Ingraham as Richardson did not impress. Though that didn't matter. They found someone else to get the job done..... Someone obviously didn't watch the game...

Notre Dame beat Purdue and managed not to impress anyone at the same time.

Michigan appears to be back. They looked scary good on offense but weren't that impressive on defense.... we keep hearing this... every year... they played UCONN... call us when they play someone real.

LSWho sucked. They should have stomped UNC who literally had their starting line up on the bench.... if you can have an embarrassing win.... THIS was it.

John Clay is a stud. Wisconsin romped out west... Against a pathetically weak UNLV team.

Oklahoma is over rated, so too is TX

Boise State had a good win... and now have no real threat to being undefeated.

Huskers played WKU... so withholding opinions for now... (see Michigan)

boise might win the NC game, I just don't believe they deserve to go ahead of a 1 loss big 12 or SEC champion.
They would lose 2 in either of those conferencese year in and year out.

boise might win the NC game, I just don't believe they deserve to go ahead of a 1 loss big 12 or SEC champion.

most likely, but at the same time, the Boise State's of the football world also get shafted regularly when they DO deserve to be in a BCS game over a weak ass team from the Pac 10, Big 10 etc...

If you are going to have automatic bids for the big boys... then when an undefeated little guy comes into the picture, they get the shot over the teams that lost during the regular season. Don't like it.... get a playoff...

And yet none of you that talk smack about BSU have teams with the balls to agree to play BSU in Boise, NOT ONE. You all talk shit about how great your teams looked this weekend, and with the exception of LSU NONE of your teams played a team that had a chance to beat them. NOT ONE.

The last two years we have started the season off playing a higher ranked, nonconference team. This year we give a little team a payday, and you wanna talk smack? Bama has played a quality nonconference team every year.

And Boise State won what was essentially a VT home game. VT is now done in their hunt for the National Championship and Boise State has proven they can be a top ten team on the road. Had the game been in Boise VT would not have been as close. BSU has Wyoming next week and Oregon State at home. If they win those two, they go undefeated again.

That is the essence of why people talk shit about Boise. If you can win 3 games and assume you will be undefeated, your schedule is weak.

most likely, but at the same time, the Boise State's of the football world also get shafted regularly when they DO deserve to be in a BCS game over a weak ass team from the Pac 10, Big 10 etc...

If you are going to have automatic bids for the big boys... then when an undefeated little guy comes into the picture, they get the shot over the teams that lost during the regular season. Don't like it.... get a playoff...

I don't like it, now how the hell do we get a playoff?

(actually, I just want a playoff)

I don't like it, now how the hell do we get a playoff?

(actually, I just want a playoff)

I wish I knew the answer.... because it needs to happen. I am sick of this BCS crap.

Coaches and especially sportswriters should NOT decide the title. The players should.

Look at Boise State... THIS year, they start out ranked high enough that they should be able to maintain a spot in the title game if they go undefeated. But otherwise, it is all about PRESEASON rankings. Because if the Big 10 gets 5 teams in the top 25 every year (no matter how consistently they suck on the whole) then their strength of schedule will beat out the Boise States every year.

Back