And were off!

That is the essence of why people talk shit about Boise. If you can win 3 games and assume you will be undefeated, your schedule is weak.

True.... but it is also true that it isn't their fault their conference is weak. They have to be INVITED to play in the bigger conferences and they are at the mercy of the bigger conference schools to 'allow' them the 'opportunity' to face them in non-conference games.

I think the BCS works great.

To sf, if someone like Idaho or Wyoming goes undefeated by beating schools like william & Mary I don't care real schools should be invited to play in the BCS. Boise should join the PAC 10 along with Utah.
Go beavers

I think the BCS works great.

To sf, if someone like Idaho or Wyoming goes undefeated by beating schools like william & Mary I don't care real schools should be invited to play in the BCS. Boise should join the PAC 10 along with Utah.
Go beavers

The BCS is a joke. You let the opinions of coaches and press decide the standings?

We need a playoff.

The BCS is a joke. You let the opinions of coaches and press decide the standings?

We need a playoff.

the bcs has served LSU just fine.

A playoff when it happens will be 8 teams in the 4 traditional BCS bowls with a plus two.
Any playoff will be formed with polls, sorry to crush you so easily

Yeah, I wish Boise would join the Pac-10. That would add a lot to the conference. Its too bad we couldn't get Oklahoma and Nebraska when we got Colorado and Utah...

And yet none of you that talk smack about BSU have teams with the balls to agree to play BSU in Boise, NOT ONE. You all talk shit about how great your teams looked this weekend, and with the exception of LSU NONE of your teams played a team that had a chance to beat them. NOT ONE.

Yes, it's totally because us fans lack balls, that our teams aren't going to Boise to play them. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact most schedules are made years in advance, and must include a certain number of conference games. If Alabama fans had any balls at all, we would have demanded that Mal Moore drop San Jose State and play Boise State instead! We've got Duke coming up in a few weeks, maybe if we grow our balls, we can get Mal to drop Duke and schedule BSU then! If we don't do that, we are completely without balls! Sochead has proclaimed it so!

What a fucking idiot, you can't even talk about football without embarrassing yourself. :palm:

True.... but it is also true that it isn't their fault their conference is weak. They have to be INVITED to play in the bigger conferences and they are at the mercy of the bigger conference schools to 'allow' them the 'opportunity' to face them in non-conference games.
Not just this. They have consistently, year in and year out invited BIG teams to come to Boise and play early in the season and NOT ONE of them has accepted because that could very easily be the end of that teams NC dream. If Boise isn't shit, or a consistent 2 loss team in the SEC then the powerhouses of the SEC shouldn't be afraid of little football in Idaho in September, but name teams have repeatedly "taken a pass" at that invite.

Yes, it's totally because us fans lack balls, that our teams aren't going to Boise to play them. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact most schedules are made years in advance, and must include a certain number of conference games. If Alabama fans had any balls at all, we would have demanded that Mal Moore drop San Jose State and play Boise State instead! We've got Duke coming up in a few weeks, maybe if we grow our balls, we can get Mal to drop Duke and schedule BSU then! If we don't do that, we are completely without balls! Sochead has proclaimed it so!

What a fucking idiot, you can't even talk about football without embarrassing yourself. :palm:
And that is what I am talking about. When Boise State has tried to set up games a season ahead big teams duck. No one wants to risk losing to Boise State when they can play Troy or Charleston. Boise asked big teams for a road game, including your mighty Bama for this year and were declined, or ducked. The Tide CHOSE SJSU because they KNEW they would beat them. They chose NOT to play BSU because that prospect was a bit more risky. ESPN did a whole spot on this last season toward the end and outed some of the elite teams that have "Declined" to play Boise State. It's not because the game would be too easy.

The last two years we have started the season off playing a higher ranked, nonconference team. This year we give a little team a payday, and you wanna talk smack? Bama has played a quality nonconference team every year.
Last year they opened vs an unranked Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome which might as well have been a home game. The year before that they played #9 Clemson in the same place, at least that game could be said to be neutral territory and they exposed Clemson 34-10. I am not even saying that Boise could be Bama, I am pretty sure it would have been a better game than the 08 Clemson game. All I am saying is eveyone wants to talk about strength of schedule but none of the elite teams are willing to play Boise, even on their home turf, let alone in Boise. So when Boise wins against a top ten team, then goes the rest of the season undefeated, then they deserve a NC shot. If the elite teams don't like it all they have to do is play Boise State early in the year and knock them out of contention.

And that is what I am talking about. When Boise State has tried to set up games a season ahead big teams duck. No one wants to risk losing to Boise State when they can play Troy or Charleston. Boise asked big teams for a road game, including your mighty Bama for this year and were declined, or ducked. The Tide CHOSE SJSU because they KNEW they would beat them. They chose NOT to play BSU because that prospect was a bit more risky. ESPN did a whole spot on this last season toward the end and outed some of the elite teams that have "Declined" to play Boise State. It's not because the game would be too easy.

Yep, the ball-lacking Alabama passed on BSU and scheduled some unheard of northern school... Pennsylvania State? Supposed to have some really good coach who is older than dirt.

And just an FYI... I wouldn't schedule Troy and expect an easy win. They are kind of like the Boise of Alabama.

I can not really tell you about how the process of scheduling at Alabama went down, but I can reasonably assure you that Alabama's coach didn't reject any offer because he was afraid his team couldn't beat them. If it makes you feel better to think that, I can understand, people tell themselves all kinds of things to feel better about their situations. The truth of the matter is, when some 'non-con' opponent agrees to come to T-town for the opportunity to play the University of Alabama, it is very often the biggest game in their school's history. The only thing that could ever make such a dream better, is to actually BEAT the Tide, so they are usually playing their little hearts out. But regardless of the ass whipping they inevitably get, they get some pretty sweet national exposure for their programs. Through most of the 70s, Bear Bryant routinely 'helped out' a few programs in the South, by scheduling a game with them... They would go on to become famous... example: Florida State.

Not just this. They have consistently, year in and year out invited BIG teams to come to Boise and play early in the season and NOT ONE of them has accepted because that could very easily be the end of that teams NC dream. If Boise isn't shit, or a consistent 2 loss team in the SEC then the powerhouses of the SEC shouldn't be afraid of little football in Idaho in September, but name teams have repeatedly "taken a pass" at that invite.

I heard a rumor that Bama was invited to play at Boise State. The problem there is that your stadium seats less than 35k people. Bama will take that many to the west coast. I am guessing that the administration foresaw a huge problem with such a small venue and opted out.

That and we had already scheduled a big name nonconference team for the year. Since 6 of the conference games are against ranked teams, one big OOC team is enough.

Last year they opened vs an unranked Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome which might as well have been a home game. The year before that they played #9 Clemson in the same place, at least that game could be said to be neutral territory and they exposed Clemson 34-10. I am not even saying that Boise could be Bama, I am pretty sure it would have been a better game than the 08 Clemson game. All I am saying is eveyone wants to talk about strength of schedule but none of the elite teams are willing to play Boise, even on their home turf, let alone in Boise. So when Boise wins against a top ten team, then goes the rest of the season undefeated, then they deserve a NC shot. If the elite teams don't like it all they have to do is play Boise State early in the year and knock them out of contention.

Unranked VT?? Where di you find that preseason poll? The 2009 AP preseason poll had them ranked #7.

No one is saying that their win isn't a good one. But strength of schedule is one of the criteria for making the NC game. Join a bigger conference, become an independent, or build a bigger stadium. But what Boise wants is to have a different set of rules.

And yet none of you that talk smack about BSU have teams with the balls to agree to play BSU in Boise, NOT ONE. You all talk shit about how great your teams looked this weekend, and with the exception of LSU NONE of your teams played a team that had a chance to beat them. NOT ONE.
True.....but that changes this weekend.

The last two years we have started the season off playing a higher ranked, nonconference team. This year we give a little team a payday, and you wanna talk smack? Bama has played a quality nonconference team every year.
There about the only SEC team not chicken shit enough to do that.

We need a playoff.
True, you can't have a national champion by proxy. That's where I disagree with a lot of my fellow Buckeyes. Their talking in Columbus that the only thing that counts is winning the BCSCG. Bull Fucker Nuts. Losing a game in your conference wouldn't matter if you won your conference and go to the National Championship tournament. We'll have one, it's just a matter of the public keeping up the pressure till we get one.

the bcs has served LSU just fine.

A playoff when it happens will be 8 teams in the 4 traditional BCS bowls with a plus two.
Any playoff will be formed with polls, sorry to crush you so easily
Bull shit. They could easily do a 16 game playoff where each conference champ gets an automatic bid and you'd still have 5 at large bids for the power conferences. The polls would be used for seeding the tournament.

Yea....Oregon State....Are they even a top 25 team?

They are way tougher than some of the other teams on their schedule.

Fresno State

New Mexico State

Toledo

Nevada

Hell, San Jose State is in the top 5 toughest teams they face. And Bama got laughed at for playing them.

they could do a 64 team tourny to but they won't.
I gurantee you it won't be more than 8.

Big ten and Pac 10 need to stop being pussies and have a conference title game like the big boys do.

Back