And were off!

doesn't matter if they beat the beavers, they will have beaten ZERO top 25 teams by the end of the year. They will be spectators to the big boy's playing.

It won't matter. If they stay undefeated they will bein the big game. The only way that will not happen is if Bama and the Buckeyes stay undefeated too.

Boise started the year at #3. They won't get dropped down unless they lose.

It won't matter. If they stay undefeated they will bein the big game. The only way that will not happen is if Bama and the Buckeyes stay undefeated too.

Boise started the year at #3. They won't get dropped down unless they lose.
Let's hope not. It doesn't have to be OSU or Bama. Just two undefeated teams from power conferences.....though it sure would be nice if it were Bama and OSU.

watch and learn, a team with Zero wins vs top 20 teams will never play for the title.
Not now not ever.

This year they will get their shot unless Bama or OSU gets thru the season undefeated.

There has been too much bitching & moaning, Boise is in the big game.

strenght of schedule is part of the equation, Boise will NOT play for a title and don't deserve to. Just like Tulane didn't, and Hawaii didn't, you cant beat utah st and claim to deserve a shot. They will be lower than third by the end of the year.

strenght of schedule is part of the equation, Boise will NOT play for a title and don't deserve to. Just like Tulane didn't, and Hawaii didn't, you cant beat utah st and claim to deserve a shot. They will be lower than third by the end of the year.

First of all, when was the last time a highly ranked team was moved down in the rankings while winning? It happens on rare occasions when they play badly, or survive a close call. But that won't happen to Boise.

Strength of schedule is PART of the equation. It won't be a big enough part to stop Boise from getting there.

Boise will be in the big game if Bama or OSU lose one. Mark my words.

Last edited:
First of all, when was the last time a highly ranked team was moved down in the rankings while winning? It happens on rare occasions when they play badly, or survive a close call. But that won't happen to Boise.

Strength of schedule is PART of the equation. It won't be a big enough part to stop Boise from getting there.

Boise will be in the big game if Bama or OSU lose one. Mark my words.

There is no way that's going to happen. Strength of schedule will play a big part in the voters minds. They will still rank a one loss OSU or Bama higher than an undefeated Boise in the polls. We're all talking about Boise now but once conference play gets started they almost become an afterthought because they don't play anyone so they get talked about less and less. If OSU or Bama loses a tough conference game to a ranked team I don't think the voters will jump Boise based on a solid win over Utah State.

I disagree with you WB, as the season progresses, you are going to see Boise start to drop, even if they remain undefeated. As teams leapfrog them by having big games against ranked opponents, it will take its toll by the end of the season. And I don't care what anybody says, the 'computer' which decides who is #1 and #2, has some parameters regarding number of butts in the seat at a potential NCG.

I disagree with you WB, as the season progresses, you are going to see Boise start to drop, even if they remain undefeated. As teams leapfrog them by having big games against ranked opponents, it will take its toll by the end of the season. And I don't care what anybody says, the 'computer' which decides who is #1 and #2, has some parameters regarding number of butts in the seat at a potential NCG.

I don't think there would ever be a problem selling out a national championship game. I think Boise and TCU sold out the Fiesta Bowl last year. Now conceivably it could affect television ratings but arguably seeing someone like a Boise in the NCG could potentially be a boom for ratings.

I'm not saying boise can't go, I don't think they will go.
James Madison beat VT by more, you can not put them in over any undefeated big conf school champion. Ie OSU & BAMA lose and undefeated TX, OK, Auburn, FL, Oregon, etc go instead.

I don't think there would ever be a problem selling out a national championship game. I think Boise and TCU sold out the Fiesta Bowl last year. Now conceivably it could affect television ratings but arguably seeing someone like a Boise in the NCG could potentially be a boom for ratings.

Almost all major bowl games are sellouts, because the sponsors will buy any remaining tickets up, just to say it was a success. The problem is the number of people in the fanbase. Boise can't compete with the Big Boys, in that regard, they are just too small. The real revenue generated from these games, is not from tickets, it's from hotels, restaurants, tourism, etc. The Sugar Bowl used to hate booking Auburn, claiming they all came to New Orleans with a clean shirt and a $20 bill, and didn't change either one!

Then, there is the pudding, where the proof resides. Take a gander at the list of BCSNCG's over the years, where are the "Cinderellas?" Oddly enough, it always seems to be two teams with relatively large regional fanbases, in rather large media markets.

Honestly, after VT lost to Sam Adams Junior College the Boise State win is not impressive. I agree with Top and Dixie, Short of Bama or OSU losing TWO games BSU is not going to the NCG, and they shouldn't.

Sam Adams a beer co beat VT worse than Boise did. Shame on them for thinking VT and Unranked Oregon st is all they needed.
It would be a slap in the face to all the BCS presidents and coaches to put a light house of the blind conference level team in the game.
We saw what mighty Hawaii could do in a BCS game. LOFL

While JoePa is always a threat, I don't think this year will be the year they knock Bama off.

Their defense couldn't stop Youngstown from scoring 2 touchdowns. Royster couldn't run against Youngstown. And their QB is a true freshman who was told he has to talk louder in the huddle while they played Youngstown.

Bama's offense is a much bigger threat than YSU. If Royster can run against YSU, he is going to have bigger problems tomorrow.

The freshman QB has a welcome waiting for him in Tuscaloosa tomorrow. And if his players couldn't hear in the huddle last week, they need to learn sign language before they stand in front of 100,000 screaming fanatics at Bryant-Denny stadium.

I meant.... I will wait to see what Joe Pa has to say about the quality of the Bama team.

This year they will get their shot unless Bama or OSU gets thru the season undefeated.

There has been too much bitching & moaning, Boise is in the big game.
I don't think so. If there are two undefeated teams from any of the 6 power conferences they will leap frog over Boise if Bama or OSU falter due to strength of schedule. If, for example, Florida goes undefeated I'm certain the'll leap frog over Boise. Boise only gets in if there is one or less undefeated team(s) from a power conference.

I'm not saying boise can't go, I don't think they will go.
James Madison beat VT by more, you can not put them in over any undefeated big conf school champion. Ie OSU & BAMA lose and undefeated TX, OK, Auburn, FL, Oregon, etc go instead.
Exactly. The only way Boise goes is if there is only 1 or no undefeated from the 6 power conferences and even then they still might be leap froged by a 1 lost Big 10 or SEC team. If there are 2 undefeated teams from any of the power conferences then no way will Boise be in the NCG.

I meant.... I will wait to see what Joe Pa has to say about the quality of the Bama team.

Did you miss his postgame interview? He was incoherently mumbling through most of it, but I think he said, "Alabama was the better team, talent-wise, size-wise, and strength-wise." and "we (PSU) were outmatched, out-played, and out-coached!"

Did you miss his postgame interview? He was incoherently mumbling through most of it, but I think he said, "Alabama was the better team, talent-wise, size-wise, and strength-wise." and "we (PSU) were outmatched, out-played, and out-coached!"
Well I can think of at least 4 times where Joe Pa out coached Nick. Saban's record against Joe Pa is 2-4. Don't ya'll get to uppity. You have to go to Happy Valley next year and find out what it's like to play in a white out in the nations largest football stadium and they will definately be out for paybacks. PSU has a young inexperienced team and I'm really impressed with their young QB and I'm thinking he'll be a better QB next year.

Well I can think of at least 4 times where Joe Pa out coached Nick. Saban's record against Joe Pa is 2-4. Don't ya'll get to uppity. You have to go to Happy Valley next year and find out what it's like to play in a white out in the nations largest football stadium and they will definately be out for paybacks. PSU has a young inexperienced team and I'm really impressed with their young QB and I'm thinking he'll be a better QB next year.

I am looking forward to that game. We will lose a few people, but we will still be loaded up.

Back