And were off!

All you guy's have is hot chicks, great climate, best herb, richest people. Ok I'm moving there I can handle the high school football. Football is more dominant down here because we don't have the options on stuff to do like you guys.

Best quote so far this season:

"I would say that's the best college football team I've ever been on the field against in all my years of college coaching, talent-wise, top to bottom. Now, I don't know if they'll win every game or not, but talent-wise and size and speed and athleticism, they're pretty phenomenal." -- San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre, on Alabama, which routed his Spartans last week. MacIntyre, 45, has spent 21 years in coaching -- 16 in college and five in the NFL

from: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1123698

Best quote so far this season:

"I would say that's the best college football team I've ever been on the field against in all my years of college coaching, talent-wise, top to bottom. Now, I don't know if they'll win every game or not, but talent-wise and size and speed and athleticism, they're pretty phenomenal." -- San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre, on Alabama, which routed his Spartans last week. MacIntyre, 45, has spent 21 years in coaching -- 16 in college and five in the NFL

from: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1123698

I think I will wait to see what Joe Pa has to say....

And no Topspin I don't hate the SEC. I lived in the South in my youth. Half my family is from the South. I love the passion people have their for college football. Me stating the facts about how the SEC schedules is not me hating on the SEC.

You were lucky to escape. Time to move on.

I think I will wait to see what Joe Pa has to say....

While JoePa is always a threat, I don't think this year will be the year they knock Bama off.

Their defense couldn't stop Youngstown from scoring 2 touchdowns. Royster couldn't run against Youngstown. And their QB is a true freshman who was told he has to talk louder in the huddle while they played Youngstown.

Bama's offense is a much bigger threat than YSU. If Royster can run against YSU, he is going to have bigger problems tomorrow.

The freshman QB has a welcome waiting for him in Tuscaloosa tomorrow. And if his players couldn't hear in the huddle last week, they need to learn sign language before they stand in front of 100,000 screaming fanatics at Bryant-Denny stadium.

Stranger things have happened. Outside of Ohio State the SEC hasn't done to well against the Big 10 in recent years. They all ready lost their first game of the year to the Big 10.

lol.. you idiots can't even count how many teams you have!
I wouldn't talk. Only two SEC schools meet the Big 10 academic standards for conference membership and Alabama is not one of them. Hell the Princeton review rates bama, Ole Miss and Miss St as Tier 2 Schools. I mean for God sakes, you're rated lower then Arkansas! LOL

I wouldn't talk. Only two SEC schools meet the Big 10 academic standards for conference membership and Alabama is not one of them. Hell the Princeton review rates bama, Ole Miss and Miss St as Tier 2 Schools. I mean for God sakes, you're rated lower then Arkansas! LOL

Last I checked, the conferences don't have a thing to do with setting academic standards, and academic standards have nothing to do with football. (Unless you want to talk about Alabama's Rhodes Scholar QB!) And speaking of Princeton, aren't the academic standards at most of those Ivy League schools higher than either conference? When is the last time an Ivy League team won a national championship in football?

But look Mott, I understand you flailing around trying to find SOMETHING to show the Big 10(+?) to be better than the SEC, you sure can't hang your hat on football records. Hell, you guys can't even get a group of decent looking cheerleaders together!

How bout that TIDE!!!!

The beast of the east has officially been tamed. Prior to saturday, Penn State had not allowed an individual to rush for over 100 yards in 117 games.

Bama's second stringer ground out 144 against them.

And the passing game looked decent as well. 5 different receivers caught passes against Linebacker U.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Ok, has anyone talked about how Boise's stock should drop now? So much for playing a "real" team.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Ug9lIejjA"]YouTube - Joe Paterno's press conference after loss to Alabama[/ame]

Jo Pa mumbles his way through a tough press conference, before going off on someone asking him about his comment that his team was out-coached. LOL

How about the stadium, Dixie? My first trip in since the expansion this summer. Is that not a beautiful place? (I hate regions bank, so I could do without those ads)

Boise is done, there strenght of schedule just took too big of a hit with VT going 0-2. Sam Madison beat VT worse than Boise did.

I am torn between wanting Oregon St to beat Boise, and wanting Boise to make it to the big game to get shown up.

doesn't matter if they beat the beavers, they will have beaten ZERO top 25 teams by the end of the year. They will be spectators to the big boy's playing.

Back