And were off!

You may still have the edge but here's a fact of life about PSU. There hard to beat and even harder to beat twice in a row.

The same can be said about Bama. But if you look at the recruiting for the last few years, we have the advantage in talent.

I am not saying it will be an easy win. But I am saying that the inexperience of the qb was not PSU's only problem last saturday.

The same can be said about Bama. But if you look at the recruiting for the last few years, we have the advantage in talent.

I am not saying it will be an easy win. But I am saying that the inexperience of the qb was not PSU's only problem last saturday.
No it wasn't. There lack of a running game was pathetic and that's a shame cause they do have a good stable of RB's so the problem is with their OL. On defense, they could use some more size and speed on the DL but theirs nothing wrong with their LB's and DB's. I'm not going to predict a winner but it should be a better game then this one was.

No it wasn't. There lack of a running game was pathetic and that's a shame cause they do have a good stable of RB's so the problem is with their OL. On defense, they could use some more size and speed on the DL but theirs nothing wrong with their LB's and DB's. I'm not going to predict a winner but it should be a better game then this one was.

I wouldn't their DBs and LBs were all that much better than their D line. McElroy ripped them for 229 yards of passing. Plus, there were far too many long runs for them to be that great.

I think Penn State will do better for the rest of the year than people think they will. I don't think they are as bad as they looked saturday. I believe Bama is as good as they looked.

Bama plays Duke this weekend in Wallace wade stadium. Wallace wade won 3 NCs as head coach of my Tde in the 1930s, and then left to be the head coach at Duke.

I'm betting Saban won't repeat that move?

Bama plays Duke this weekend in Wallace wade stadium. Wallace wade won 3 NCs as head coach of my Tde in the 1930s, and then left to be the head coach at Duke.

I'm betting Saban won't repeat that move?
I am so excited! I am going to Houston and attending the KC-Texan game on the 17th! I have been invited to the real tailgate party and we have seats in the Ford Motor box! I can hardly wait to see the big city once again! it has been over 30 years ago when I last visited! We are going to check out New Braunsfel and other towns inbetween San Antonio and Austin! I am so excited to be in the warm weather!

I am so excited! I am going to Houston and attending the KC-Texan game on the 17th! I have been invited to the real tailgate party and we have seats in the Ford Motor box! I can hardly wait to see the big city once again! it has been over 30 years ago when I last visited! We are going to check out New Braunsfel and other towns inbetween San Antonio and Austin! I am so excited to be in the warm weather!
Don't get heat stroke!

Ingram is back in fine form! And we had the opportunity to see the 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. We had 9 different receivers catch passes and used 5 different RBs.

The defense wasn't perfect was great in the redzone and crippled their passing game.

RTR!!

Ingram is back in fine form! And we had the opportunity to see the 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. We had 9 different receivers catch passes and used 5 different RBs.

The defense wasn't perfect was great in the redzone and crippled their passing game.

RTR!!
Yea we had a pretty similar game against the Bobcats. Pryor has definately impressed with his performance but just doesn't look like he's ready for the pros just yet. Though breaking the OSU passing record of 16 consecutive completions was impressive.

It's interesting to make comparisons to OSU and Bama right now. We've both played similar schedules, two mid majors and one ranked team.

Both defenses are top notch. OSU's defense is giving up about 5.7/game and Bama is giving up 6.3/game. They both have given up about the same yardage on defense with pass defense being even and OSU doing better against the rush. OSU has also done 2 better in the take away department there so slight edge to OSU on defense.

Again both offenses have been scoring machines with better than 40 pt averages. Bama has moved the ball for more yardage in both the air and ground then the Bucks but that's some what equalized in that Bama has given up twice as many penalty yards as OSU. Still, they are averaging a little more then 3 pts/game better then OSU so slight advantage Bama.

Special teams is the killer though. OSU has scored no points on special teams while having given up 21. Conversely Bama has given up no points but have scored 7. That's a 28 pt difference in special teams play and that is huge!

If Bama and OSU were to play next weekend OSU would have to improve considerably on special teams or they would lose.

Last edited:
Yea we had a pretty similar game against the Bobcats. Pryor has definately impressed with his performance but just doesn't look like he's ready for the pros just yet. Though breaking the OSU passing record of 16 consecutive completions was impressive.

It's interesting to make comparisons to OSU and Bama right now. We've both played similar schedules, two mid majors and one ranked team.

Both defenses are top notch. OSU's defense is giving up about 5.7/game and Bama is giving up 6.3/game. They both have given up about the same yardage on defense with pass defense being even and OSU doing better against the rush. OSU has also done 2 better in the take away department there so slight edge to OSU on defense.

Again both offenses have been scoring machines with better than 40 pt averages. Bama has moved the ball for more yardage in both the air and ground then the Bucks but that's some what equalized in that Bama has given up twice as many penalty yards as OSU. Still, they are averaging a little more then 3 pts/game better then OSU so slight advantage Bama.

Special teams is the killer though. OSU has scored no points on special teams while having given up 21. Conversely Bama has given up no points but have scored 7. That's a 28 pt difference in special teams play and that is huge!

If Bama and OSU were to play next weekend OSU would have to improve considerably on special teams or they would lose.

Yeah, neither of us knows what our teams can really do over the long haul.

But you have to admit, Bama/OSU would be one helluva game.

Ran into a buddy last night who went to Ohio State and his wife Alabama. They were already trash talking each other.

Our next three games should tell us a lot about what we have.

Next saturday is @ Arkansas, then the Gators come to Tuscaloosa, then we have to go to South Carolina. So we will see how well our pass defense has gelled and whether or not we have what it takes to make the NC game again.

Our next three games should tell us a lot about what we have.

Next saturday is @ Arkansas, then the Gators come to Tuscaloosa, then we have to go to South Carolina. So we will see how well our pass defense has gelled and whether or not we have what it takes to make the NC game again.

Well, GL against SC, as I hate that state...

Saturday in Fayettevlle, the top rated passer in the nation will be playing. Oh yeah, Mallett will be playing too.

The individual leaders for passing efficiency are (in order); Greg McElroy, Dan Persa, Andrew Luck, Cameron Newton, and Ryan Mallett.

ROLL TIDE!!

I think Ark may keep it within 20!

This has been the game that worried me most. Mallet is dangerous as hell, and their defense has improved since last year. I don't think anyone will stop our offense completely, but I'd hate for us to get into a shootout.

That said, I think we will pick Mallet twice and it will be a good game. Bama wins by 17, but doesn't pull away until the 4th qtr.

Back