Another mass shooting in Chicago.

I'm chill, wtf with the leave shit We wouldn't be better off with 7,000 less murders a year!

Quit with the UK and France crying, then.

This is America. We have a Constitution. It says I get to have guns, and you get to cry about it.

Don't like it?

Join the pussies in Limeyland or Le Frogs.

Dude.... you could make the same argument about highway deaths.

We could eliminate highway deaths by virtually 100% if we made the national speed limit 20 miles per hour. Nobody would be legally going fast enough to hurt anybody. Win win.

But then you'd say that's a ridiculous suggestion because people are going to go faster anyway, no matter what the law says. Then I could reply with liberal claptrap like; "Oh! You see? The Dude is willing to send thousands of people to their deaths each year in fiery car wrecks so that he can zip along to his pedicure appointment at the ungodly speed of 30 miles per hour!"

Or we could discuss the issues like adults.

Dude.... you could make the same argument about highway deaths.

We could eliminate highway deaths by virtually 100% if we made the national speed limit 20 miles per hour. Nobody would be legally going fast enough to hurt anybody. Win win.

But then you'd say that's a ridiculous suggestion because people are going to go faster anyway, no matter what the law says. Then I could reply with liberal claptrap like; "Oh! You see? The Dude is willing to send thousands of people to their deaths each year in fiery car wrecks so that he can zip along to his pedicure appointment at the ungodly speed of 30 miles per hour!"

Or we could discuss the issues like adults.
Cars n guns comparison your as douchey as supertool

BThe Dude is willing to send thousands of people to their deaths each year in fiery car wrecks so that he can zip along to his pedicure appointment at the ungodly speed of 30 miles per hour!

Wasn't a pedicure, though was it?

Probably an anus-bleaching session for the taint-taster. He's obsessed with ass, for some reason.

Cars n guns comparison your as douchey as supertool

Duuuude, my friend. I'm very disappointed. You're so rational on matters of finance and economics. Why drag this discussion down in this irrational manner?

I agree the comparison is shakey. One is a Constitutionally protected right, the other is a state licensed privilege.

Nonetheless, I offered a remedy that could completely eliminate automobile fatalities without encroaching on the US Constitution one bit. You offered no such response to gun deaths.

And it should be noted that automobile deaths account for nearly three times the number of gun deaths. Additionally, the gun death numbers include suicides, whereas automobile death numbers do not include people running the engines in their garages.

Therefore, my plan eliminates three times the number of deaths, and leaves the Constitution in tact.

Do you have a plan to match that?

12 people are nothing. 4 people are nothing. 10,000 people each year are nothing. They are big scary numbers in your head, but compared to all the other stupid things people die from each year, it's on par or even under. (such as 30,000 deaths from automobile accidents every year - that's 10 9/11's).

And we regulate how cars are made.
We regulate how they can be used.
We spend millions on traffic enforcement.
We prosecute auto crimes.
WE REQUIRE A LISCENCE TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
WE REQUIRE INSURANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
OUT GOVERNMENT KEEPS TRACK OF WHO IS ALLOWED TO DRIVE AND WILL TAKE THAT RIGHT AWAY IF YOU ABUSE IT.

And we regulate how cars are made.
We regulate how they can be used.
We spend millions on traffic enforcement.
We prosecute auto crimes.
WE REQUIRE A LISCENCE TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
WE REQUIRE INSURANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
OUT GOVERNMENT KEEPS TRACK OF WHO IS ALLOWED TO DRIVE AND WILL TAKE THAT RIGHT AWAY IF YOU ABUSE IT.

... and clearly automobiles continue to be used in an unsafe manner.

Why not lower the national speed limit to 20 miles per hour? It would save tens of thousands of lives annually.

Or do you have a pedicurist appointment as well?

... and clearly automobiles continue to be used in an unsafe manner.

Why not lower the national speed limit to 20 miles per hour? It would save tens of thousands of lives annually.

Or do you have a pedicurist appointment as well?

Auto legislation and regulation has saved countless lives. Sure people will still die. It would be the same with some common sense gun control, there would still be shootings and killings, but there would be less.

Back