Another mass shooting in Chicago.

LOL! You think the gangbangers are going to IN to legally purchase guns? Really? Last I read most of those confiscated by police from gangs were 'lent' or gifted by relatives.

(1) You really should answer a question posed to you before asking questions of your own.

(2) No, I don't think gangbangers are going to legally purchase guns in Indiana. I think Chicago's restrictive gun laws are easily circumvented due to its proximity to neighboring states with lax gun laws, like Indiana.

(3) Do you have a link to what you read about gangs being lent guns from relatives?

(2) No, I don't think gangbangers are going to legally purchase guns in Indiana. I think Chicago's restrictive gun laws are easily circumvented due to its proximity to neighboring states with lax gun laws, like Indiana.
blaming other states for your own states high crime rates is a douchey move. total evasion of responsibility.

What's the number of gun deaths that will satisfy you enough to say, "That's enough gun control"? 5000? 3000?

What further intrusions on the US Constitution are you willing to make?

As I pointed out, my plan will entirely eliminate automobile deaths. Virtually 100%. It will save at least three times as many lives and leave the Constitution untouched. Yet you won't give it the time day... why not?

Its not about a specific number, its about what common sense regulations can we place on these dangerous instrumentalities that would be worth the lives saved. If we can get regulations that don't don't overly burden the gun owner but will save lives... Im for it.

I didn't say to ban cars and/or guns.

I simply suggested driving cars at a speed where no one can be killed. That's the epitome of common sense.

Your hyperventilating over the proposal clearly indicates you have no regard for human life, only the aesthetic appeal of your toenails.

In my opinion such a speed limit would be unduly burdensome on society, however I know plenty of neighborhoods where the speed limit is 20 MPH.

your emotional sensitivities have no constitutional power or authority in limiting my rights.

I know your opinion, but I don't believe the 2nd was ever intended to be absolute, and if it was I believe we should have changed it many years ago. It has never, in the history of our nation, been treated as an absolute right.

I know your opinion, but I don't believe the 2nd was ever intended to be absolute, and if it was I believe we should have changed it many years ago. It has never, in the history of our nation, been treated as an absolute right.

Go ahead and repeal the 2nd...what's stopping you?

As pointed out, Chicago and IL have strictest laws in the nation, how many more gun laws must be passed here, before the
gangbangers start to obey? :rolleyes:

We are never going to get full compliance, but we can provide law enforcement with helpful tools to curb the violence, we can also limit what types of guns are manufactured in the United States and imported into the United States.

Not to mention that criminals tend not to follow laws anyways. LOL!

So are you saying we should legalize murder? Heck, that's an argument I've used about Abortion, banning them is not going to stop them.

then you are not familiar with history as well. all rights were considered absolute, at least until just after the civil war. then the racists among our nation wanted to restrict rights of blacks. there is a reason why there are so many no's and not's in the first ten amendments called the bill of rights.

In my opinion such a speed limit would be unduly burdensome on society

But you're willing to burden society with tens of thousands of dead bodies?

however I know plenty of neighborhoods where the speed limit is 20 MPH.

What's that supposed to mean? What does that have to do with a national speed limit?

Back