Another mass shooting in Chicago.

Auto legislation and regulation has saved countless lives. Sure people will still die. It would be the same with some common sense gun control, there would still be shootings and killings, but there would be less.

What's the number of gun deaths that will satisfy you enough to say, "That's enough gun control"? 5000? 3000?

What further intrusions on the US Constitution are you willing to make?

As I pointed out, my plan will entirely eliminate automobile deaths. Virtually 100%. It will save at least three times as many lives and leave the Constitution untouched. Yet you won't give it the time day... why not?

Didn't Gerud say he doesn't think the law against statutory rape is a good thing?

He's a real libertarian except when it comes to the constitutional right to bear arms.

And we regulate how cars are made.
We regulate how they can be used.
We spend millions on traffic enforcement.
We prosecute auto crimes.
WE REQUIRE A LISCENCE TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
WE REQUIRE INSURANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
OUT GOVERNMENT KEEPS TRACK OF WHO IS ALLOWED TO DRIVE AND WILL TAKE THAT RIGHT AWAY IF YOU ABUSE IT.

Is there a Constitutional Amendment specifically speaking to cars? No?

And you call yoruself a lawyer.

What's the number of gun deaths that will satisfy you enough to say, "That's enough gun control"? 5000? 3000?

As I pointed out, my plan will entirely eliminate automobile deaths. Virtually 100%. It will save at least three times as many lives and leave the Constitution untouched. Yet you won't give it the time day... why not?

You would have a problem with your solution, I would bet, so, why suggest something even you would object to doing? Would you drive 20 miles an hour?

Another mass shooting recently happened in a Chicago park.11 people were killed including a small child, How does the Right support its opposition to gun control with so many mass shootings happening so close together.

You do know that every gun control measure possible to pass is already in effect in Chicago, don't you?

You would have a problem with your solution, I would bet, so, why suggest something even you would object to doing? Would you drive 20 miles an hour?

If that's the law, then yes. Just like I don't own any illegal firearms.

You seem to be saying; "If you make it a crime to drive over 20 miles per hour, then only criminals will drive over 20 miles per hour."

I've heard a similar argument before...

If that's the law, then yes. Just like I don't own any illegal firearms.

You seem to be saying; "If you make it a crime to drive over 20 miles per hour, then only criminals will drive over 20 miles per hour."

I've heard a similar argument before...

No, I am saying you would be screaming at the top of your lungs if they propose the speed limit to be 20 miles per hour.

No, I am saying you would be screaming at the top of your lungs if they propose the speed limit to be 20 miles per hour.

No, I wouldn't. I'm a law-abiding citizen.

But even if I were... I'm sure you would be there to remind me how many lives are being saved.

Amirite?

You could ban guns and cars, and if you were very harsh in the enforcement of those things you could end gun and car deaths, but that's unreasonable. We need common sense regulation of both, when something can easily save lives without much harm to liberty it should be done.

You do know that every gun control measure possible to pass is already in effect in Chicago, don't you?

Yes, but they are still manufacturing Assault rifles and legally importing them into neighboring states. The legal purchase of an assault rifle by a schizophrenic is less than a days drive away!

You could ban guns and cars, and if you were very harsh in the enforcement of those things you could end gun and car deaths, but that's unreasonable. We need common sense regulation of both, when something can easily save lives without much harm to liberty it should be done.

I didn't say to ban cars and/or guns.

I simply suggested driving cars at a speed where no one can be killed. That's the epitome of common sense.

Your hyperventilating over the proposal clearly indicates you have no regard for human life, only the aesthetic appeal of your toenails.

It is unreasonable to save lives? Isn't a common refrain we hear from libtards "If only one life can be saved........"

Well why doesn't it apply to cars? My guess is that you feel it would inconvenience you and we can't libtards inconvenienced. They only support laws and regulations that inconvenience others. Libtards want waivers from the rules and laws they profess

your emotional sensitivities have no constitutional power or authority in limiting my rights.

Yes, but they are still manufacturing Assault rifles and legally importing them into neighboring states. The legal purchase of an assault rifle by a schizophrenic is less than a days drive away!
how ignorant of gun laws are you? you do realize that the federal background check law applies in all 50 states, right?

how ignorant of gun laws are you? you do realize that the federal background check law applies in all 50 states, right?

As pointed out, Chicago and IL have strictest laws in the nation, how many more gun laws must be passed here, before the
gangbangers start to obey? :rolleyes:

As pointed out, Chicago and IL have strictest laws in the nation, how many more gun laws must be passed here, before the
gangbangers start to obey? :rolleyes:
no doubt. there are over 20,000 gun laws across the nation, if these are not 'common sense' gun measures, try repealing them before making new laws.

What are the gun laws like in Indiana?

LOL! You think the gangbangers are going to IN to legally purchase guns? Really? Last I read most of those confiscated by police from gangs were 'lent' or gifted by relatives.

What are the gun laws like in Indiana?
Indiana requires a license to carry a handgun in public. the law and license do not stipulate whether its to be concealed or open carried. there is no requirement for background checks on private sales. there are no bans or prohibitions via state law for weapons like a .50 caliber rifle etc.

Back