Another mass shooting in Chicago.

then you are not familiar with history as well. all rights were considered absolute, at least until just after the civil war. then the racists among our nation wanted to restrict rights of blacks. there is a reason why there are so many no's and not's in the first ten amendments called the bill of rights.

Funny, I seem to remember reading history about legislation requiring all firearms within certain town limits being required to be stored in an armory. I know many pre-civil war towns in the west required all firearms be checked into the sheriff before entering town. There were types of rifles that were banned in certain counties and states.

Funny, I seem to remember reading history about legislation requiring all firearms within certain town limits being required to be stored in an armory. I know many pre-civil war towns in the west required all firearms be checked into the sheriff before entering town. There were types of rifles that were banned in certain counties and states.

Cite these unconstitutional laws.

then you are not familiar with history as well. all rights were considered absolute, at least until just after the civil war. then the racists among our nation wanted to restrict rights of blacks. there is a reason why there are so many no's and not's in the first ten amendments called the bill of rights.

Freedom of speech was severely limited pre civil war. You could be lynched for reciting a satanic limerick or fined for producing a racy performance.

And we regulate how cars are made.
We regulate how they can be used.
We spend millions on traffic enforcement.
We prosecute auto crimes.
WE REQUIRE A LISCENCE TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
WE REQUIRE INSURANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE A VEHICLE.
OUT GOVERNMENT KEEPS TRACK OF WHO IS ALLOWED TO DRIVE AND WILL TAKE THAT RIGHT AWAY IF YOU ABUSE IT.

that doesn't address my point you retard.

Cite these unconstitutional laws.

The Second Constitution of Kentucky, Section 28, passed in 1799.

I can find more, that's the only one whose citation I knew off the top of my head.

YOUR WELCOME, your friendly HISTORY TEACHER!

You claimed the bill of rights was absolute pre Civil-War... Im pointing out how bad a job your high school history teacher did.
just because a few small places made unconstitutional laws doesn't render those rights to privileges. and the irony you seem to be missing is the absurdity of creating a government to protect our rights, then applauding that government as it restricts those rights.

You might want to review State v. Buzzard (1842, Ark), which led to the "Arkansas Doctrine"!

The Second Constitution of Kentucky, Section 28, passed in 1799. I can find more, that's the only one whose citation I knew off the top of my head. YOUR WELCOME, your friendly HISTORY TEACHER!

The top of your head must be mighty narrow. Maybe it's pointed.

Earlier you claimed you recalled "many" laws, and they supposedly were municipal.

You cited one archaic state constitution, with no link...

Where are the rest?

BTW, when you want to contract "you" and "are", it's spelled "you're", not "your".

Your friendly English teacher.

just because a few small places made unconstitutional laws doesn't render those rights to privileges. and the irony you seem to be missing is the absurdity of creating a government to protect our rights, then applauding that government as it restricts those rights.

Is Arkansas what you call a small place? Im simply addressing your claim that the second was always considered an ABSOLUTE right pre-civil war. You should enroll in a Jr. High history class.

Universally slaves and other black people were legally denied this ABSOLUTE right!

Is Arkansas what you call a small place? Im simply addressing your claim that the second was always considered an ABSOLUTE right pre-civil war. You should enroll in a Jr. High history class.
STATE vs Buzzard concerned itself with the Arkansas constitution, not the US constitution.

Universally slaves and other black people were legally denied this ABSOLUTE right!
1)blacks and slaves were considered property, not people (not that I agreed with that)
2) government can only deny you a basic fundamental right with the approval of an idiot populace. the right still exists, you're just being denied the ability to exercise it.

Back