Anti-shitposting discussion.

No, he thinks I'm a troll because I meme shitposters, laugh at perpetual liars, and give trolls a rough time. He'll go to a TDAK discussion and somehow manage to take exception with what I say, so enough said. He has a bias against me from our old forum.

No, I am pretty sure it is because you are a shit posting thread troll who NEVER deals with actual topics. ;)

Hello Trumpet,

Well, that's the thing.

This form of social media is a bit like the mainstream media.

If it bleeds it leads.

Discussions and posts that are more provocative are more likely to solicit a response.

Many of the issues we talk about can be dull just focusing on the issues.

Flame wars run a lot hotter.

I prefer to respond to intelligent posts. I seek them out. I am only here for the fewer than 5% of the posts which actually have some substance to them. People like to have their minds challenged. Most here will capitulate to having their emotions stroked, but that is so fragile and temporary. Real knowledge of the issues comes from actually talking about them, (instead of other people.)

But the flame wars do serve one purpose. They generate volume. The discussions go much quicker when so much is said about, really, nothing. I don't relish scrolling through pages of ignore messages to get to thoughtful posts, but it means every time I refresh the front page it is updated with changes. I always have the chance that something thought-provoking might have been said, I can always search for it. That level of volume is so great, I can't even keep up with all the discussions I would like to. So whenever I feel like chilling out and furthering how well informed I am, I can always come here and find some interesting discussions.

I just have zero desire to participate in the flame wars. Life's too short for that!

And for clever minds, provocative does not have to mean personal or nasty...

I totally agree with what you said.

You are the classic example of no brains, no pain,

:bigthink:

You've got a point, I have found that if I take the time, and make the effort to put a point or thought in writing, nobody really cares; it just seems that most posters on this forum, just like taking cheap shots at each other.

I R O N Y!!! :rofl2:

Back