Any Dog Lovers On Here?

2 cats, 1 dwarf hamster, 3 beta fish.
Wife wants to get kids a holland lop bunny, but so far I've managed to avoid that happening.

Oh and dwarf hamsters suck, I had great regular hampsters when I was a kid, but this hampster bites a lot.

Any animal that wants to escape as bad as a hampster does, deserves to be free. Don't buy any more of those...

Any animal that wants to escape as bad as a hampster does, deserves to be free. Don't buy any more of those...
He wants to escape into a house with 2 cats? LOL

I grew up with 4 different hampsters and too many gerbils to remember, none of them bit like this one does.

I have 4 black cats and 1 weiner dog. The cats were found in a shed on my place, apparently their momma was killed/died, and I took pity on them. these are the first cats I have ever had.
I had to have my old hound friend of 15 yrs put down earlier this year.

btw Rob I killed 2 dogs a few weeks ago, they had a calf of the neighbors down, he also had to kill the calf.

Wife wants to get kids a holland lop bunny, but so far I've managed to avoid that happening.

Oh and dwarf hamsters suck, I had great regular hampsters when I was a kid, but this hampster bites a lot.

Ahhhh,,the dreaded dwarf hamster. They are known to be mean. I have no clue why.
You would think their disposition would be the same.

dano you hold it?? LOL... i heard rabbits bite bad too... i have no desire to have wild animals in my house any more.. i used to have turtles but they smelled way to bad... LOL you had to change their cage every few days or the house smelled like a swamp.

i sometimes think about getting fish though.

dano you hold it?? LOL... i heard rabbits bite bad too... i have no desire to have wild animals in my house any more.. i used to have turtles but they smelled way to bad... LOL you had to change their cage every few days or the house smelled like a swamp.

i sometimes think about getting fish though.
Fish are great. Calming and easy to care for. Unless you get like we did and get some serious saltwater reefs going...

had hamsters ,mice, fish , lizards and tons of very short lived crickets in my house at one time or another.

I have had a cat once and they are cool but I like dogs the best.

I like USC lost a dog this year (Hank) some of you already know all about Hank.

He was a greater swiss mountain dog and lab mix as far as we could tell.
80lbs of love and sillyness, Damn I love and miss that dog!

Still have my beautiful black and white Aussie Pepper, dumb name Smart dog.

Two wonderful pups, both just over 1 year old. Little female Border Collie, black and white, the sweetest, smartest little doggie! Male black tri Australian Shepherd, also very sweet and smart but in a completely different way. Whereas the Border Collie reasons everything out, the Aussie is good at learning and following directions. We lost both our dogs (both Border Collies, 2 and 12 years old, respectively) last year within 2 months of each other, to different diseases. Nothing can ever replace them, but these new guys have made their own place in our home and our hearts.

I belong to the local obedience training club and will be starting beginner's agility with the border collie in October. Not for competition, but just to have some fun with my dog in a new way. Then I can train the Aussie at home. I also volunteer with the local Humane Society and do the vaccinations at the weekly clinic, and am the resident "artist", in which capacity I make all the logos.

Two wonderful pups, both just over 1 year old. Little female Border Collie, black and white, the sweetest, smartest little doggie! Male black tri Australian Shepherd, also very sweet and smart but in a completely different way. Whereas the Border Collie reasons everything out, the Aussie is good at learning and following directions. We lost both our dogs (both Border Collies, 2 and 12 years old, respectively) last year within 2 months of each other, to different diseases. Nothing can ever replace them, but these new guys have made their own place in our home and our hearts.

I belong to the local obedience training club and will be starting beginner's agility with the border collie in October. Not for competition, but just to have some fun with my dog in a new way. Then I can train the Aussie at home. I also volunteer with the local Humane Society and do the vaccinations at the weekly clinic, and am the resident "artist", in which capacity I make all the logos.

Wow,that makes 3 or 4 people with Aussies...cool!

When I saw this thread I knew Robs response would be oh so predictable.

Yes I advoate killing dogs, I also advocate shooting heroin, prostitution, not tipping your waittress, greeting people with the phrase "fuck you", cheating on your spouse, burning the flag, pissing on the bible, smashing your computer with a sledge hammer, masturbating to the golden girls, and eating poop.

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

I have read that poodles are considered the smartest and that collies come in second. This of course is debatable as saying what kind of animal is smartest is difficult.

I have read that poodles are considered the smartest and that collies come in second. This of course is debatable as saying what kind of animal is smartest is difficult.

I believe that they're actually tied for first (Standard Poodles and Border Collies to put a finer point on it). Of course that definition is derived from the consideration of how well these dogs perform according to standards that humans set for them. There's always anecdotal evidence of individual dogs of several breeds demonstrating uncanny reasoning ability, but this is one characteristic that is actually in the description of the Border Collie.

I love most dogs; just enjoy the Border Collies the most because we seem to be temperamentally suited, I guess. :)

Your dogs are probably smarter than the average welfare recipient.

Back