Any Dog Lovers On Here?

Oh give us evidence Kerry is a liar?

I can give you reams that Bush is

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- John Kerry, October 9, 2002

but that might not be a lie

Salmonella was why turtles were pretty much banned.

In Ohio,pet stores are allowed to sell them only if they are 4 inches or more long. Those little tiny ones are illegal to sell,unless it's for educational purposes. Of course,there are ignorant morons at county fairs and such that sell them anyway. Box turtles are also not allowed to be sold anymore,about 5 or 6 years ago,they were getting ready to be put on the endangered species list.

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- John Kerry, October 9, 2002

but that might not be a lie

Why wouldn't be a lie he is a politician and he spoke.......

Back on dogs and such.
Whis are pigs and dogs different ? well in the way we treat them anyway.
Both can be and are pets.
It is said by experts that their intelligence is similiar.
I can kill and eat a pig. Tasty btw :)
I go to jail or somesuch if I even kill a dog without darned good reason. Ie protect property or lives.
I would probably be hung by my toenails for eating a dog. not that I would want to anyway though...

What is the difference ?

btw I have had several dogs in my life and loved them all like family members, but some people feel that way about pigs too.

That does suck. I hate when that happens. But then everybody thinks you are God for awhile.... Oh and it didn't really. It's supposed to be about dogs.

yes they get real upset about this cluster too. The biggest baddest machines Sun has built. Got it going before the nationwide conference call started though :)

Yep, I almost got whipped ontime by some Christian Greyhound rescue types. they were trying to get me to take some greyhounds to save their lives. I asked them why not ship them to africa or SE Asia to feed to starving children, darn if I did not think they were going to whip my butt.
BTW I thnk those rescuers are actually supporting the greyhound racing industry they claim to hate.

It's definitely a cultrural thing. In France you go to the butchers and look at the sign to find out if it is for horse or cow meat, here, not going to play....

In other nations dogs are food and are killed as easily as chickens, here, not going to play...

We are picky about which animals we want to specify have these special protections.

USC I agree with you 100%. Animal cruelty laws are covertly culturalist.
In practice I'm sure they are. OTOH, all laws are "culturalist" in that all laws are expressions of cultural norms.

If anti-cruelty laws were based on circumstance rather than species, would that do it for you? One can differentiate between livestock and pets rather easily without reference to species. Yes, there are grey areas -- guard dogs and barn cats, for example, or livestock raised for FFA or 4H projects. Still, drawing an arbitrary line and then letting a court decide the fuzzy cases is a tried and true principle of our legal system.

We may use members of other species for a variety of purposes. That does NOT give us the right to inflict unnecessary cruelty, however.

Back