Anyone from coastal NC,SC, GA area?

Anyone from coastal NC,SC, GA area?

Good time to get ready for Florence.

As long as it isn't going to affect Pat Robertson, are we supposed to care about anyone else?

He did after all, talk God into steering Florence away from him and into the Carolinas.

Those people must have angered God by supporting Democrats or something.

:dunno:

As long as it isn't going to affect Pat Robertson, are we supposed to care about anyone else?

He did after all, talk God into steering Florence away from him and into the Carolinas.

Those people must have angered God by supporting Democrats or something.

:dunno:

Weather does not care about politics. Probably the last real non partisan thing out there!

latest, storm making turn going into SC, still going to get a lot of rain but not full force winds

I'm getting worried about our friend in SC who lives on a barrier island. Yes, it's a large island but still.... the only way off is via bridge. She's just a bit south of Charleston.

Last edited:
I have some friends that moved to James Island from Upstate NY a few months ago. My wife called them to offer lodging and they said that they were going to ride it out. Guess they'll need to learn the hard way that this isn't like a blizzard.

I'm getting worried about our friend in SC who lives on a barrier island. Yes, it's a large island but still.... the only way off is via bridge. She's just a bit south of Charleston.

Hopefully they have moved. South Carolina looks like it will be wiped off the face of the planet at this point.

She's still there. I think she's past the time when she should have left.

She might still be okay. Storm is weakening; she will be on the southwest side of the storm where rain and winds will be less intense and moving away; she will also be down in the 2-4 foot surge area; and those south carolina islands are more technical islands not really out in the wrath of 360° currents

She might still be okay. Storm is weakening; she will be on the southwest side of the storm where rain and winds will be less intense and moving away; she will also be down in the 2-4 foot surge area; and those south carolina islands are more technical islands not really out in the wrath of 360° currents

Oh good. Just talked to her; she's staying put -- for now. She rented an extra super size Suburban and can get half of her flock in one trip inland to a friend's house in an hour, and the rest in a 2nd trip, so she's got a bit of time to work with.

Oh good. Just talked to her; she's staying put -- for now. She rented an extra super size Suburban and can get half of her flock in one trip inland to a friend's house in an hour, and the rest in a 2nd trip, so she's got a bit of time to work with.

First time I went to Hilton Head I was expecting to go over some long over the bay bridge or something and was shocked at how short it was from being on the mainland and being on the island. It was like crossing a mountain gorge or wide river bridge at most. First of my many disappointments. No real surf even on the ocean side either.

Back