Atheists are so funny!

And Patriot66- you're also ok with abortion being legal! even though your religion is against it!

Awesome.

Since as you say you aren't trying to put YOUR religion's views into law...

Abortion except in very rare cases is murder, and is against the babies constitutional rights as a human, the right to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

So Patriot66, in post 14 when you said
Not true in any way shape or form, name a law i want based on my religion.

You lied. You now have said you are against legalizing same sex marriage and abortion; your stance is based on your religion, therefore you want laws based on your religion.

Tough.

Athiests are idiots. Is it surprising that most Athiests are liberals?

Not at all.

People who believe fairy-tales are real are idiots.

People who believe in a literal place called 'heaven' are morons.

People who don't know that religion .. ALL religion .. is made up of a composite of myths and fairy-tales from the past are braindead.

Religious believers calling athiests .. otherwise known as people who believe in science .. "idiots" .. is the real punch line. :0)

People who believe fairy-tales are real are idiots.

People who believe in a literal place called 'heaven' are morons.

People who don't know that religion .. ALL religion .. is made up of a composite of myths and fairy-tales from the past are braindead.

Religious believers calling athiests .. otherwise known as people who believe in science .. "idiots" is the real punch line.

Are you an atheist BAC? If you don't mind my asking, I am just curious.

Are you an atheist BAC? If you don't mind my asking, I am just curious.

I see Nature as the giver of all life and the greatest force humans will ever know.

When I die, I return to Nature .. thus, I live forever.

Not sure how to label that .. but I believe it to my core.

'God' is an invented tool.

I never mind whatever you ask.

I see Nature as the giver of all life and the greatest force humans will ever know.

Not sure how to label that .. but I believe it to my core.

'God' is an invented tool.

I never mind whatever you ask.

:) Thanks.

I don't believe in God per se either, but I believe in something. Just from things I have seen and experiences I have had.

:) Thanks.

I don't believe in God per se either, but I believe in something. Just from things I have seen and experiences I have had.

Spirituality is real wise sister. It's real.

It has power .. a power that most will never know. A power that literally brought me back from the dead. There is indeed 'something.'

Nature is the source of all life, and science is its language.

I support their right to place their religious monument to their faith bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha,

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/07/01/atheists-unveil-monument-and-plans-for-more/?subscriber=1

And for the record, the (words separation of church and state) appear nowhere in the constitution, period.

Atheists unveil monument and plans for more
By Florida Times-Union (Jacksonville, FL) July 1, 2013 6:55 am
Print Tell a Friend
Text Size: A A A

They are calling it a monument to a secular nation, and it now sits next to the Ten Commandments on the Bradford County Courthouse square.

It's a bench engraved with quotations from America's founding fathers, a prominent atheist and the penalties for violating each of the biblical commandments that are displayed a few feet away.

Hundreds gathered in light rain on the courthouse square in Starke Saturday for the dedication. American Atheists, the organization that led the effort, said it's the first atheist monument on public property in the United States -- and it will be the first of many.

President David Silverman said they intend to start placing monuments next to every public religious display in America, and they've secured anonymous funding to build and place up to 50.

Silverman encouraged those in attendance in Starke to let the organization know if there's a public display in their community.

"American Atheists will work with them to ensure truth is placed next to the lies, civility next to barbarism," he said.

The monument is the result of a settlement in the federal lawsuit filed against Bradford County by American Atheists along with Starke resident Daniel Cooney. The Community Men's Fellowship was allowed to put its Ten Commandments monument on the square last year, and the group sued to have it removed. Instead, it agreed the square was a free speech zone, and the atheist group was also entitled to post its own self-funded monument.

A group of about a dozen people held "Honk for Jesus" signs across the street and blasted gospel music from a pickup truck. A secessionist group, Florida League of the South, also waved Confederate flags and posted signs proclaiming America a Christian nation. But there was no organized protest from the men's group, and a county commissioner opened the ceremony praising freedom of speech and the free speech zone. He encouraged the crowd to search both monuments, and determine their true meaning.

"This is what makes America the greatest nation on earth," Bradford County Commissioner Danny Riddick said.

EllenBeth Wachs, the founder of Atheists and Humanists of Florida, told the crowd she was the plaintiff on a lawsuit in Lakeland fighting Christian prayer at commission meetings, and what was important then is the same thing that's important in Starke: being heard.

"One look at this historic bench, and atheists will never again be ignored in this public square," she said.

Ro Reddick said she drove over from Jacksonville because she believes the unveiling was a watershed event: atheists standing proud in their fight for the separation of church and state.

"It's a heralding event that allows atheists to come out," she said. "We don't have to be in the closet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States

Text

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

how stupid are you?

very

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States

Text

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

how stupid are you?

very

I'm sorry, what question, or statement, are you referring to with your post!

That's science - conservation of matter. When we die, we will decompose or burn, but the particles will be part of the natural world.

That's why I love science! it's so cool!

Who needs a fairy tale when we have marvelous reality in front of us? Any branch of science you dig into has amazing information; wonderful facts; beautiful ways of tying things together.

I totally understand why people used to impart supernatural capabilities to trees, storms, rocks, rivers, the moon, etc; nature is so powerful! And the beautiful cycle of life - birth, life, death, rebirth of our atoms in some other form, maybe a flower growing out of our grave - very cool.. And seeing how other creatures and flora and bacteria and whatnot live- the many ways all of these cope - it's an astounding story!

Now why some people decided to divorce themselves from the natural world and put it all up to gods and goddesses - I don't know. Seems much colder to think there's some figure in the sky watching and scolding us. Ok, the greek and roman gods/goddesses were more fun...but still.

When science is revealing to us so many awesome things, who needs a fairy tale for comfort? Can be great stories; can be scary; can give lessons; but choosing to invest your entire life into a fairy tale? I don't get it.

Back