Atheists are so funny!

That's science - conservation of matter. When we die, we will decompose or burn, but the particles will be part of the natural world.

That's why I love science! it's so cool!

Who needs a fairy tale when we have marvelous reality in front of us? Any branch of science you dig into has amazing information; wonderful facts; beautiful ways of tying things together.

I totally understand why people used to impart supernatural capabilities to trees, storms, rocks, rivers, the moon, etc; nature is so powerful! And the beautiful cycle of life - birth, life, death, rebirth of our atoms in some other form, maybe a flower growing out of our grave - very cool.. And seeing how other creatures and flora and bacteria and whatnot live- the many ways all of these cope - it's an astounding story!

Now why some people decided to divorce themselves from the natural world and put it all up to gods and goddesses - I don't know. Seems much colder to think there's some figure in the sky watching and scolding us. Ok, the greek and roman gods/goddesses were more fun...but still.

When science is revealing to us so many awesome things, who needs a fairy tale for comfort? Can be great stories; can be scary; can give lessons; but choosing to invest your entire life into a fairy tale? I don't get it.

POST OF THE YEAR

as a "giver of life"......its certainly the equivalent of what you've called my "fairy tale"......

No it isn't.

There is no man figure, no God, no science-defying superstition, no make-believe of any kind .. everything is provable, everything is science.

Preachers, Pope's, Iman's, Rabbi's, and ministers are not required .. as are Bible's, Torah's and Quran's. The intelligence of education is the only guide required to its truth.

For further distinctions, see, The Age of Reason/Enlightenment

I would say it was founded by men who were strong believers in God.

That wasn't the question.

America was NOT founded as a Christian nation .. affirmed by the Founders themselves.

Treaty of Tripoli, 1797

Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

Annals of Congress, 5th Congress

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

Most Christians don't know that.

They are so funny. :0)

That wasn't the question.

America was NOT founded as a Christian nation .. affirmed by the Founders themselves.

Treaty of Tripoli, 1797

Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

Annals of Congress, 5th Congress

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

Most Christians don't know that.

They are so funny. :0)

because of course, there were no specific motives involved, like say, in a treaty ending a conflict with a Muslim nation that we had no hidden religious aspirations to taking over their country....

that all changed when you anthropomorphized it and made it a Giver of Life....in reality its just a Shit Happens......

I would imagine that "shit happens" would be the description of Nature by people who believe in fairy-tales .. but it's far more than that .. and it's all provable.

Please explain how Nature is not the giver of ALL life.

because of course, there were no specific motives involved, like say, in a treaty ending a conflict with a Muslim nation that we had no hidden religious aspirations to taking over their country....

Or, the obvious ..

"... the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"

"... the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved"

This is called a FACT, not a belief .. something most 'believers' have difficulty with.

Too bad they don't 'believe' in facts.

I would imagine that "shit happens" would be the description of Nature by people who believe in fairy-tales .. but it's far more than that .. and it's all provable.

Please explain how Nature is not the giver of ALL life.

Prove God did not create the universe

based on sociology.....even atheists have only been marrying the opposite sex ever since this country started......

doesn't mean they weren't loving someone of the sames sex; living with someone of the same sex; taking care of them in sick times and bad times. You can't have it both ways - you can't say "we won't let them get married" and then use the fact they don't get married as evidence they don't want to!

Along with 66, you are attempting to put your religious views onto the laws of this country. Glad we're finally overturning this bigoted law.

Back