Awesome interview by Harris!

She hugged Biden’s policy legacy…but wants to turn the page on him as well as Trump.​

“I’m so proud to be running with Tim Walz and to bring America what I believe the American people deserve, which is a new way forward, and turn the page on the last decade of what I believe has been contrary to where the spirit of our country really lies.”

Mr. Biden, of course, has been either president, vice president or a leading candidate for president for most of the last 15 years.

You know NOTHING about nuclear waste or radiation. NOTHING.
only lived near a nuclear waste storage area and reprocessing plant for years and have had friends work there.
I may know more then you do that is for sure.
you do understand they store the used nuclear rods in water in large tanks till they are processed.
and as I said those tanks are on a hill over a large creek that runs into lake Erie and that water gets radioactive and if it leaked it could kill millions of people.

Oh, so if inflation went up 1000% for two months then fell to 2.9% the previous two months of hyperinflation no longer count hum?

Nope. Don't know what you are on about, but when you hear inflation reporting it is almost always done a rate basis.

Name those economists.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to find economists who DON'T think the sudden release of pent up demand leads to inflationary spikes.

Prices went up to offset inflation caused by Biden. Therefore the price increases we are seeing can be blamed on Biden, and by extension Harris.

You do realize that when you overly simplify reality you no longer understand reality, right?

only lived near a nuclear waste storage area and reprocessing plant for years and have had friends work there.
I may know more then you do that is for sure.

Irrelevant appeal to authority. What? Did you get your knowledge of the subject by osmosis or something?
you do understand they store the used nuclear rods in water in large tanks till they are processed.

Do you know why they store them in water?
and as I said those tanks are on a hill over a large creek that runs into lake Erie and that water gets radioactive and if it leaked it could kill millions of people.

Yes, you said that. You are dead flat wrong that it could have "kill(ed) millions of people" however.

Irrelevant appeal to authority. What? Did you get your knowledge of the subject by osmosis or something?

Do you know why they store them in water?

Yes, you said that. You are dead flat wrong that it could have "kill(ed) millions of people" however.
NO moron as I said i have friends that use to work there back in the 60s and 70's.
and the water is to help cool the rods and the canisters those rods are stored in do leak some times and the water has to be processed but while it is stored if there was an earthquake the storage tanks could rupture and that water being highly radio active could get into that creek and YES KILL millions of people .
Radio activity does do that you know.
have a nice day

There are more than these two duties:

Aside from breaking tie votes in the Senate and stepping in when the president can’t fulfill his responsibilities, vice presidents have developed these new responsibilities:

They lead commissions and other efforts on particular topics as a way for the president to show focus on that area. Al Gore, for instance, led a “reinventing government” effort for President Bill Clinton.
They travel abroad, especially when the president isn’t ready to commit to some sort of deal with another country but wants to send a high-level emissary.
They serve as advisers whose loyalties are clearly to the president and not other groups.

Heels Up Harris failed in the only duty assigned to her...secure the border,
It was never her duty to "secure the border" any more than it is your duty to compose an intelligent debate argument. Neither of you had or has the necessary capacity. Securing the border would have required changes in procedures, probably laws and certainly funding that Harris had no control over. Her mission was to meet with political leaders south of border and seek their cooperation. Lots of luck with that, but if you read a bit on what happened you would know she received good marks for what she did do.

If you're going to continue to participate here, Earl, you need to try harder not to be stupid.

Nope. Don't know what you are on about, but when you hear inflation reporting it is almost always done a rate basis.

So? Did your education in math stop at the 5th grade? Inflation over time is cumulative.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to find economists who DON'T think the sudden release of pent up demand leads to inflationary spikes.

John Cochrane: In my analysis, inflation mostly came from the government’s $5 trillion in COVID and post-COVID deficits. The government essentially sent people $5 trillion with no plans to pay the money back. People tried to spend it, driving up prices. The Fed eventually raising interest rates made inflation come down a bit faster than it would have otherwise, but it was going to go away on its own anyway. There is no magic momentum to inflation. Stop pushing, and it stops.
Even lame "fact check" sites that love Biden agree massive deficit spending drove inflation:

So, economists generally agree that deficit spending--particularly massive deficit spending of the Biden - Harris sort, drove inflation much higher than normal.
You do realize that when you overly simplify reality you no longer understand reality, right?
Look in the mirror. I began with simplicity because I figured any level of complexity would go over your head. I was correct in that assessment.

Inflation is usually presented as a rate. Change over time.

[/QUOTE]

Cumulative-Inflation-since-1913-Aug-2022a.png

The current inflation rate is notional and nominal. What matters is the cumulative rate Think of it as the integration of the first differential.

Back