BCS Championship Game

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Wisconson is a perenial to 10 - 15 type team that plays tough d and can run the ball. To them it was like spring in madison. Miami showed that they and the ACC(basketball conference) have miles to go in being able to compete with the big boys.

They last forey into the top ten was met with a beat down by LSU and they haven't been able to get hold that beach head back since.

How bout that Wisconsin vs Miami game? I howled. I mean given their tradition, that had to be one of the most embarrassing losses in the history of the "U". The U players acted like they was playing in Antarctica and just plain pussied out. I mean shit they literally had home field advantage in the game and whimped out because it was 50 degs! Hell, that's spring weather in Madison. LOL

I mean to see Miami players huddling next to each other and shivering in 50 deg December weather was a priceless moment in college football history! LOL

The U lost some serious street cred last night.

a solid point....I've never believed a team that doesn't know how to play in snow should even be considered a football team let alone a number one team.....

Funny you should mention that.... I went to Marquette and have a LOT of friends that went to Madison. We were watching the game and laughing our asses off at the Miami team for this very reason. We thought Miami was going to drop the hammer on Wisconsin, but they completely folded. That ranked right up there with Michigan losing to Appalachian state. I shall forever mock thee... 'U' pussies...
It will be a long time before the U can live down the "Pussy Bowl" LOL

Being able to play in cold weather is good. But its not the mark of a quality team. It is the mark of a team that is used to cold weather.

LSU plays in sub 40 every year in BR, and Penn State may win but mott knows we ass raped his buckeyes. That's why he been praying for years for lsu losses.

Being able to play in cold weather is good. But its not the mark of a quality team. It is the mark of a team that is used to cold weather.
Bull hockey. The sign of a good ball team is that they are prepared to deal with such adversity. Besides, it wasn't even fucking cold! 50 Deg? Give me a break. The U just simply pussied out in that game.

LSU plays in sub 40 every year in BR, and Penn State may win but mott knows we ass raped his buckeyes. That's why he been praying for years for lsu losses.
I'll have to give credit to LSU. There one of only 2 SEC teams to have the balls to actually play us in the Shoe. Of course we ass raped them and that's probably why they have ran away from us ever since.

Bull hockey. The sign of a good ball team is that they are prepared to deal with such adversity. Besides, it wasn't even fucking cold! 50 Deg? Give me a break. The U just simply pussied out in that game.

Being able to deal with adveristy is the mark of a good team. I wasn't referring to Puss U, I was addressing the "unless you play in subzero weather you are not a good team" idea that has been brought up numerous times.

Being able to deal with adveristy is the mark of a good team. I wasn't referring to Puss U, I was addressing the "unless you play in subzero weather you are not a good team" idea that has been brought up numerous times.
No that is true but it is part of the adversity of playing the game.....at least up here. LOL Just like it is when it's 100 deg.

No that is true but it is part of the adversity of playing the game.....at least up here. LOL Just like it is when it's 100 deg.

My feeling is that I want both teams to be at their best when they play.

The ice & snow effects a teams ability to play the game. Just like rain effects the actual playing of the game.

I want the team that plays Alabama to have all their players healthy and everything on track. I am glad that Texas got their kick return guy back.

The ice & snow effects a teams ability to play the game. Just like rain effects the actual playing of the game.

I want the team that plays Alabama to have all their players healthy and everything on track. I am glad that Texas got their kick return guy back.

Bad weather effects both teams, it is just part of football

I am with ya WinterBorn on the 2 best teams hopefully will be at there best and hopefully it will be a great game

But Bama comes out on top

Bad weather effects both teams, it is just part of football

I am with ya WinterBorn on the 2 best teams hopefully will be at there best and hopefully it will be a great game

But Bama comes out on top

Yes, the weather effects both teams. But, as an example, if Texas and Bama play in the rain, Bama's running game will be much less hampered than Texas' passing game. This gives Bama and advantage that has nothing to do with skills or preparation.

But I do agree that Bama comes out on top. Roll Tide!!

Yes, the weather effects both teams. But, as an example, if Texas and Bama play in the rain, Bama's running game will be much less hampered than Texas' passing game. This gives Bama and advantage that has nothing to do with skills or preparation.

But I do agree that Bama comes out on top. Roll Tide!!
History is certainly against Bama. They've never beaten Texas. IN 8 games against Texas they are 0-7-1.

History is certainly against Bama. They've never beaten Texas. IN 8 games against Texas they are 0-7-1.

Its been a while since we played them. At best the current players were toddlers the last time the two teams met, so I doubt it has any bearing on this game.

I just started watching the Capitol One bowl, pretty wet there, to say the least, LOL

GO PENN STATE

Texas is one of the ONLY teams Alabama doesn't have a winning record against. The only other team Alabama has never beaten, is Suwanee (0-1)... (good one for a trivia question.)

I look at it like this... the fact we are 0-7-1 vs. Texas, means the odds are most certainly in our favor to win THIS game! Sooner or later, Alabama HAS to beat Texas, right?

That's not my point. You always want to see two teams at their best. I hope both teams have a all their personal fit and healthy too.

What I'm saying is that adversity is part of the game of football. That's why the ball has two points. It causes funny bounces in the game and that creates adversity that a team must over come. What other team sport goes out and plays in blizzards, fog, tropical rainstorms, 100+ deg heat?

And that's the big knock against SEC (and to a lesser extent the PAC 10). They play a good game when it's 70 deg and the sun is shining. But throw in a little adversity like wet sloppy field or a little bad weather or playing in someone else back yard and see how quickly they fold?

So yea, in my book, when it comes to football, being able to deal with adversity is a big part of the game.

Back