To Kill a Mockingbird - 8
Dr. Strangelove - X
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 4
The Battle Of Algiers - X
Lawrence of Arabia - 5
Lost in Translation - 4
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 6

Last edited:
OMG. You know nothing about Cinema. Amercan Beauty FOUR? Lost in Translation fucking TWO? YOU RATED FUCKING STAR WARS ABOVE FUCKING LOST IN TRANSLARTION! Ludcicrous crap.

All other ballots will be insulted in this way, in case anyone was wondering.

No, it isn't. You are just fundamentally retarded when it comes to taste.

The Lord of the Rings was a huge extravaganza, with all kinds of lights, and and sounds, but as far as substance it had little.

I'm guessing you're simply jealous because you put in the wrong ballot. But you weren't supposed to rate anyone below 4, as I said. This is to limit the damage one person with bad taste can cause :) .

I do find your scores interesting, however...

A very odd combination, in my opinion. Most people who like Sunshine of the Spotless mind like deep movies that provoke thought, and shun media extravaganza's.

I mean, you didn't take my insulting comments seriously, did you Damo? I forgot to put a " :) " beside it and on the internet that can make all the difference in what a person believe you're sayin.

I do find your scores interesting, however...

A very odd combination, in my opinion. Most people who like Sunshine of the Spotless mind like deep movies that provoke thought, and shun media extravaganza's.
I like all things that entertain me. However the "media extravaganza" that was Lord of the Rings followed the books so well it deserves to get huge points just for that.

I mean, you didn't take my insulting comments seriously, did you Damo? I forgot to put a " :) " beside it and on the internet that can make all the difference in what a person believe you're sayin.
Why is it that people think I'm taking everything seriously...

I go for entertainment, not the stuff that the Academy awards and such goes for. Like wine, I might like $12 wine much better than $100 wine, regardless of what the "experts " say :)

I like all things that entertain me. However the "media extravaganza" that was Lord of the Rings followed the books so well it deserves to get huge points just for that.

Well, the Lord of the Rings is sort of light stuff. You can read it, get interested in it, but it's not much more than that. It never really arouses strong emotions in you. It's like a bag of cheetos.

I guess you have to be an artist to understand that kind of thought... peopl call us "elitist", but it's just a fact that we're better than you, and all of the recent movies that have recently gotten more money than better movies are proof of that.

I go for entertainment, not the stuff that the Academy awards and such goes for. Like wine, I might like $12 wine much better than $100 wine, regardless of what the "experts " say :)

Well, I like to call this "expertisization". Whenever something gets big enough, "experts" emerge in the field and start copying the desirable traits of other art. After a while, everythings the same, and it all is much worse than what the "non-experts" made before the "experts" came along. Just look at the state of movies today. has anything even coming close to "Citizen Kane" been produced in the last ten years?

Shawshank Redemption - 8
A beautiful mind - 9
Mulholland Drive - X
It's a wonderful life - 9
the princess bride - X
Winged Migration - X
Star Wars series - 8
The Godfather - 10
Citizen Kane - 10
Casablanca - 9
Police Academy - (-10)
The Wizard of Oz - 9
The Road Warrior - 5
American Beauty - 8
To Kill a Mockingbird - 8
Dr. Strangelove - 7
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - X
The Battle Of Algiers - X
Lawrence of Arabia - 8
Lost in Translation - 4
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 8

Wm, I have watched Citizen Kane and was not very thrilled. I watch movies for enjoyment not to critique them. I could not care less what others think of a movie if I enjoy it. Just a lone wolf reble I guess. Signed Abbey Normal.

Pulp fiction sucked big time to me.
the wife unit dragged me to that one, she still owes me big time for that.

Wm, I have watched Citizen Kane and was not very thrilled. I watch movies for enjoyment not to critique them. I could not care less what others think of a movie if I enjoy it. Just a lone wolf reble I guess. Signed Abbey Normal.

Thats the way you should watch them... for enjoyment..., shoot I still get a ton of laughs watching "Revenge of the Nerds"

Well different people appreciate different forms of art, so it is allright to disagree and normal. How about Airplane and most things with Leslie Neilson ?

Back