Best Movie Ever

Well, the Lord of the Rings is sort of light stuff. You can read it, get interested in it, but it's not much more than that. It never really arouses strong emotions in you. It's like a bag of cheetos.

I guess you have to be an artist to understand that kind of thought... peopl call us "elitist", but it's just a fact that we're better than you, and all of the recent movies that have recently gotten more money than better movies are proof of that.
Man are you off on this... The LOTR has brought extreme joy to many generations. This is truly art. That the new movies followed the books so well can only create a new and truly longstanding following.

The books specifically though were truly works of American Literature and are actually taught as such.

Man are you off on this... The LOTR has brought extreme joy to many generations. This is truly art. That the new movies followed the books so well can only create a new and truly longstanding following.

The books specifically though were truly works of American Literature and are actually taught as such.

Well, it was good, but it simply wasn't good in the way that such literary accomplishments as "Of Mice and Men" and "1984". It wasn't a Greek tragedy, it was an Anglo-Saxon epic.

Many times the critics get things wrong... but the public almost always gets things much more wrong. Call that an elitist view, but I don't care.

I have to agree that the lord of the rings books were good but not great. I found them a bit tedious to read. And I read a lot, I average 1 book per week.

Maybe Altzheimers if I get it will cut down on my book purchases. I will be able to read the same book each week :)

Yes... the writing style wasn't terrific. I've fallen asleep twice trying to read it, and I eventually just gave up. Heck, I didn't even fall asleep during Wuthering Heights, if that tells you anything about the situation. But it was an epic, a different type of fiction that what we're usually used to. Whether you like it or not depends on whether you prefer epics or tragic dramas.

True, but I wasn't comparing. I rated the movies as I liked them, or not. Sometimes heady movies are just boring, sometimes they grip my attention like none other. Sometimes fluff like Airplane deserves the thumbs up...

I'm not going to change what I like to fit in with some inane "artiste" ideation that I must follow or be considered "unwashed". I'll shower and enjoy my movie anyway.

Ah, the ignorant masses speak.
I am truly knowledgeable on exactly what I like, too bad you care so much about it...

Go, watch boring drivel and pretend to like it so you can fit in with the "elite"... I'll actually enjoy my life without pretense.

:D

:p

(I win)

Have fun counting explosions and watching the same movie with a different name for the 30th time.
Just so long as I don't have to rub elbows with the "elite" and discuss some boring documentary-style borefest I'll be good. Enjoy your next borefest and your plastic Stepford Party with all the "elite" pretending they think you are witty.

:D

Seriously - how many times have I seen a white meets black cop movie? I mean, it's getting kind of ridiculous. How can you write THAT many scripts for what's basically the same movie? And every single one of them has the famous radio scene with the black guy switching it to rap and the white guy switching it to country or some stupid dorky shit like that.

it's like hollywood now has a "shitty movie formula" that they must abide by.

Seriously - how many times have I seen a white meets black cop movie? I mean, it's getting kind of ridiculous. How can you write THAT many scripts for what's basically the same movie? And every single one of them has the famous radio scene with the black guy switching it to rap and the white guy switching it to country or some stupid dorky shit like that.

it's like hollywood now has a "shitty movie formula" that they must abide by.
Where exactly did I vote for a White Meets Black Cop movie? Hmmm? Seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about. Pretending to like movies because the "Right Sort" pretend to like them too?

I prefer to live in my body and enjoy what I actually enjoy rather than make that square peg fit that round hole just to "fit in".

Well, I hope you feel great, watching all those high-rated movies simply because they sold a lot of stupid tickets. You can fit in with all of your friends to.

"Hey, did you see that movie? You know, the one with the explosions in it?"

" Oh yeah!"

"And remember whenever the main character screwed his partner (who just happened to be an attractive female police officer) before the explosion? Dang, how unexpected!"

"I know!"

Back