Best Movie Ever

shut up douchebag... if i think a movie sucks then it sucks. And no I don't hate movies just because they are black and white.. I just don't like those particular ones.

If I think a movie should be a zero then it's going to be an effing zero. Your rating system is biased and stupid.

If I think a movie should be a zero then it's going to be an effing zero. Your rating system is biased and stupid.

It's "biased"? I've had it like this ever since I started the poll. I specifically staed "You shouldn't rate anything below a 4". A 4 is a zero in this system. It was specifically constructed this way so that dishonest votes wouldn't have too much of an edge over honest ones. The academy awards changed their system whenever 4 different judges out of 50 got together to bomb a show about black people for political reason back in the good 'ole days. 4 people were able to overturn the will of 50 - that's simply not right. It's the system. At least I didn't restrict you to one favorite and force you to say you hate all the othe rones.

shut up douchebag... if i think a movie sucks then it sucks. And no I don't hate movies just because they are black and white.. I just don't like those particular ones.

Well you're a signifigant minoirity, and you shouldn't have your vote greatly enhanced by voting zero whenever everyone else voted honestly and gave a real score of 7 or 8 instead of 10.

Well you're a signifigant minoirity, and you shouldn't have your vote greatly enhanced by voting zero whenever everyone else voted honestly and gave a real score of 7 or 8 instead of 10.
Significant minority? Rubbish. Most people under 40 don't like those movies. It would be the minority that wax rhapsodic about movies from that era and were our age.

It's "biased"? I've had it like this ever since I started the poll. I specifically staed "You shouldn't rate anything below a 4". A 4 is a zero in this system. It was specifically constructed this way so that dishonest votes wouldn't have too much of an edge over honest ones. The academy awards changed their system whenever 4 different judges out of 50 got together to bomb a show about black people for political reason back in the good 'ole days. 4 people were able to overturn the will of 50 - that's simply not right. It's the system. At least I didn't restrict you to one favorite and force you to say you hate all the othe rones.

so instead it's on a scale of 4-10 rather than 0-10. wooow

i did vote honestly... those were my honest assesments.. that's why i DIDN'T give citizen kane or casablanca a flat out zero even though I hated those movies. you are essentially saying that it's impossible for anyone to feel a movie is below a 4.. that's biased and stupid.

i bet i just killed you a little on the inside by critisizing your dumb rating system.

watermark = done.

Last edited:
i did vote honestly... those were my honest assesments.. that's why i DIDN'T give citizen kane or casablanca a flat out zero even though I hated those movies. you are essentially saying that it's impossible for anyone to feel a movie is below a 4.. that's biased and stupid.

i bet i just killed you a little on the inside by critisizing your dumb rating system.

watermark = done.

Yeah. That's great. In the meantime, don't rate anything below a 4.

citizen kane sucks.. but people have been told it's good for 50 years so they can't see through the garbage. Crap movie, extremely overrated.

Its your right to have an opinion.. but my problem with your assesment is that it's painfully obvious you dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Proof? You dont like anything that predates your age ....
Look at your ratings ...

You opinions are extremely esotric, Grind. I've never seen a rational person rate Citizen Kane below a 4. Maybe a 7, which is really low for such a great movie, but a 3 is simply trying to bomb it. Actually, with most of these movies a score below 4 would be bombing.

doesn't matter watermark...you opinion isn't objective. I'm not going to pretend to like it because I think it's the elite thing to do. It's an extreeeemly overrated movie.

doesn't matter watermark...you opinion isn't objective. I'm not going to pretend to like it because I think it's the elite thing to do. It's an extreeeemly overrated movie.

"Overrated" isn't a reason to bomb a movie. Clearly, the movie wasn't that bad. It was better than many things you rated higher, it simply lacked explosions.

it's all subjective dumbass... and don't try to relegate my movie tastes to retarded action thrillers, you tool ...

David Lynch? Wes Anderson? P.T. Anderson? Charlie Kaufman? Darron Arronofsky? --- my favorite directors.. and they don't really direct those types of movies. Not to mention I make frequent trips to brattle theater in cambrige ma, which shows many good, unheard of indie films. So once again, sorry, but you aren't putting me in that demographic of retards that like stupid action movies with explosions... no way.

- Grind

Man are you off on this... The LOTR has brought extreme joy to many generations. This is truly art. That the new movies followed the books so well can only create a new and truly longstanding following.

The books specifically though were truly works of American Literature and are actually taught as such.

JRR Tolkien was English, not American...

Oh, and Watermark, you almost ignored the 30s completely, but for your including Wizard of Oz on the list. I consider The Adventures of Robin Hood to be one of the greatest movies of all-time, and naturally, Gone With the Wind has quite a following...

it's all subjective dumbass... and don't try to relegate my movie tastes to retarded action thrillers, you tool ...

David Lynch? Wes Anderson? P.T. Anderson? Charlie Kaufman? Darron Arronofsky? --- my favorite directors.. and they don't really direct those types of movies. Not to mention I make frequent trips to brattle theater in cambrige ma, which shows many good, unheard of indie films. So once again, sorry, but you aren't putting me in that demographic of retards that like stupid action movies with explosions... no way.

- Grind

lol...3D....pretty smooth opening up these threads....

i see where ib1 learned his retard comment....the one and only....grind

Back