American Beauty - x
To Kill a Mockingbird - 0
Dr. Strangelove - 5
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 9
The Battle Of Algiers - x
Lawrence of Arabia - x
Lost in Translation - 7
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 8

citizen kane sucks.. but people have been told it's good for 50 years so they can't see through the garbage. Crap movie, extremely overrated.

because you save 0's for the worst of the worst of the worst. 40% is still failing. think of it that way.

Really though, it had to be scaled a bit. It had to be higher than casablanca, which was even crappier and more overrated.

Just cause a movie is old doesn't mean shit.

You changed your vote?

Darnit! Do you realize how hard it is to account for it whenever someone changes their vote? I'm going to have to average it out all over again.

I would just add them up... but if you can't allow people to show no opinion if you simply add it all up, and I consider that an important part of the system.

You changed your vote?

Darnit! Do you realize how hard it is to account for it whenever someone changes their vote? I'm going to have to average it out all over again.

I would just add them up... but if you can't allow people to show no opinion if you simply add it all up, and I consider that an important part of the system.
Hey, I wasn't the one that made up some super confusing sytem of averages...

because you save 0's for the worst of the worst of the worst. 40% is still failing. think of it that way.

Really though, it had to be scaled a bit. It had to be higher than casablanca, which was even crappier and more overrated.

Just cause a movie is old doesn't mean shit.

Actually, I just change everything below 0 to a 4 whenever I'm averaging the scores.. I don't allow scores below 4. This is actually very generous - the academy awards uses a minimum of 6. This is due to the fact that in the past a small minoirty of judges with extreme opinions were able to sway the entire nomination process in their favor. I'm actually thinking of re-changing the minimum to 5.

Hey, I wasn't the one that made up some super confusing sytem of averages...

I don't see how it's super confusing. You obviously understand it perfectly. This is just how you do these kinds of polls.

I just think it would've screwed up the entire poll if everyone just gave a 4 to every movie they hadn't watched. It isn't TOO much more complicated than adding, anyway...

It's just one more step, dividing by the total by the number of ballots that showed an opinion on the movie.

And, by tommorow I'm not allowing anyone to change their vote anymore. Whatever you cast is set in stone and if you change it I'm just going to laugh at you.

I don't see how it's super confusing. You obviously understand it perfectly. This is just how you do these kinds of polls.

I just think it would've screwed up the entire poll if everyone just gave a 4 to every movie they hadn't watched. It isn't TOO much more complicated than adding, anyway...
I also wasn't the one who was whining about averaging... You should join the military, you already are a professional complainer.

Actually, I just change everything below 0 to a 4 whenever I'm averaging the scores.. I don't allow scores below 4. This is actually very generous - the academy awards uses a minimum of 6. This is due to the fact that in the past a small minoirty of judges with extreme opinions were able to sway the entire nomination process in their favor. I'm actually thinking of re-changing the minimum to 5.

that's dumb dude it's all relative

that's dumb dude it's all relative

I don't want some good movies bombed because of 1 or 2 people with esotric opinions - like your ridiculous distaste and hatred of everything that's old, that has bombed quite a few excellent movies scores because, apparently, you don't look movies that come in black and white. Even with the minimum 4 it's becoming apparent, and the votes that have been cast are very conflicting. Had I let everyone cast a zero we'd probably have a bunch of movies all scored 5.

Back