Best Movie Ranking for my Lifespan

Did it? fuck my memory is slipping. And district 9 was fucking awesome. Not that there was a lot of competition anyways.

I notice you two like The Rock more than A View to a Kill.

Props to Billy for 2001 - Donnie Darko is a kickass movie. BTW, Billy, you gave an honorable mention for 2000, but didn't mention Gladiator, which would be my runner-up to The Patriot. Very similar movies, in many respects, but Patriot definitely edges out Gladiator.

Lastly, I don't like Silence of the Lambs, so you all need to keep fishing for 1991...

I notice you two like The Rock more than A View to a Kill.

Props to Billy for 2001 - Donnie Darko is a kickass movie. BTW, Billy, you gave an honorable mention for 2000, but didn't mention Gladiator, which would be my runner-up to The Patriot. Very similar movies, in many respects, but Patriot definitely edges out Gladiator.

Lastly, I don't like Silence of the Lambs, so you all need to keep fishing for 1991...
Pitch Black got an honorable from me because it's not a well known movie, but still incredibly kick ass. Gladiator, which was my 2nd choice, is very well known and thus did not need to be mentioned.

Pitch Black got an honorable from me because it's not a well known movie, but still incredibly kick ass. Gladiator, which was my 2nd choice, is very well known and thus did not need to be mentioned.

Gotcha. BTW, I meant to say A Time to Kill, not the Bond movie...

Also, Red Dawn is a horrible movie, why are they remaking it???

Gotcha. BTW, I meant to say A Time to Kill, not the Bond movie...

Also, Red Dawn is a horrible movie, why are they remaking it???
Because Red Dawn is one of the greatest movies ever. Now, in case you have forgotten, America ends that way ================>

That's like saying Plan 9 from Outer Space is a great movie because its so bad. Its entertaining, but it still sucks! And I didn't even find Red Dawn to be entertaining...

BTW, go to Google and type in "America ends that way" (make sure you use the quotes). Its awesome!!

The Blind side
of course Pinnapple Express YUM!!
Half Baked
Saving Private Ryan
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Pulp Fiction

Yeah, there's a huge reason for that:

A Few Good Men = great movie
Unforgiven = not a great movie

The latter is a brilliant retooling of the western genre, and Eastwood did a remarkable job on it, but it really is overrated. If you want a modern western that is far superior, try Open Range...
I guess that would explain why A few good men won the acadamy award for best picture that year. Oh wait! That was Unforgiven!

Tom Cruise is a B actor with a pretty face.

First off, Platoon sucked but Titanic was a GREAT film? Second, when I saw that titanic made your list I immediately scanned down the list to see that your 2005 pick HAD to be Brokeback Mountain.

I guess that would explain why A few good men won the acadamy award for best picture that year. Oh wait! That was Unforgiven!

Tom Cruise is a B actor with a pretty face.
A few good men was a good movie IN SPITE of Tom Cruise. The guy would have to work hard to get a B Actor rating.

First off, Platoon sucked but Titanic was a GREAT film? Second, when I saw that titanic made your list I immediately scanned down the list to see that your 2005 pick HAD to be Brokeback Mountain.

Platoon was the shit playa

Stoners vs rednecks, poor vs rich

classic one liner "Rich been getten over on the poor for ever, always has always will"

Platoon sucked. I want to see The Fly someday, because its the film that made Jeff Goldblum a success, and because I hear its really good, and better than the original.
You didn't like either Platoon or Unforgiven? Are you a Michael Jackson fan too?

Groundhog Day, Being There, Raising Arizona, Boxing Helena, Mad Mad mad world, Pink Panther movies, How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. Wise comedy is the best we can make of this world.
THe first 3 are excellent choices. The other three were before 1986. I have a hunch 3D wouldn't care for "Being There". Bill Murry should have won the Acadamy award for best actor for Groundhog day!

THe first 3 are excellent choices. The other three were before 1986. I have a hunch 3D wouldn't care for "Being There". Bill Murry should have won the Acadamy award for best actor for Groundhog day!

Being There came out in 1979 shortly before Peter Sellers died and Boxing Helena was definitely post 1986, 1993 to be precise.

Last edited:
Back