Bill

Hey all, I am fine. Been hiking & enjoying life, warming up, kind of a per-retirement joy ride..:)

And thanks so much for the kind words & thoughts...

I am kinda in the middle of the valley & quite safe- no fires in this area.

Hey all, I am fine. Been hiking & enjoying life, warming up, kind of a per-retirement joy ride..:)

Was about to start a search and rescue effort Wild Bill. Glad to hear you are finestkind!

So glad to have you back, and know you're okay. Stop scaring us. lol

Was about to start a search and rescue effort Wild Bill. Glad to hear you are finestkind!

:laugh::laugh: Thanks.....

Doing well.. Been taking more time off~last week went over to east bay hills to the redwoods, kayaking, up to Echo Lake by Tahoe & a couple foothill hikes.

What you been up to??

Glad to see you've been enjoying life. Any snow up in the mountains yet?

Oh yea, where I went snow shoeing is about 7,500+ ft the lake is freezing & risk takers are ice skating on it already... There was about 4ft, but it rained & it is back down to about 3ft.......

You prob already had plenty of snow...??

Oh yea, where I went snow shoeing is about 7,500+ ft the lake is freezing & risk takers are ice skating on it already... There was about 4ft, but it rained & it is back down to about 3ft.......

You prob already had plenty of snow...??

Yes, we're ahead so far for the season.... got about a foot and a half on the ground here, more in the eastern part of the U.P. It's beautiful!

Doing well.. Been taking more time off~last week went over to east bay hills to the redwoods, kayaking, up to Echo Lake by Tahoe & a couple foothill hikes.

What you been up to??

Sounds like good adventures! Not much with me. Might make it home for Christmas. Could not make Thanksgiving.

What you been up to??

We're heading up to the West Shore in Tahoe for New Year's. My daughter just turned three, will be her first time seeing snow. Fired up for that.

It is good to see you around, chap

Yes, we're ahead so far for the season.... got about a foot and a half on the ground here, more in the eastern part of the U.P. It's beautiful!

Does that move around still?? Dry snow?? Drifts?? We get powder on occasion, but usually it is wet & other than the higher elevations (Like close to 10,000) we have a freeze-thaw going which makes it harder & more dangerous for avalanche..

Where I went a few days ago they have a cannon which sets off explosives & breaks them up before they get very dangerous..

Sounds like good adventures! Not much with me. Might make it home for Christmas. Could not make Thanksgiving.

Hope you can make it.:) one of these years I am gonna skip out & go to Hawaii or something....... It's on my list. :)

We're heading up to the West Shore in Tahoe for New Year's. My daughter just turned three, will be her first time seeing snow. Fired up for that.

Awesome but you better bring chains it might be snowing~ suppose to snow on the 25th & 26th & on/off again as far out as 10 days..

I am going up on the 27th for some snowshoeing & hopefully it isn't snowing..

She will have a blast..

I am not sure exactly where that is?? Tahoe city??, Tahoma?? or down by south shore?? You go up 50 or 80??

Awesome but you better bring chains it might be snowing~ suppose to snow on the 25th & 26th & on/off again as far out as 10 days..

I am going up on the 27th for some snowshoeing & hopefully it isn't snowing..

She will have a blast..

I am not sure exactly where that is?? Tahoe city??, Tahoma?? or down by south shore?? You go up 50 or 80??

We’re between Tahoe City and Homewood along the Lake. We take 80 to get there. Go past Alpine, Squaw and then Tahoe City.

Thanks for the heads up on the weather. I haven’t been paying attention

Bill!!! Glad to see you again, we were worried about you.

Does that move around still?? Dry snow?? Drifts?? We get powder on occasion, but usually it is wet & other than the higher elevations (Like close to 10,000) we have a freeze-thaw going which makes it harder & more dangerous for avalanche..

Where I went a few days ago they have a cannon which sets off explosives & breaks them up before they get very dangerous..

Our first couple of snows are usually the wet heavy stuff, then it transitions to light and fluffy as it gets colder. Do you have a lot of ski resorts close by?

Back