Boehner blinks!

SO. is there a CR in place as of now???? Else why would the gov't be force to shut down?? over the debt ceiling?

*hijacking this thread* LOL

There is not a CR in place, that is why the gvt is closed. The debt ceiling is a different set of circumstances with the same basic issues. The timing of when we reach the debt ceiling is more amorphous and will occur around the 15th and we will default on some bond payments on the 18th. Defaulting due to government gridlock would likely cause huge financial turmoil and another downgrade in our credit rating.

No. The fiscal year ends on the 30th of September, and because the Senate and House did not pass a budget there is no authorization to spend for the new fiscal year.
OK. so the CR is the stopgap budget, since we don't pass appropriations bills anymore...only in DC would this be 'reconcilable', as not mind spinning madness

The people are going crazy to get Obamacare. It's here to stay no matter how much the rabid right froths at the mouth.

Congratulations America from your commie pinko neighbours to the north!

i've always said that both parties are just different sides of the same coin. there's no amount of money that they can't agree on spending, no matter how much it is.

the republican party fucks things up yet again and what do YOU do?

give the dems half the blame.

why is it when the Rs fuck up people say "oh those two partys" but when the desm fuck up its all about "oh those dems"?

stop being dishonest.

not having a budget for four years is pretty stupid......

then quit pretending it was the purpose of the republican party to keep government from functioning.

Republicans get elected by saying government doesn't work and then while in office they try to prove it by destroying any attempts to govern.

You don't hire they guy who says he hates kids and they should all be dead to babysit your toddler

Allowing congress, big business and unions exemptions is really stupid

Congress does not have an exemption, I don't know about big business and unions, your lie about Congress makes me dubious about your other claims. But if they are true exemptions, without a good reason... I agree with you.

Ya, that is what I said. Still and all,you are all up in arms to get those weeks in, right?

I want them to vote to fund the govt for the next year. And to raise the debt limit for a year.

They can't even pass a clean bill for six weeks. They're idiots.

Congress does not have an exemption, I don't know about big business and unions, your lie about Congress makes me dubious about your other claims. But if they are true exemptions, without a good reason... I agree with you.

Congress and members of their family are exempt. Their staff are not. They were doing a Q&A on Obamacare yesterday on local news and that was asked.

Congress and members of their family are exempt. Their staff are not. They were doing a Q&A on Obamacare yesterday on local news and that was asked.

There was a townhall meeting with Mark Begich yesterday and he said he and his staff must buy insurance from the exchanges.

What do you mean by exempt? I don't think you understand what Obamacare is.

It's clear now that Obama has snuck in a single payer plan and that is "COMMUNISM".

Congratulations America for getting a proper health care system the same as Canada's!

Back