Bullying?

leaningright

conservative democrat
Staff member
I've got a serious question. Please don't let it devolve into some perverted mess or I'll delete the thread.

Does calling a 5th - 6th grade kid "Chewbacca" because her mom (parent, guardian, etc.) hasn't taught her to shave her legs constitute "bullying?"

Does calling a 9th - 10th grade boy "Shaggy" (as in from Scooby Doo) constitute bullying because his dad hasn't taught him to shave yet constitute "bullying?"

Serious answers only, please.

I've got a serious question. Please don't let it devolve into some perverted mess or I'll delete the thread.

Does calling a 5th - 6th grade kid "Chewbacca" because her mom (parent, guardian, etc.) hasn't taught her to shave her legs constitute "bullying?"

Does calling a 9th - 10th grade boy "Shaggy" (as in from Scooby Doo) constitute bullying because his dad hasn't taught him to shave yet constitute "bullying?"

First yes, second no.

I think name calling is a form of bullying.

It might depend on the spirit of how it is offered. Shaggy can be a friendly term or nick name for someone with a lot of hair. I cannot imagine any way that calling a girl Chewbacca is ever offered in a friendly nick-name kind of way.

These things are never 100% black and white.

Yes to both... neither one of those is their given name...

Bah! What kind of pussies are growing up today?

We called one girl's sister Magilla Gorilla because she didn't shave her hairy ass legs or That 70s pussy.

The way we behave at work towards peers and co-workers is the gold standard children should be taught to emulate while attending school.

attempts to shame someone because of a disapproval of looks is bullying..............end of story

Yes although most bullying definitions include it being repeated behavior.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/bullying
Bullying is a distinctive pattern of repeatedly and deliberately harming and humiliating others, specifically those who are smaller, weaker, younger or in any way more vulnerable than the bully. The deliberate targeting of those of lesser power is what distinguishes bullying from garden-variety aggression.

I think name calling is a form of bullying.

It might depend on the spirit of how it is offered. Shaggy can be a friendly term or nick name for someone with a lot of hair. I cannot imagine any way that calling a girl Chewbacca is ever offered in a friendly nick-name kind of way.

These things are never 100% black and white.

Yes, name-calling is bullying especially if it's repeated name-calling intend to demean or harm, even if only emotionally.

It can be depending on frequency. It's done once no big foul it's youth being youth. Continual harassment of a high frequency would definitely be bullying though.

I have to call bullshit on that. When i was growing up we were merciless on one another and there were no school shootings.

I was bullied a lot as well and I never shot up a school, much to Doc Dutch's sorrow........but we are a different generation........stronger, thicker skin. Gen Z is not because of their fucked up parents.

Neither of them is nice but its not bullying. What Chewbacca and Shaggy need to do is learn to make that shrieking noise and say, "Hey, Scoob". When the other kids realize the names don't bother them they will find some other target.

I was bullied a lot as well and I never shot up a school, much to Doc Dutch's sorrow........but we are a different generation........stronger, thicker skin. Gen Z is not because of their fucked up parents.

I think everyone was at one time or another. He's a maggot. I agree on both counts.

I am going to say- YOU BET YOUR ASS- It is bullying!

We went through all of this in the 60's when boys started wearing longer hair, and REDNECK ASSHOLES called them girls!

And you being a school teacher you should already know the answer to your question.

Let's just hope you are not the one doing the Bullying in your school!

Next!

Last edited:

1. The first is clearly bullying, but mom isn't up to her job, clearly.
The Gestapo made sure our daughter knew what she needed to know well before she needed to know it.

2. I grew long sideburns in 8th grade, age 13, to the chagrin of my dad,
but I did shave my cute cleft chin not to push him too far.

Not sure why a boy needs to be taught how to shave.
It's really not that hard. Conservative parents may have to TELL him to shave, however.
Doesn't really seem like bullying, but maybe you have to be there. It's hard to say, Rev.

The vast majority of this new generation haven’t and won’t shoot up a school.

Back