Bullying?

Call my daughter "Chewbacca" in my hearing range in any other than a massively obvious joke and you may be likely to find that there is someone within hearing that might want to hurt you.

Calling someone "Shaggy", that one would depend on the intent. If you are trying to shame him into magically learning to shave then you are an a double s... and it is bullying.

Call my daughter "Chewbacca" in my hearing range in any other than a massively obvious joke and you may be likely to find that there is someone within hearing that might want to hurt you.

The sword of Damocles is going to drop eventually; I guess that's a way to speed things up!

I agree with you Damo, but would a daughter of yours not know how to groom herself properly?
Not doing so is no excuse for bullies, I totally agree,
but not teaching her is definitely exposing her to potential bullies, no?

Yep, that is all a school needs is some kind of echo chamber for the BULLIES!

There are several reasons why people bully. Stone, Uncensored2008 and a few others share several of these traits:

https://www.verywellmind.com/common-reasons-why-people-bully-5496259
7 Common Reasons Why People Bully
Plus effective ways to deal with bullies.

• They Have Emotional Trauma
  • They’re Insecure
  • They’ve Been Bullied
  • It’s Learned Behavior
  • They Have Poor Social Skills
  • They Feel Anonymous
  • They Lack Empathy

The sword of Damocles is going to drop eventually; I guess that's a way to speed things up!

I agree with you Damo, but would a daughter of yours not know how to groom herself properly?
Not doing so is no excuse for bullies, I totally agree,
but not teaching her is definitely exposing her to potential bullies, no?

I think you may be confused as to who wielded the Sword of Damocles and who it threatened. The Sword was held above the head of Damocles held only by one single hair that could break at any moment. Dionysius was making a point of the fortunes of men who have power.

There are several reasons why people bully. Stone, Uncensored2008 and a few others share several of these traits:

https://www.verywellmind.com/common-reasons-why-people-bully-5496259
7 Common Reasons Why People Bully
Plus effective ways to deal with bullies.

• They Have Emotional Trauma
  • They’re Insecure
  • They’ve Been Bullied
  • It’s Learned Behavior
  • They Have Poor Social Skills
  • They Feel Anonymous
  • They Lack Empathy

I was a pretty good kid overall, but I did have a little mean streak in me, and it got me into trouble every time I acted on it.

And I am sure, it came from one or more of the things on that list!

Thanks!

I think you may be confused as to who wielded the Sword of Damocles and who it threatened. The Sword was held above the head of Damocles held only by one single hair that could break at any moment. Dionysius was making a point of the fortunes of men who have power.

YUP. Forget all of that. Shame on me.

I definitely had you pegged more as a perpetrator than a potential victim, Damo.

and in certain circumstances, you'll find yourself surrounded by numerous men willing to show you exactly what bullying is for real

If they're much like you, STY, I'm betting on Damo.

i'm imagining you think you were trying to be cute about pedophilia...........and I do get that this tactic as a major go to for weakling fucks like you to go to as a way to deflect any negative shit coming your way........

do yourself a favor an simply apologize for being a dipshit.............all is good.

i'm imagining you think you were trying to be cute about pedophilia...........and I do get that this tactic as a major go to for weakling fucks like you to go to as a way to deflect any negative shit coming your way........

do yourself a favor an simply apologize for being a dipshit.............all is good.

Looks like Niblick struck a nerve. Why do you think this has to do with pedophilia?

and in certain circumstances, you'll find yourself surrounded by numerous men willing to show you exactly what bullying is for real

Looks like gang behavior to me.

Calling someone "Shaggy", that one would depend on the intent. If you are trying to shame him into magically learning to shave then you are an a double s... and it is bullying.

Don’t mistake what I’m saying, and re-reading I see I wasn’t clear…this is a conversation between classmates. So it would have been another 5th or 6th grade girl. And the second illustration is of an exchange among students of the same age.

It can be depending on frequency. It's done once no big foul it's youth being youth. Continual harassment of a high frequency would definitely be bullying though.

This was my first though as well. I'm not justifying bad behavior but human beings (of all ages) say not nice things to each other, that's just reality. When someone does it multiple times/repeatedly that's bullying.

Don’t mistake what I’m saying, and re-reading I see I wasn’t clear…this is a conversation between classmates. So it would have been another 5th or 6th grade girl. And the second illustration is of an exchange among students of the same age.

It was clear to me it was kids name-calling others as most people on this thread seemed to know.

1. The first is clearly bullying, but mom isn't up to her job, clearly.
The Gestapo made sure our daughter knew what she needed to know well before she needed to know it.

2. I grew long sideburns in 8th grade, age 13, to the chagrin of my dad,
but I did shave my cute cleft chin not to push him too far.

Not sure why a boy needs to be taught how to shave.
It's really not that hard. Conservative parents may have to TELL him to shave, however.
Doesn't really seem like bullying, but maybe you have to be there. It's hard to say, Rev.

I tend to think along these lines on the two scenarios as well.

Here is where I am kind of going with this… Teachers are expected to police every exchange nowadays but the first exchange took place out of the hearing of the elementary teachers. Girl went home, told her mother and mom is on FB complaining about teachers. It is bullying, IMO, but somehow those teachers have to be made aware of the exchange.

The second was an exchange among high school boys last year. Nothing ever grew out of it but that exchange was used as an example of bullying and IMO it was just some banter and self-check on self-awareness among those HS boys.

To your last paragraph, nowadays most kids seem to have to be taught to do almost everything. I had a beard when I wanted one from the time I was a sophomore until I graduated. Around here when October rolled around it was time to grow a beard to get ready for deer season. I was one of two in HS at the time who could do it. My parents didn’t care.

Now my boy has a beard, pony tail and ear ring. Probably have a tattoo next. I would never have the latter three (nor do I condemn them) but I’m not him and his generation is much different than mine. It’s not my world anymore.

But back to the bullying thing, that is the hardest thing to detect and enforce.

Back