Christmas food

I went fishing for crawdads once with a crew I was stationed with. Mean little bastards! I will tell you LR, freshwater fishing is immensely more difficult that saltwater. You actually need some skill for freshwater!

I love getting to fish saltwater. Doesn't happen often lately. Had a cousin live down on the gulf in Texas back in the 90's (he now lives 1/4 mi from me) who I used to go visit. We'd fish in the bays and go offshore some. Loved it.

Before and after:

ooCzxF1.jpg

Explains a lot.

I want me some wild boar.
Been planning a hunt for years.
The big news out here is wild turkey.
They are everywhere.

Man, our wild turkey have diminished over the past 10 years. We have had a rise in the number of predators (big cats and coyotes) as well as wild (feral) pigs during that time. I look forward to a time when the turkeys make a comeback...and I believe they will. There's not much better wild meat than wild turkey. I hope Mott doesn't get after me for this but the best way to prepare it is to slice the breast and make schnitzel. Good stuff, Maynard. Really good.

Man, our wild turkey have diminished over the past 10 years. We have had a rise in the number of predators (big cats and coyotes) as well as wild (feral) pigs during that time. I look forward to a time when the turkeys make a comeback...and I believe they will. There's not much better wild meat than wild turkey. I hope Mott doesn't get after me for this but the best way to prepare it is to slice the breast and make schnitzel. Good stuff, Maynard. Really good.

Large runs of the out here.
20 birds or more or 7-8 flocks.
Right in suburbia though. Semi-domesticated. Friend wave about deepfrying the entire bird in peanut oil.

Warmer winters coupled with more deforestation have made for the same issues here. They're always in the road, or eating the landscaping in neighborhoods that border wooded areas.

No...well...that may be true but the real reason was too many Republicans were accidentally shooting each other. Which is probably what local Democrats were thinking when they voted to approve the rule change.

no actually that sound pretty good.

Well...he said it was some sort of punishment/ritual for gaining access to his inbred family.

Personally, I would have demanded that my future MIL suck my cock. In front of everyone as they were being forced to eat swine head meatloaf.
Not a family I would have joined! Head cheese, yuck!

Large runs of the out here.
20 birds or more or 7-8 flocks.
Right in suburbia though. Semi-domesticated. Friend wave about deepfrying the entire bird in peanut oil.

There are a punt load more turkeys out here. I certainly never remember seeing as many growing up. What do you think is bring them in Cap?

There are a punt load more turkeys out here. I certainly never remember seeing as many growing up. What do you think is bring them in Cap?

Not sure Sailor.
They got a toehold somehow.
Also have seen two bald eagles and a host of other large raptors.
Maybe the ban on DDT is finaly panning out.

I want me some wild boar.
Been planning a hunt for years.
The big news out here is wild turkey.
They are everywhere.

Come to Michigan, we have too many, it's the only game that we can shoot 24/7/365 and you don't even need a license.

Did a little research Cap.
Mass Fish and Wildlife trapped 37 wild turkeys in upstate NY in 1971and released them in the Berkshires.
The action was subsequently repeated, trapping Berkshire county turkeys and placing them in 12 other counties including Barnstable (two release sites)
It is considered to be a huge conservation success.

Did a little research Cap.
Mass Fish and Wildlife trapped 37 wild turkeys in upstate NY in 1971and released them in the Berkshires.
The action was subsequently repeated, trapping Berkshire county turkeys and placing them in 12 other counties including Barnstable (two release sites)
It is considered to be a huge conservation success.

Much appreciate that Cap!

Back