Coffee snobs vs. Beer snobs

zappasguitar

So as I read with growing concern about WM's potential poisoning, I noted many posts touting how much better fresh ground is over pre-ground from a can, and it got me wondering...

Who is more annoying, coffee snobs and their "whole bean/grind it fresh/latte sipping" snootiness, or beer snobs and their "microbrew/Pabst sucks" attitude?

So as I read with growing concern about WM's potential poisoning, I noted many posts touting how much better fresh ground is over pre-ground from a can, and it got me wondering...

Who is more annoying, coffee snobs and their "whole bean/grind it fresh/latte sipping" snootiness, or beer snobs and their "microbrew/Pabst sucks" attitude?
I am both, so I am a living hell to be around!

French Press the only way to brew with fresh ground beans! Heaven!

don't get me wrong, I love the fresh ground stuff on occasion, but when I'm running late in the morning, A steaming pot of Folgers gets me moving just as good as any fancy fresh ground "snoffee".

Did I just come up with a new name for coffee snobs?

Last edited:
don't get me wrong, I love the fresh ground stuff on occasion, but when I'm running late in the morning, A steaming pot of Folgers gets me moving just as good as any fancy fresh ground "snoffee".

Did I just come up with a new name for coffee snobs?
My folks have Folgers' every morning for the last 65 years. I know my roots! I will have a cup of Joe, but my girlfriend, it is Starbucks or nothing. We were in the Antique Capital of the World in California and went into this coffee shop and she watched the girl make the drink and then she didn't want to order anymore! I drank mine, it was just what I needed and I was great! She was grumpy till we got to a town with a Starbucks!

I am at home in the morning, so I have all the time I need! The grands help make it!

I am getting tired of one friend who bemoans my coffee drinking, but my folks have drank over a pot a day for most of their lives and they are older than most folks, so I tell her, it is my elixir!

I love my better beers, but I will enjoy a cold bud or coors too.

But my coffee has to be dark roast or at least strong.

So, no contest, I am more annoying about my "snoffee" than I am about beer.

I'll pour out crappy coffee, but I'll still drink cold pabst.

I love my better beers, but I will enjoy a cold bud or coors too.

But my coffee has to be dark roast or at least strong.

So, no contest, I am more annoying about my "snoffee" than I am about beer.

I'll pour out crappy coffee, but I'll still drink cold pabst.
A cold beer, at times, doesn't matter what it is! Like in the backyard in Kansas when the humidity is 88% and the temperature is over 100!

A cold beer, at times, doesn't matter what it is! Like in the backyard in Kansas when the humidity is 88% and the temperature is over 100!

EXACTLY...when you're facing conditions like that, the only prerequisite is that the beer needs to be C-O-L-D!

Likewise when I'm visiting the inlaws in the mountains of Colorado. ANY coffee tastes great when you're just waking up, it's 30-40 degrees outside and you're standing on the deck w/a mug of H-O-T coffee, greeting the sun.

Folgers is good, but my sis is a coffee snob and she had some ground stuff from hawaii that was the bomb.

I can't speak for anyone else, but on my part it's not snobbery, I just like my coffee a certain way -- strong, aromatic, full flavored, and unadulterated. The only way to get it that way is to grind it myself and make the strength as I want. I have no opinion as to whatever someone else might like, and don't judge that either.

It is, however, common knowledge that unlike teapots, coffee paraphernalia must be absolutely clean when you start or the result can be disastrous.

I can't speak for anyone else, but on my part it's not snobbery, I just like my coffee a certain way -- strong, aromatic, full flavored, and unadulterated. The only way to get it that way is to grind it myself and make the strength as I want. I have no opinion as to whatever someone else might like, and don't judge that either.

It is, however, common knowledge that unlike teapots, coffee paraphernalia must be absolutely clean when you start or the result can be disastrous.
Absolutely!

look it's honestly not elitest to say that bud light or natural ice sucks. it really shouldn't even be up for debate.

סּ_סּ;529159 said:
look it's honestly not elitest to say that bud light or natural ice sucks. it really shouldn't even be up for debate.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. ANY beer can taste good...it all depends on the circumstances.

If you've been mowing the yard all day and you're dying of thirst, an ice cold Bud light might hit the spot. of course you're not drinking it for it's taste, only because of it's thirst quenchability.

Naturally people would choose something more to their liking, but when the weekend hits and you want to kill some brain cells, a cheap 12 pack gets the job done and saves you some bucks for lunch the next day.

i wont REFUSE to drink bud light. hell i have one on my desk right now cause that's what my brother bought one time. Im just not going to go out of my way for it

If you're going to consume the calories then why drink shit like light beer? I have no problem drink a regular Bud and they make some awesome brands (American Ale is one, and they have a dark beer that I can't get here) but come on people have some respect for your waist lines.

Back