Coffee snobs vs. Beer snobs

Pretty much the same with me. A few are pretty bad though.
I just brew Maxwell house from the vacuum bag at home.
It gets dumped into a sealed cannister after opening the bag. Not many cans anymore.
I have the bitter gene so I have to use a lot of sugar to drink coffee.

Some nutz even like McDonalds coffee.

I guess I am a nut. McCafe coffee is quite palatable. Not the regular McDonalds though. Yuch!

I like coffee, I like beer. I prefer good coffee, I prefer good beer.

I'll drink either, but if the good stuff is available I drink that.

I cannot stand weak coffee. I love freshly ground, rich, dark, strong coffee. Especially when made with good water in my coffee press.

But when I don't feel like going to the effort, the Folgers Black Silk makes a decent cup of coffee.

The greatest technological advance in my lifetime has been the ability to pour the first cup of drip-coffee before the pot has finished brewing. In the mornings I don't want to wait.

I cannot stand weak coffee. I love freshly ground, rich, dark, strong coffee. Especially when made with good water in my coffee press.

But when I don't feel like going to the effort, the Folgers Black Silk makes a decent cup of coffee.

The greatest technological advance in my lifetime has been the ability to pour the first cup of drip-coffee before the pot has finished brewing. In the mornings I don't want to wait.

I used to love coffee and drank far too much every day but in the last two years I have rediscovered the superior taste of a good tea. It is a shame that Americans, in the main, appear ignorant to tea's benefits over coffee. Most notably its antiseptic and antioxidant properties and the fact that it more refreshing and doesn't leave an aftertaste like coffee.

I used to love coffee and drank far too much every day but in the last two years I have rediscovered the superior taste of a good tea. It is a shame that Americans, in the main, appear ignorant to tea's benefits over coffee. Most notably its antiseptic and antioxidant properties and the fact that it more refreshing and doesn't leave an aftertaste like coffee.

I love a good cuppa. And, being southern, I love my iced tea (house wine of the south).

But there is no way I could replace my coffee with flavored water.

I drink tea also. Earl Grey (which Low refers to as perfume), green tea and different herbal teas. In the morning, though, nothing kicks butt like a big steaming mug of hot coffee.

Pretty much the same with me. A few are pretty bad though.
I just brew Maxwell house from the vacuum bag at home.
It gets dumped into a sealed cannister after opening the bag. Not many cans anymore.
I have the bitter gene so I have to use a lot of sugar to drink coffee.

Some nutz even like McDonalds coffee.

Yep, regular Maxwell and also the French Roast from time to time. And hey, Mickey D changed their coffee and now have a much better blend, very good, IMO.

You mentioned the bitter gene. When I was in HS the biology teacher had each student put a small piece of treated paper on the tongue and it was to let you know about your ability to taste bitter substances. I couldn't taste anything, so I guess that means I don't have the bitter gene.

I drink tea also. Earl Grey (which Low refers to as perfume), green tea and different herbal teas. In the morning, though, nothing kicks butt like a big steaming mug of hot coffee.

I agree with Low, I have never understood the appeal of Earl Grey. There is nothing to match a good English Breakfast tea in the morning. I'll send you some if you like, you'll never drink hot perfumed water again.

i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to kill you, starbucks is the best and there is simply no need for further discussion on this matter :)

LOL. Starbucks was giving free coffee on Election Day if you showed your stub so I went over to try it again and it still sucked.

Now I'm entering the witness protection program.

I agree with Low, I have never understood the appeal of Earl Grey. There is nothing to match a good English Breakfast tea in the morning. I'll send you some if you like, you'll never drink hot perfumed water again.

I'm game. One of my sons swears by Irish Breakfast tea, but I haven't tried it yet.

I drank tea exclusively when in England and got used to it, but reverted right back to coffee after returning home.

Back