College football - off season chatter

The post-spring game rankings for SEC teams is out. They also ranked positions.

Alabama has the #1 ranked defense, the #2 RB, the #3 ranked QB, and the #3 ranked wide receiver.

Can't wait till the season starts!!!

Wisconsin didn't ask for what they are going to get!
Johnny football is currently ranked 25 on kippers big board
That will plummet when nick shows what happens in rematches where he's game planned for a year!

I am looking forward to see what OSU does this year. They should be in the top few teams.
Well we're obviously the overwhelming favorite to win the Leaders (east) division.

I'm glad that they've switched to a 9 game conference schedule. That means we'll have to play one national caliber program and one in State cake walk. Should mean higher strength of schedule ratings and higher poll ratings based on a thougher schedule. I'm glad to see it going this way. It sucks paying the kinda money you have too these days just to see them play The Akron Zips.

If not for the probation, they would have beaten Notre Dame like a redheaded stepchild.

They aren't on probation for the 2013 season are they? I'd love to see The Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide meet for the BCS Championship.
Ohio State isn't my alma matter. I worked there as a research assistant for a few years though.

If not for the probation, they would have beaten Notre Dame like a redheaded stepchild.

They aren't on probation for the 2013 season are they? I'd love to see The Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide meet for the BCS Championship.
A lot of people are expecting big things out of the Buckeyes this year. Possibly too much. Our offense should be scary good though.

A lot of people are expecting big things out of the Buckeyes this year. Possibly too much. Our offense should be scary good though.

The expectations for Bama are pretty high too. I'm worried about replacing that offensive line, but the rest of the offense should also be scary good. The defense has (supposedly) shored up the holes against the pass that hurt us last year. We could be back in the big game, but there is a LOT of tough football to be played before then.

The first commit to the Crimson Tide for 2014 is a D-lineman. The kid is 6'2", weighs 320 and runs a 4.9 40. Now 4.9 is not impressive for a receiver or RB. But a 300+ pound lineman?? YEAH!!

Ok, we are closing in on the opening of the 2013 College Football season!!

Who do you think will end up in the big game this year? Will the SEC continue to dominate?

Of course I am unashamedly a fan of the Crimson Tide. So I am calling them for the BCS Championship game. I think it will be Bama and Ohio State for the crystal football.

Looks like the Seahawks will be more exciting this year, but I will have to see what Kelly has in store for the Irish. Perhaps we can make a run at the Rose or Fiesta Bowls.

The off season chatter is that my team isn't going to be very good. I'll still give 'email the good old rah, rah, rah though. Maybe we can pull out a win over Texas ... that helps when you're down. :)

USA Today released their Coaches Poll.

Could be a great year!

Rank Team Points
1. Alabama 1,545 (58)
2. Ohio State 1,427 (3)
3. Oregon 1,397
4. Stanford 1,262
5. Georgia 1,250
6. Texas A&M 1,215 (1)
7. South Carolina 1,136
8. Clemson 1,047
9. Louisville 1,010