College football - off season chatter

Meanwhile, the Nazis have given Johnny Foosball a ½ game suspension. Way to make sense, chaps! :hand:

:indeed:
Boy that stinks too high heaven. Two poor kids likeTyrelle Pryor and Dan Herron get suspended for trading swag for tats. Johnny Football comes from a wealthy oil family who organized a series of lucrative autograph signings, a more aggregious offense, can afford to hire an attourney and he gets a half game suspension? Something really stinks about that.

I've never even heard of fractional suspensions. I guess fracking really is in vogue right now!

Do you think Pryor has taken the job from Flynn?

My inlaws took a bus trip to see the Penn State/Syracuse game today....then they stay overnight in NYC and go to the Yankees/Orioles game tomorrow before returning home.

It will be interesting to see what Bill O'Brian can arrange for this season. He did a nice job bouncing them back post scandal.

I agree. Especially when the players were given the chance to transfer. They lost a few of their best players. I haven't really been following their offseason news...I'm hoping that they have someone suitable to replace McGloin....who from what I heard a couple weeks ago, has a decent chance.of making the Raiders' roster.

Michigan players are dropping like flies here in the 4th quarter against Notre Dame.

Edit: Entertaining game though. The one time a year I root for Michigan.

Last edited:
Well, I could cry about the bullshit PI call, but there were so many dropped passes that I am going to yell more loudly at the receivers coach. Get those guys up to speed - you made Rees look bad out there!

S. Carolina and FL both went down. Now I just need for Bamer, LSU, and A&M to lose and I will be happy.
Bet South Carolina doesn't drop out of the top ten either. Just watch. No biggie.....They'll be losing more games....that's for sure. SEC west is probably the best division in college ball...time will tell. SEC east sucks. Georgia, South Carolina and Florida are mediocre to above average teams. Tennessee, Missou, Vandi and Kentucky suck. Vandi and Kentucky are mid major programs and Tenn and Missou are not much better.

The real question in the SEC this year is who wins the west. No one fears the east.

Last edited:
I am so tired of watching these kids drop the football before they cross the goal line. How dumb do you have to be? "Oh, let me get rid of this football so I can celebrate and look cool."

Missed that one. Got in from my boy's football practice and was watching the NE/Jets game. Flipped it to SEC netwo....er..a..ESPN just in time to see a Texas Tech player drop the ball before crossing the goal line on a TD that would have pretty much iced the game. Bizarre stuff in that game.

Back