Comrades

Just eliminated some white noise.

Today, 02:47 PM
USFREEDOM911

Dark Triad Member
This message is hidden because USFREEDOM911 is on your ignore list.

Today, 06:32 PM
The Dude

Verified User
This message is hidden because The Dude is on your ignore list.

Took you long enough. I'm going to start ignoring EVERYONE until they prove they're worthy of my attention.

It's not because the bikes shitty, when you ride a bike further than around your block (and me and my uncle have taken this bike hundreds if not thousands of miles), sometimes shit happens, you don't jump over to Wal-Mart and buy a new $150 bike every time that happens unless you're a prole.
My bad water, I assumed you already bagged 100,000 job
I just gave my son my 600 k2 road bike ( chain never came off)

Took you long enough. I'm going to start ignoring EVERYONE until they prove they're worthy of my attention.

I've been sleeping pretty well for the part few months, and exercising. So I've Ben in a pretty good mood. But then my bike broke, and I've been adjusting my sleeping schedule and sleeping poorly for the past couple of days, so I'm back to good old watermark, with all the patience of Stalin.

At this rate, across America isn't going to happen anyway, and I'm already reducing my goal to a couple day trip to the Mississippi or something like that before getting a job. The injury and bike failure have already taken too much time, it's already getting too cold to ride.
Don't whimp out now Skidmark! Where's your nads!!

Don't whimp out now Skidmark! Where's your nads!!

*sigh*

This is probably just short term dejection. I'm going to take my bike over to my dad's, and we're going to do some repair work. Then I might take some of the longer rides I've been talking about but have been kept from taking by disaster. Then, we'll see. I've probably lost a shit ton of gains from all this time sitting on my ass. And the cold is a tougher enemy than the heat.

Actually he's kinda right. If your wheel doesn't have a quick release it's probably a shitty wheel. Unless it's a fixed gear bike.

Conti top touring 2000:

conti_toptouring2000_angle_05_m.jpg

One thing I loved about that mountain bike was its disc brakes. The v-brakes on my Hercules are impossible to adjust right (I probably need to true the tires, though).

It's not because the bikes shitty, when you ride a bike further than around your block (and me and my uncle have taken this bike hundreds if not thousands of miles), sometimes shit happens, you don't jump over to Wal-Mart and buy a new $150 bike every time that happens unless you're a prole.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but you shouldn't go riding long distance on a $150 bike. New, a decent road bike starts around $800, but you can find them used for half of that.

Maybe I should just put some road bike tires on the 1000 Euro mountain bike and call it a day. It's got a back rack, and it's pretty light.
You mean road bike wheels and if you ride exclusively on the road then that may not be a bad idea...though the wheels you have look all right to me.

If you decide you want to upgrade to a real road bike let me know. I have an old Scwhinn Paramount that's in great shape that I'm looking to sell. It's tange prestige frameset with ultegra 6400 components. It's a 54 cm frame. I put new high end wheels on it last year. The front is a custom built wheel with an ultegra hub and the rear wheel is a DT Swiss with a Shimano 105 hub. It's a $500 wheelset. I also upgraded the stem to an OS-99 carbon fiber stem. Here's a pic I took of it a few years ago with the old wheels on it that I have replaced as described above.

If your interested PM me and I can give you further detail and pricing.

002-6.jpg

Last edited:
Back