Comrades

Well, now I'm camping Airey lake. I rode all the way our here to practice camping alone. Now it's getting dark. I should have brought fire making materials. I also forgot my blanket, so tonight I sleep on nylon, with no cushion but grass, and no pillow but my rolled up backpack. As well, I forgot my bike lock, so my bike currently occupies 2/3rd of my tent. On the bright side, this place has better 3g than my house. But as darkness descends, I'm trying to keep myself from googling something along the lines of "free campsite dangers". Hopefully the melatonin will kick in soon and I'll be asleep before full sundown. This is definitely the part I'm going to line least about long distance biking.

Hey, what's that noise? Guuuurrrfgffhhhhhh.... (end of watermark)

Just don't look into a mirror and say BLOODY MARY 3 times.
And don't forget that tomorrow is Friday the 13th.

J-J-J-JASON
J-J-J-JASON
J-J-J-JASON

I survived, although I only got 4 hours of sleep. My mom called my aunt, who came down with a blanket and firewood, so it was not quite as heroic an experience as I was expecting. It was so hot that I think I almost had a heat stroke. Eventually you get tired enough so that, instead of jumping every time you hear a twig snap because you think it's a bear, you're more like "Fuck off, bear, I'm trying to go to sleep".

I'm still probably dying in the coming societal collapse.

I was also woken by the crowing of roosters. Oddly enough, I've lived in a rural area for 24 years and never heard a rooster crow.

Ah, late rooster, surely you crow truest of them all.

Last edited:
Just don't look into a mirror and say BLOODY MARY 3 times.
And don't forget that tomorrow is Friday the 13th.

J-J-J-JASON
J-J-J-JASON
J-J-J-JASON

I actually developed a complex from doing this as a k id. I literally cannot look into mirrors in the dark anymore. I will always avert my eyes. I don't believe in any of that shit but it stuck with me, I just can't do it, starring into dark mirrors freaks me the fuck out.

I actually developed a complex from doing this as a k id. I literally cannot look into mirrors in the dark anymore. I will always avert my eyes. I don't believe in any of that shit but it stuck with me, I just can't do it, starring into dark mirrors freaks me the fuck out.

It's not just mirrors.
Remember - BETTLE JUICE, BETTLE JUICE, BETTLE JUICE.

Well, there's that and remember that Freddy can get you in your sleep.

Yeah, I have a problem with being in rooms with mirrors in the dark - my manifestation of bloody Mary just jumps out of dark mirrors. Sometimes, this extends into lighter settings, and I just can't bear to turn my back from the mirror at all, I'm sure that's precisely when she/it is going to get me. This has left me with what is surely one of the lamest of all phobias - fear of mirrors. It's not so bad these days, but it gets worse as I read more creepy and scary stuff. There was a week or two a few years back where I was addicted to reading internet creepypasta, it got so bad I literally couldn't walk into or by the bathroom.

Yeah, I have a problem with being in rooms with mirrors in the dark - my manifestation of bloody Mary just jumps out of dark mirrors. Sometimes, this extends into lighter settings, and I just can't bear to turn my back from the mirror at all, I'm sure that's precisely when she/it is going to get me. This has left me with what is surely one of the lamest of all phobias - fear of mirrors. It's not so bad these days, but it gets worse as I read more creepy and scary stuff. There was a week or two a few years back where I was addicted to reading internet creepypasta, it got so bad I literally couldn't walk into or by the bathroom.

You also need to watch out for doppelgangers; because one could disguise itself as your mom and being plotting to get rid of you.

Bloody Mary use to scare the shit out of me. I had the added guilt of being Catholic and not allowed to believe such nonsense. The nuns preached the evil of the Ouija board, too.

I also probably need to go to a bike shop and get it tuned up. For one thing, the bike tires aren't true. There's nothing I can do to keep them from rubbing on the brakes a little.

Back