Conservative Acquaintance Annoyingly Not Racist

That didn't make sense either. You must be high.

Of course it made sense to anyone sentient. We are indeed on the verge of civil unrest, the harbinger of civil war.

The thing is, with the purposeful cutting of the food stamp allotment, and the discontinuation of unemployment extensions it now becomes clear that the "political scientists" want unrest, welcome it, since they, of anybody would know that violence against society erupts when parents are unable to feed their children.

You are all astoundingly stupid in your actions and especially true conservatives such as yourself who blindly shovel money towards corporate shareholders (already wealthy) while denying the meanest basics of survival to an ever increasing proportion of the masses.

The selfishness of your stand, alone, never mind the anti-Christian aspects of it are staggering. To an objective outsider such as Iolo, the coming results are as clear as day. I suggest you keep your head under the sand, I am sure it is most comfortable there,

So what. You would laugh if Morey Amsterdam said shoehorn. You are a simpleton, so everything is funny to you, therefore, your opinion of what is funny is valueless.
Translation:
Blah, blah, you are a nice guy so I can say bad things about you without repercussion, blah, yer dumb!

Translation:
Blah, blah, you are a nice guy so I can say bad things about you without repercussion, blah, yer dumb!

Real translation; Cawacko, has had me on ignore for three years. He unjustly labelled me a troll and has rudely asked me not to post in threads he started.
Since I am clearly not a troll, and he chooses to treat me as one, I will take full advantage of his barring me from the inner circle of friends on this site, which I might have joined years ago, yet for his actions, so yes, I note his stupidity on occasion and announce it publicly to punish him.

That being the case, another glorious failure on your part. Perhaps if you knew the actual facts of the situation you would have been in a position to sit in judgement.

Of course, you could have asked me, but instead attempted to publicly shame me, an effort which entirely failed, I might add.

Actually, the legislation that Johnson signed was written by Republicans. Johnson new the tide had turned against his party's anti-civil rights views, and saw it as an opportunity to claim the high road for political gain. To quote Johnson: “I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for 200 years.”

The truth is as follows;
transparent.gif

[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif]THE GREAT SOCIETY[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,sans-serif] When John Gardner became the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, he was joining President Lyndon Johnson not just as a cabinet member, but as the engineer of his ambitious agenda of social reform known as the "Great Society."

In the wake of President Kennedy's assassination in 1963, a wave of sympathy and public support enabled President Johnson to pass a number of Kennedy Administration proposals including the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Building on this momentum, Johnson introduced his own vision for America: "the Great Society" -- in which America ended poverty, promoted equality, improved education, rejuvenated cities, and protected the environment. This became the blueprint for the most far-reaching agenda of domestic legislation since the New Deal -- legislation that has had a profound effect on American society.

Perhaps driven by his own humble beginnings, Johnson declared a "War on Poverty" as central to building the Great Society. In 1960, despite the prosperity of the times, almost one-quarter of all American families were living below the poverty line, and entire regions of the country, like central Appalachia, were bypassed by the economic growth of the postwar years. Moreover, technological advances in industry were also changing job requirements for American workers. The good-paying, unskilled jobs of the past were disappearing, and those without education and skills were being left behind.

The first piece of Great Society legislation, the Economic Opportunity Act 1964, tried to give people tools to get out of poverty. The bill created a Job Corps similar to the New Deal Civilian Conservation Corps; a domestic peace corps; a system for vocational training; and Head Start, a pre-school program designed to prepare children for success in public school. The bill also funded community action programs and extended loans to small businessmen and farmers.

Johnson's landslide re-election victory over Republican opponent Barry Goldwater in 1964 added to the momentum of Great Society reforms. Over the next four years, Johnson enacted a flurry of legislation. One of the most ambitious efforts was the establishment of Medicare to provide health care for America's senior citizens.

In 1964, 44 percent of seniors had no health care coverage, and with the medical bills that come with older age, this propelled many seniors into poverty. In fact, more than one in three Americans over 65 were living below the poverty line -- more than double the rate of those under 65. Medicare was an important and big change in American health care -- it was called the "biggest management job since the invasion of Normandy" -- and it was up to John Gardner to make it work. He helped shepherd Medicare to reality, and the results have been extraordinary: virtually all seniors now have health care, and the poverty rate for the elderly has fallen to approximately one in ten -- a rate lower than that of the general population. Along with Medicare, the Johnson Administration established the Medicaid program to provide health care to the poor.

Education reform was also an important part of Johnson's Great Society, and a particular passion of Gardner's. In 1964, 8 million American adults had not finished 5 years in school; more than 20 million had not finished eight years; and almost a quarter of the nation's population, around 54 million people, hadn't finished high school. In 1965, Congress passed the groundbreaking Elementary and Secondary Education Act which for the first time provided federal funding for education below the college level passed the Higher Education Act, which created a National Teachers Corps and provided financial assistance to students wishing to attend college.

Urban renewal and conservation was the third major component of the Great Society. Ever since the end of World War II, cities faced a shortage of good, affordable housing, At the same time, the suburbanization of America along with the changing economy meant that many businesses began to leave city centers, an exodus that was accelerated by urban rioting that began in earnest after the Watts riot in 1965 in Los Angeles, and continued throughout Johnson's term. As part of a response, Johnson signed the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965 that established the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and expanded funding for public housing. In addition, he provided aid to cities to rebuild blighted areas.

[/FONT]http://www.pbs.org/johngardner/chapters/4c.html

Of course it made sense to anyone sentient. We are indeed on the verge of civil unrest, the harbinger of civil war.

The thing is, with the purposeful cutting of the food stamp allotment, and the discontinuation of unemployment extensions it now becomes clear that the "political scientists" want unrest, welcome it, since they, of anybody would know that violence against society erupts when parents are unable to feed their children.

You are all astoundingly stupid in your actions and especially true conservatives such as yourself who blindly shovel money towards corporate shareholders (already wealthy) while denying the meanest basics of survival to an ever increasing proportion of the masses.

The selfishness of your stand, alone, never mind the anti-Christian aspects of it are staggering. To an objective outsider such as Iolo, the coming results are as clear as day. I suggest you keep your head under the sand, I am sure it is most comfortable there,

I would welcome a revolution here. I'm prepared for the financial collapse of the federal government, which has to occur if we continue on our current path. My state will fair well without the onerous FedCo, as will most of our citizenry. You in Massachusetts, however, beholden to many federal programs, not so much. And don't forget, our side has all the guns. :)

I'm amused at your stance that wanting limited government is un-Christain. Christianity is all about personal responsibility and private charity, while you big guv-mint types want GovCo to be charitable for you.

I would welcome a revolution here. I'm prepared for the financial collapse of the federal government, which has to occur if we continue on our current path. My state will fair well without the onerous FedCo, as will most of our citizenry. You in Massachusetts, however, beholden to many federal programs, not so much. And don't forget, our side has all the guns. :)

I'm amused at your stance that wanting limited government is un-Christain. Christianity is all about personal responsibility and private charity, while you big guv-mint types want GovCo to be charitable for you.
Of course you welcome the death and suffering of innocents which occurs during a revolution, faux Christian.

I am not amused or surprised that you took my statement comparing personal welfare with corporate welfare and tried to change the context, while ignoring your complicity in corporate welfare.

And don't forget, our side has all the guns. :)

What side would that be, the 1%?, because you would be wrong. The 99% has over 300 million guns, and every gun factory is working 3 shifts to provide for the ever increasing demand.

Of course you welcome the death and suffering of innocents which occurs during a revolution, faux Christian.

I am not amused or surprised that you took my statement comparing personal welfare with corporate welfare and tried to change the context, while ignoring your complicity in corporate welfare.

Your party's fiscal policies will cause the financial collapse, and that collapse will trigger a revolution. The resultant death and suffering is on you, not me. I am simply prepared for the situation and will react according. Will I enjoy shooting intruders into my property? No, but if one us has to die, I'm going to do my best to make sure it's not me or mine.

I am greatly amused that you think I am a proponent of corporate welfare. How you get to there from my stated position of limited government is rhetorical acrobatics at its finest.

Alright Dune, I will apologize for calling you a troll and I will take you off IA and am willing to start over.

Real translation; Cawacko, has had me on ignore for three years. He unjustly labelled me a troll and has rudely asked me not to post in threads he started.
Since I am clearly not a troll, and he chooses to treat me as one, I will take full advantage of his barring me from the inner circle of friends on this site, which I might have joined years ago, yet for his actions, so yes, I note his stupidity on occasion and announce it publicly to punish him.

That being the case, another glorious failure on your part. Perhaps if you knew the actual facts of the situation you would have been in a position to sit in judgement.

Of course, you could have asked me, but instead attempted to publicly shame me, an effort which entirely failed, I might add.

Weren't you leaving?

Are you having a similar conversation with ILA right now, by any chance? If not, I don't want to be here.

Your party's fiscal policies will cause the financial collapse, and that collapse will trigger a revolution. The resultant death and suffering is on you, not me. I am simply prepared for the situation and will react according. Will I enjoy shooting intruders into my property? No, but if one us has to die, I'm going to do my best to make sure it's not me or mine.

I am greatly amused that you think I am a proponent of corporate welfare. How you get to there from my stated position of limited government is rhetorical acrobatics at its finest.

Did you vote for any republicans? Then you are a proponent of corporate welfare.

Back