Democratic House Approves Big Changes in Student Aid

Shit, do you think I could get into Yale, Damo? My ACT score is higher than George Bush's equivalent SAT score, and I didn't even have the ridiculous amount of tutoring he obviously did to push it up that high. Too bad I don't have a rich dad.
They let in a regular amount of people with that type of ACT score. You have less of a chance but you could get in. I would apply at least, if that is where you wanted to go. But with Bush (I is the decider) and Kerry (What he said, but with 10K more) both graduating from there. I wouldn't want to associate my name with it.

However, you were stating that nobody does it, I was saying that some do it all the time. Now we agree on that point.

Now, do you think we should drag Yale down to the rest of the colleges, or should we ensure that all the colleges cover the exact same material so that it can be more equal? That way we could enforce equal charges and subsidies that could get you into "yale" but would it matter anymore?

I worked 60 hrs a week and went to Tech school 7 hours a day 5 days a week for 22 months.
Of course I was younger then, it would kill me now. Literally.

And I don't really see a future in welding. He lost his job to a bunch of illegals coming in... and he works with me at Popeyes,

don't tell superfreak that. Used to be that welding was an honorable well paid job, that a working stiff could support a family and a mortgage on.

According to sfreak, everything is just peachy for america's working stiffs.

Not for those in industries that are on the decline. I did not say it was universal you fuckiing moron.

Ummm, Dems gave bush both his wars, his patriot act, his education bill. I don't know why they couldn't fillibuster the pill bill. But they didn't. They gave him all his fiscally irresponsible tax cuts. They gave him 99% of his judges, and political appointments.
Afghanistan was "his" war. All the Dems except Barbare Lee voted for it lying dolt.
And the Bush education bill did not orginally call for a giant increase in education cash, that was Ted Kennedy's contribution to fiscal madness which is why the Dems "gave" their support.
Lying liar.

Yes, but "almost noone" does not equate to "no they don't".

People do it.

Did I actually say that no one did it, Damo? I was simply trying to say that the financial costs imposed enough burden on enough kids that much fewer of them went to college than the rich. Dano actually considers this a bonus, as we can always keep an underclass of cheap unskilled workers on our hands.

They let in a regular amount of people with that type of ACT score. You have less of a chance but you could get in. I would apply at least, if that is where you wanted to go. But with Bush (I is the decider) and Kerry (What he said, but with 10K more) both graduating from there. I wouldn't want to associate my name with it.

However, you were stating that nobody does it, I was saying that some do it all the time. Now we agree on that point.

Now, do you think we should drag Yale down to the rest of the colleges, or should we ensure that all the colleges cover the exact same material so that it can be more equal? That way we could enforce equal charges and subsidies that could get you into "yale" but would it matter anymore?

27 isn't an ivy league type score, honestly Damo. 28 would be stretching it, but I think they just completely ignore 27's. I have no idea how George Bush made it in.

I wasn't saying that I wanted to go to Yale. But honestly, having "Yale" on a law degree pretty much ensures you success in life.

Did I actually say that no one did it, Damo? I was simply trying to say that the financial costs imposed enough burden on enough kids that much fewer of them went to college than the rich. Dano actually considers this a bonus, as we can always keep an underclass of cheap unskilled workers on our hands.
Fuck you you spoiled little shit. I was underclass and I worked bigtime hours at a pizzeria while paying my own way through private computer college to get a high-tech job. No one is FORCED to be underclass by NOT FORCING people to pay for them to do better.
Try your guilt trips on some rino or something, nobody's given me a goddam thing in life and I sure don't need to listen to whiny shits who have never gone out and worked for their education to lecture me about the need to get it.

Yes, you did.

What part of "No, they don't" means... "some do"?

Fuck you you spoiled little shit. I was underclass and I worked bigtime hours at a pizzeria while paying my own way through private computer college to get a high-tech job. No one is FORCED to be underclass by NOT FORCING people to pay for them to do better.
Try your guilt trips on some rino or something, nobody's given me a goddam thing in life and I sure don't need to listen to whiny shits who have never gone out and worked for their education to lecture me about the need to get it.

Ah, I've seen this so many times.

Sometimes, a conservative, in an attempt to look "compassionate" will use a lot of fifty dollar words, trying to convince people that he's all for helping others, but the "free market" is the best way to do so.

You gotta respect the ones like Dano, who don't have enough self-control to worry about looking like a decent human being.

Slapping it right down for all to see; the basic difference between a con and a liberal.

A liberal has a rough time, maybe no health insurance, maybe no money for college, maybe they get downsized. And they say "geez, that sucked, I don't want to see that happen to anybody. I'd like to change that."

A con says "f you, I had a poor miserable childhood and nobody ever gave me nothing. I'm bitter and angry and I hated every kid who had it easier than I did, and I still hate them. And nobody is going to have it any easier than I had it."

The humanity of it is so touching.

27 isn't an ivy league type score, honestly Damo. 28 would be stretching it, but I think they just completely ignore 27's. I have no idea how George Bush made it in.

I wasn't saying that I wanted to go to Yale. But honestly, having "Yale" on a law degree pretty much ensures you success in life.
They let a certain amount of people with that score in specifically because they expect them to be able to pass, but not get the big scores, this is so that the big guys who are used to making huge grades and don't can compare favorably to another. It helps them psychologically.

The computer college got no tax dollars at all Dano ?
No none, I'm sure it paid a lot though as it was incorporated.
This subject makes me angrier than most. I dropped out working full time at McD's, left there (as they wouldn't/couldn't give more than 40 hours) to work 65 hours a week at a pizzeria for 2 years, saved up a few thousand and took out a REGULAR loan to go to private computer college part time days and worked nights/weekends at the same pizzeria for the next year and a half.

I graduated with over 90% average and had paid off most of my loan by graduation and all of it within 4 months.

It just pisses me off when I hear people who pretend that nobody can ever make it without government forcing others to pay for them to make it easier for them.

What burns me up even more is the memories I had of taking orders for pizza from a lot of the university kids who were often drunk/doped and they want my money off my checks for their education?
That's just a ridiculous injustice. College kids already have it easy and they forget that even if they graduate with some debt, they have done an investment in learning to obtain a higher paying job to pay off that debt easier.
It's not like they need poorer people who never went to college and make less to pay taxes to help them pay off their individual debt.

I'm proud of what I did, but not bragging about it, there are many immigrants who come here and did more with less than I had. America is the land of oppurtunity, not the land of oppurtunistic government.

:rant:

This subject makes me angrier than most. I dropped out working full time at McD's, left there (as they wouldn't/couldn't give more than 40 hours) to work 65 hours a week at a pizzeria for 2 years, saved up a few thousand and took out a REGULAR loan to go to private computer college part time days and worked nights/weekends at the same pizzeria for the next year and a half.

I graduated with over 90% average and had paid off most of my loan by graduation and all of it within 4 months.

It just pisses me off when I hear people who pretend that nobody can ever make it without government forcing others to pay for them to make it easier for them.

What burns me up even more is the memories I had of taking orders for pizza from a lot of the university kids who were often drunk/doped and they want my money off my checks for their education?
That's just a ridiculous injustice. College kids already have it easy and they forget that even if they graduate with some debt, they have done an investment in learning to obtain a higher paying job to pay off that debt easier.
It's not like they need poorer people who never went to college and make less to pay taxes to help them pay off their individual debt.

I'm proud of what I did, but not bragging about it, there are many immigrants who come here and did more with less than I had. America is the land of oppurtunity, not the land of oppurtunistic government.

Yep...and he's going to stick it to those guys who had the nerve to order pizzas from him, and nobody, and i mean nobody, is ever going to have it easier than he did.

Gotta say, at least your upfront about your anger, hatred and bitterness.

:rant:

And wouldn't it be better no one ever had to live through that again, Damo? I guess not. Yeah, maybe you did it (I seriously doubt you were "lower class", and you couldn't even afford a graduate degree yourself). I know a lot of people who don't do it because they can't even be assured they'll get a degree.

And what would this take? 1% of our budge? You were more than willing to spend 10 times that on a fake war of fearmongering outrage.

Ah, I've seen this so many times.

Sometimes, a conservative, in an attempt to look "compassionate" will use a lot of fifty dollar words, trying to convince people that he's all for helping others, but the "free market" is the best way to do so.

You gotta respect the ones like Dano, who don't have enough self-control to worry about looking like a decent human being.

Slapping it right down for all to see; the basic difference between a con and a liberal.

A liberal has a rough time, maybe no health insurance, maybe no money for college, maybe they get downsized. And they say "geez, that sucked, I don't want to see that happen to anybody. I'd like to change that."

A con says "f you, I had a poor miserable childhood and nobody ever gave me nothing. I'm bitter and angry and I hated every kid who had it easier than I did, and I still hate them. And nobody is going to have it any easier than I had it."

The humanity of it is so touching.
That's news to me Darla, envy is the lifeblood of the left. I couldn't care less how well or easy rich people succeed, that's your department. I do not like when soon to be richer people (university grads) expect everyone to shoulder their own personal education investment.

By the way I've been downsized...twice, I'm in high-tech it's never far from a possibility. The first time it happened, I was amazed at how many people wanted to go to the local bar for a drink to drown their sorrow or whatever. I was laid off at 10am and searching for jobs on the net back home at 10:40am.

People don't need humanity for life's little foibles, they just need to pick themselves up and keep going, if they don't want to or need some comfort. I don't begrudge them that, but don't expect the ones who move on to pay for the ones who don't want to move on.

Yep...and he's going to stick it to those guys who had the nerve to order pizzas from him, and nobody, and i mean nobody, is ever going to have it easier than he did.

Gotta say, at least your upfront about your anger, hatred and bitterness.

If you could please explain how NOT wanting to pay for someone else's anything is "sticking it to them".

This should be good, I'll go get some popcorn.

Back